Stephen A. Smith Threatens Kevin Durant...How u feel about that

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The utrter COLDNESS of his statements put a chill in my body nh Got me damn near emotional both angry and sad

THAT is the type people you're dealing with, the type of folk with ? complexes who a) are 40+ years old yet think they KNOW these 20 something year old players, and b) think they are on par and JUST AS IMPORTANT as the athletes they cover
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait, hold the ? on. Is this dude serious? As many unnecessary shots as he takes a Black athletes and he's really trying to criticize ESPN in that way. Fat boy really needs to lay off the hamburgers. Them transfats are affecting his brain.

Can't stand Whitlock but I don't think he's saying there's an issue w/ "attacking" black athletes. I believe his point is ESPN allows him and all their other employees to attack the athletes on a daily basis but the second they speak against an owner it becomes an issue.

So basically he's calling hypocrisy on not being able to attack white owners, not defending black athletes. So basically he's still a ? .
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Here are Wilbons comments, TWICE, after Sean Taylor was first reported shot, then when he died
    Wilbon, in an online chat on Nov. 26, 2007, while Taylor lay in critical condition:

Sean Taylor isn't the only guy I know who fits his general profile. I've known guys like Taylor all my life, grew up with some. They still have shades of gray and shouldn't be painted in black and white...I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it.
    The ones who do have a hard time leaving the "streets" struggle because it's leaving home.

[...]

Some, increasingly, romanticize it, or are addicted to it, or find it irresistible. ... Some take awhile to divorce themselves from it ... think Allen Iverson, who after years of living dangerously, seems pretty far removed from that life now. Everybody's circumstance is different. But it always seemed to me that Sean Taylor loves his life and the way he's living and has no instinct to change...
    Wilbon, in an online chat on Nov. 26, 2007, while Taylor lay in critical condition:

Again, I'm not the least bit surprised about the Taylor episode...why would I be considering his history, even since he joined the Redskins?

What he say that was incorrect?
    At most, He was insenstive to the dead.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • S2J
    Options
    Here are Wilbons comments, TWICE, after Sean Taylor was first reported shot, then when he died

Sean Taylor isn't the only guy I know who fits his general profile. I've known guys like Taylor all my life, grew up with some. They still have shades of gray and shouldn't be painted in black and white...I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it.
    The ones who do have a hard time leaving the "streets" struggle because it's leaving home.

[...]

Some, increasingly, romanticize it, or are addicted to it, or find it irresistible. ... Some take awhile to divorce themselves from it ... think Allen Iverson, who after years of living dangerously, seems pretty far removed from that life now. Everybody's circumstance is different. But it always seemed to me that Sean Taylor loves his life and the way he's living and has no instinct to change...

Again, I'm not the least bit surprised about the Taylor episode...why would I be considering his history, even since he joined the Redskins?

Im an adult. Im gonna assume you're one as well. So Im not explaining that to you. I dont have time for the 'well if you think about...' logic that only exists, or at least is exacerbated, by being online

It makes nothing REAL. No matter the story, no matter how inflammatory, there is always a 'well if you think about it...'

? that. Play dumb or robotic if u want to...
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

[...]

he insinuated Taylor is to blame for his own death given his past behavior, embracing violence, etc.

where if I'm not mistaken, the people who set up the robbery was the same people he invited into his house to fix or install something

they knew he was rich, tried to rob him one night, he fought back to protect his girl and infant daughter, and they killed him

dude died protecting his family. both wilbon and cowherd insinuated he had it coming based on his criminal history

how ? up is that?

I was off my square. You knocked me back on it. I take the L on this one.
    Looking at it, looks like Wilbon and Cowherd were waiting for someone to die to write their "romanticizing the hood" (which some people do). It wasnt the time and place to do it.
  • S2J
    Options

[...]

he insinuated Taylor is to blame for his own death given his past behavior, embracing violence, etc.

where if I'm not mistaken, the people who set up the robbery was the same people he invited into his house to fix or install something

they knew he was rich, tried to rob him one night, he fought back to protect his girl and infant daughter, and they killed him

dude died protecting his family. both wilbon and cowherd insinuated he had it coming based on his criminal history

how ? up is that?

I was off my square. You knocked me back on it. I take the L on this one.
    Looking at it, looks like Wilbon and Cowherd were waiting for someone to die to write their "romanticizing the hood" (which some people do). It wasnt the time and place to do it.

Exactly.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Where Hugh Douglas at?

Got fired. He was going to put paws on Michael Smith

Is that really what happened? Lol

Yeah, Hugh was being insecure about himself, he didn't really like working on a analytical show were the anchors/reporters were the show, and not him, which made him fell left out. Then when Jemele officially joined the show, he hated that even more. He got ? at the award show and resented them for being smarter then himself.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAS is a clown, I like how he thinks his opinions hold more weight because he has a journalism degree and is too good debating the common fan. In Broadcasting tv/radio, you don't need a degree to get in the field. Especially, when your job mostly is giving opinions.

