Big Boi Gives Young Thug The OutKast Co-Sign

Options

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Lol @ all the back peddling and excuses ? is using. So certain ? get a pass for dressing "androgynous" but others don't?

thatssotrue_3781_1331170504.gif

uhhh...yeah, happens all the time, pharrell wears a stupid hat and it's a fashion statement, see someone on the street with that hat, he gets clowned on

prince is a rock star or was a rock star....thug is just some scrub who sells 19k and couldn't sell out a high school arena
  • bck145
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    prince gets away with it because a majority of people like his music...thug doesn't because he makes generic music

Prince wore high heels with his butt cheeks hanging out in the back b.

and obviously got away with it...thug obviously can't because ppl are clowning him for it

think of it as winning in the nfl...if you win people will overlook the bad things, thugs not winning so obviously he can't get away with it
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    prince gets away with it because a majority of people like his music...thug doesn't because he makes generic music

and obviously got away with it...thug obviously can't because ppl are clowning him for it

think of it as winning in the nfl...if you win people will overlook the bad things, thugs not winning so obviously he can't get away with it

He's not winning because a bunch of virgins on a hip hop board say so?
  • bck145
    Options

no the lack of interest for his music outside of the virgins on the hip hop boards who want so bad for his music to be relevant do
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    people forget andre 3000 cosigned ke$ha
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's always one ? on this board who says Biggie is ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    So what we learned here is that @buttuh_b hangs out wit ? . Got it.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no the lack of interest for his music outside of the virgins on the hip hop boards who want so bad for his music to be relevant do

? Outta here. Thugger the third hottest rapper out the A right now after Future and Quentin Miller. And he's only 23, he hasn't come close to reaching his plateu yet. He's just getting started.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? Outta here. Thugger the third hottest rapper out the A right now after Future and Quentin Miller. And he's only 23, he hasn't come close to reaching his plateu yet. He's just getting started.

Yeah, because ? like you can't see past your own noses and realize the muthafucka's music is detrimental to the genre as a whole. All he does is cater to the lowest group of people, and ? that should know better eat it up and regurgitate it until it somehow gains a following that it never should have had in the first place.

You endorse ? and that's what you shall receive. Y'all ? have fun defending this ? . I've said my peace.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

? don't you live in Atl just like me?

You and I have been around more ? ppl than almost all the other people on this board.

• xxCivicxx
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Yeah, because ? like you can't see past your own noses and realize the muthafucka's music is detrimental to the genre as a whole. All he does is cater to the lowest group of people, and ? that should know better eat it up and regurgitate it until it somehow gains a following that it never should have had in the first place.

You endorse ? and that's what you shall receive. Y'all ? have fun defending this ? . I've said my peace.

Ok so if Thug's music was classified as something else then would that calm y'all down?

Just think of him as an R&B/Rap mixture that isn't exactly either one.

That way he shouldn't be disrespecting your precious image of hip-hop anymore right?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

? don't you live in Atl just like me?

You and I have been around more ? ppl than almost all the other people on this board.

I'm just ? wit him man, relax.
  • Like Water
    edited October 2015
    Options

Ok so if Thug's music was classified as something else then would that calm y'all down?

That way he shouldn't be disrespecting your precious image of hip-hop anymore right?

You're a smart person until this topic rears its ugly head, then it seems you become purposely obtuse. Smh. Why is that?
  • bck145
    Options

lol he's 23? dude looks unhealthy AF
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

You're a smart person until this topic rears it's ugly head, then it seems you become purposely obtuse. Smh. Why is that?

I just think that black artists are legendary at evolving music in general and moving the entire culture of music forward

Music should be allowed to evolve, that's how come it's such a powerhouse, because it CAN keep evolving.

Led Zeppelin evolved music. James Brown evolved music. Michael Jackson evolved music. They all did it in their own eccentric ways, but their music has stands the test of time so that's the main thing that they're remembered for

I think Thug makes music that can stand the test of time. I don't care what genre he is considered to be in tbh, and I REALLY don't care about how he dresses because rockstars have been dressing that way for decades.

