2»

Comments

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The miseducation is one of the best albums of my time on this planet

She definitely will get a chance from me

You cant compare it to detox

dre is a prodcer not really a rapper

and she will make an album that me, my son, grandma and sister can listen to

Maybe her and santanna or one of the marleys or wyclef can do something

She is still a class act and timeless

i think the business side of the industry got her out

The IRS always comes for black entertainers

when they cant arrest you for drugs, ? or domestic abuse

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2015
    I'll cop BUT keep this in mind......this isn't the same Lauryn from 1998......

You'd think ? would realize that with how her live performances have been being received over the past few years but people still holding on to 1998 Lauryn. People's expectations for this album is either going to make it over hyped or over criticized and compared to Miseducation which won't be a good thing either way
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Fairfax wrote: »
    Lauren is about 15 years too late to start working on her follow up album.
    ? sales...
    I Never knew, creativity n passion had a time table.

where in his post did he sale anything about sales?He just said 15yrs too late.
    I'll love to hear new music from Lauren,but hope her voice is right,even though they can work magic in the studio fixing n touching up people's voice.
    jD2WXQ.gif

When BLACK ppl say its too late for a musical artist . They're referring to relevance aka sales...
    Cause talent dont go anywhere... infact with musical artist, it becomes better with experience.

Thing is... She hasn't had years of experience honing her craft ...

Instead, she has had some very rough life experiences that have undoubtly damaged her artistry over the years.

You forget that half her style reflects one of the most nuanced and angelic voices hip hop has ever seen. Flow and lyricism may not necessarily depreciate, but vocal prowess certainly does.

The general concensus is that she has probably lost that magic she once had.

I think everyone is hoping she proves them wrong... We are just being realistic

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make it seem like she's been locked up and hasn't sang a note or touched an instrument in years.

Lauryn will be just fine. The people who would like it will love it. The people who wouldn't like it will probably hate it. Musicians like her get better with time and experience. That's where they draw inspiration from artistically.

And that time Nas brought her out at Summerjam, no she didn't sound bad. She sounded like an emcee as opposed to the other effeminate ass ? that had been desecrating the stage all night.

Y'all letting these fly by night singers and rappers eskew your view of true artists.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying it won't be great...

But saying it is going to be on the All-Time Classic Level of the material she produced in her prime is not a fair expectation

"Not sounding bad" is a far cry from "sounding like the best artist of a generation"

bkkbully wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Fairfax wrote: »
    Lauren is about 15 years too late to start working on her follow up album.

Nope.......She's not too late.

She's one of the most talented hip hop artists to ever touch a mic. I'm very confident that every hot producer in the industry will be honored to bless her with whatever she wants and every hip hop artist will be honored if selected to drop a verse or two.

This album is destined to be historic.

this is the problem right there. it's not destined to be heroic. it'll be what it is. great, good, wack, trash, amazing, etc. Why even put that much pressure on an artist? let it breathe