SAS thinks he at the same level of the athletes and celebrities he supposed to cover.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where Hugh Douglas at?

He does radio in Atlanta, dude still sayin wild ? . It's funny tho
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

[...]

how ? up is that?

And then the ? ass ? was such a ? coward he didn't even show his ? face during Taylor's football life docu ....see that's the ? that gets me tho ...these little dirtbags be on that high power ? with that pen but once anybody presses their weak ? they go quite ass a church mouse ...same thing happened to Skip Bayless when Jalen Rose pressed him about being a fraud who made up lies on his history ...these ? have 0 accountability whe it comes to their own indiscretions but they make a career a living off of chopping others up ....it's gross ...that's why I love when ? like Marahawn ? all over them divas because that's really what sports reporters are ...make no mistake these ? are the biggest ego centric pathetic idiotic charterers in the whole realm of sporting entertainment
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is a journalist Hall of Fame, I don't give a damn about it just like everybody don't give a damn about the WNBA.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Stephen A overcompensated and made a fool of himself because his credibility was questioned that segment was dumb af.Shoulda said something simple like my track record speaks for itself and kept it moving.

This reminded me years ago when jalen rose questioned skips basketball career and it turned into a coppin pleas show and intervention for 2 hours. lol

my ? that ? lasted the ENTIRE WEEK... it took a full working week b4 Skip could pick up his soul off the floor. That one punch line from Jalen, altered the timeline for the entire week.. was so ? pathetic. Then i dont think Jalen was back on FT for like 2 years
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the worst thing i ve ever read was Whitlock piece on Serena Williams from a few years back...i still owe him a fade for that
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ? A Smith

giphy.gif

You can do better than this bro..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The utrter COLDNESS of his statements put a chill in my body nh Got me damn near emotional both angry and sad

THAT is the type people you're dealing with, the type of folk with ? complexes who a) are 40+ years old yet think they KNOW these 20 something year old players, and b) think they are on par and JUST AS IMPORTANT as the athletes they cover

I am not to say your emotional reaction is wrong but that is why ESPN first and drama queen is on the air. They want to get emotional reactions out of people which drives up ratings. This ? is scripted. SAS was a legitimate journalist and to my knowledge so was Skip before this show. But this show copied the fox news sceme of fuckery and trolling to get people ? . Outlandish ? actually believe this ? is real and take sides and people who cant stand it somehow end up clicking on the links and or watching just to yell at the screen.

If people stopped letting scare tactics and trollery be watched and consumed in the media the media would either go out of business or be forced to report facts and be fair.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESPN has become a haven for permissible trolling

they want to be TMZ and talk about sports at the same time
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Only black perspective I respect on ESPN is Bomani's

him and Michael Smith honestly watching his and hers shows me dude is the type of ? that does his job and goes home... which I respect because he doesn't take what athletes do in their lives seriously...

He's so damn corny though.

And Whitlock is smoking rocks. How the hell you going to make a career on taking unnecessary shots at black athletes and then turn around a put out those tweets?

true I used to say the same thing until I they changed "numbers never lie" to "his and hers".. he is the only dude on that network who seems not to have an agenda... today he put his co-host in check.. she was trying to go on a rant about dude who starts this weekend for the Cowboys who is getting back from a suspension or possible domestic violence... he basically said "what do you expect? this dude did his time for his suspension. he didn't get charged (or got the charge over turned) and the chick didn't want to go to court. is this man supposed to wallow In the past or get back to what he does best. which is play football. he shouldn't be your moral compass" and she honestly say anything after that... name any other person who works for espn who will say something like that...

That's a good point. He's corny, but he does keep it real.

As for Wilbon, his statements aren't that bad. They were just poorly timed and phrased. They were cold, but I think the point he was trying to make is valid. I don't know if they were true, but all he was trying to say was that if people indulge in a hard life even after they escape it, they'll suffer consequences. It's one of those things that shouldn't have been said when it was said, but it's not cooning or a particular ridiculous statement.

Wilbon ain't that bad. He's just got that old black man way of thinking, and he simply doesn't get a lot of the things young black males do.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Wilbon wack

When he went on his "Floyd Mayweather is a coward" crusade, lost respect for him
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "you dont want me as an enemy." stephen a.

so stephen A. Smith is the godfather now? Dude is a kingpin that can call a hit with one phone call? lol

? did act like he was gonna put a bomb under a ? car or something. Im at home thinking wtf he mean by that ? ? Lol
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant, Ryan Clark, Michelle Beadle, Jalen Rose, and Richard Sherman should start their own little "SONNED stephen A & Skip Bayless" Mount Rushmore statue. An IC graphic design cat need to photoshop that ? into existance