I think his sing-song rap style throws some people off but that style is a staple in reggae/calypso/soca and Thug is from the islands. My family is too and I grew up on island music so his style isn't off-putting at all to me

He makes smooth tracks. How can you listen to this and hate
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thug killing the music video game tho in terms of originality. That Best Friend video is crazy
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    BY HHE EDITORS · SEPTEMBER 30, 2015

Outkast young thugYoung Thug is an extremely polarizing fellow. And that’s just because of his fashion sense.

His actual music also divides folks: some see hints of melodic genius, while others a mumbled mess.

Big Boi recently did a RapRadar podcast, and toward the end he was asked about whom he is currently inspired by. This is how the OutKast member responded:

I like um…I know ‘Dre [Andre 3000] really like that Young Thug, I like Young Thug, Thug got melody though. Thug talented too.”

So there you go. Thugger is OutKast approved. It’s really not that surprising the legendary duo would be digging their fellow singing ATLer, is it?

Honestly I dont see how anybody could have a problem with this. People in here are expending a lot of energy hatin on somebody whose music they claim not to really fck with I would assume. The thing is Dude got songs I do fck with but Im not that interested in him or what he wears or what ever. Really I listen to the music I dont really watch his videos or look at him all obsessed. He's worn things I wouldnt but I just dont get some of yalls obsession. Like whats up wit yall? I mean Just dont listen to dude you aint gotta be all angry and weird about it try to get it together. Try not to get so mad at a young black dude makin legal money and moves and music if nothing else (the ones of you who are capable of not hating blacks making legal money and moves and music)
  • Like Water
    Options

You're a smart person until this topic rears it's ugly head, then it seems you become purposely obtuse. Smh. Why is that?

I just think that black artists are legendary at evolving music in general and moving the entire culture of music forward

Music should be allowed to evolve, that's how come it's such a powerhouse, because it CAN keep evolving.

Led Zeppelin evolved music. James Brown evolved music. Michael Jackson evolved music. They all did it in their own eccentric ways, but their music has stands the test of time so that's the main thing that they're remembered for

I think Thug makes music that can stand the test of time. I don't care what genre he is considered to be in tbh, and I REALLY don't care about how he dresses because rockstars have been dressing that way for decades.

I think his sing-song rap style throws some people off but that style is a staple in reggae/calypso/soca and Thug is from the islands. My family is too and I grew up on island music so his style isn't off-putting at all to me

He makes smooth tracks. How can you listen to this and hate

It's not "hating" if a ? can give you a legitimate reason as to why they don't ? with something. It's called "disliking". You ? need to get that through your thick skulls.

And ol' boy sounds almost exactly like Wayne. A higher pitch and and less coherent. No, thank you.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

Very slept on point right here. I listen to Thug and Future the same way I would listen to Vybz or any other reggae cat. The melodies and flows are very identical. ? are just stuck to listening to one type of rap muzik. And on the real, both Future and Thugga are lyrical.
  • bck145
    Options

Very slept on point right here. I listen to Thug and Future the same way I would listen to Vybz or any other reggae cat. The melodies and flows are very identical. ? are just stuck to listening to one type of rap muzik. And on the real, both Future and Thugga are lyrical.

lyrical? not a day in his life was he lyrical
  • _Goldie_
    Options

lyrical? not a day in his life was he lyrical

Their wordplay is better than 90% of the ? in the game.

To my point about the reggae similarities, if somebody told me this was Vybz on the hook, I'd believe it 100%..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzWUa26XNsI
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

False. I listen to reggae hard. From dancehall to culture. And they don't sound nothing like this ? . Most reggae artist have a message in their music. What is this dude message? Where is the evolution in his music like @like_water said this ? is a detriment to music. How long he been in the game and his subject matter is still the same.

And don't ever call compare this ? to Kartel. Cause before he was the bleacher he was Addi the teacher.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    lol @ detriment to music. Man sit down somewhere.