New Far Cry Set During the Stone Age? Far Cry: Primal

Options
Delphas
Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
FC_Primal_Screenshot3.jpg
Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, when giant mammoths and saber-toothed tigers ruled the Earth, and humanity was at the bottom of the food chain. You will play as Takkar, a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of your group. You have one goal: survival in a world where you are the prey. Grow your tribe and hone your skills to lead your people, conquer the land of Oros, and become the apex predator. Encounter a cast of memorable characters who can help push back the dangers of the wild. Face enemy tribes who will do anything to eradicate you and your allies.

Here's the reveal trailer.

https://youtu.be/NWlOtBV5zO0

Looks dope, but smh at the main character being white even though it's set in the Stone Age.

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last one wasn't too great. It was a step backwards compared to 3.

I'll check for this though.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im down with it...yeah FC4 wasnt as good as 3 but it was decent
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why the hell even call this a Farcry game? Should have just called it Primal or something else. Cash grabs, I swear.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm coppin this.. this ? look dope, something fresh & new.. i hope ubisoft gets all the bugs out tho

I'm tired of they lazy ? droppin buggy games
  • Delphas
    Options
    inb4 he beefs with Turok.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    inb4 he beefs with Turok.

Far cry don't won't that.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jis realized somethin,

We're gonna play a whole farcry game wit no guns ?
    Interesting
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Why the hell even call this a Farcry game? Should have just called it Primal or something else. Cash grabs, I swear.

It's probably the same spec as Farcry 4. Just a filler game whilst they work on the real sequel.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

It's probably the same spec as Farcry 4. Just a filler game whilst they work on the real sequel.

Was thinking that after the post. It's still a money grab.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    FC_Primal_Screenshot3.jpg
    Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, when giant mammoths and saber-toothed tigers ruled the Earth, and humanity was at the bottom of the food chain. You will play as Takkar, a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of your group. You have one goal: survival in a world where you are the prey. Grow your tribe and hone your skills to lead your people, conquer the land of Oros, and become the apex predator. Encounter a cast of memorable characters who can help push back the dangers of the wild. Face enemy tribes who will do anything to eradicate you and your allies.

Here's the reveal trailer.

https://youtu.be/NWlOtBV5zO0

Looks dope, but smh at the main character being white even though it's set in the Stone Age.

black people didn't exist until white people needed crops picked, didn't you listen to your white teacher's official propaganda in school....?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubi is so ? .I bought Far Cry 4 because I had a lot of credit after trading in my 3DS and I traded that ? right back.They may have worse game engines than Activision with that weak ass engine COD be running on.To be so big they are cheap when it comes to spending money and time on game development so pass.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are they callin this another far cry when it don't even follow the series?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are they callin this another far cry when it don't even follow the series?

None of the games in far cry follow each other ?

only thing that far cry means = open world sandbox first person prettyness, if it does that its far cry
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome setting man, Ill get innn
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to see another stone age turok. none of that space marine ? . just turok or tal set vs dinosaur people.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? DOPE!

Farcry 4 was my first in the series unfortunately. Heard fans didnt love it, but i had fun playing it.

Looking forward to this ? though.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Far Cry Blood Dragon was cheeks
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Adam Jensen" is doing the voice of the lead in this ? haha. Epic ? .
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I was about to buy Far cry 4 off the strength of 3, what's wrong with it?
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I highly recommend FC4

I see nothing wrong with it.

The only thing bad is that it followed up fc3.

"Im goim to find you jason brody"
    That ? still burned in some of our heads loll
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I was about to buy Far cry 4 off the strength of 3, what's wrong with it?

Nothing wrong with that game except the online play

It's just not as strong as 3 but 4 is still good
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would of been better as an MMOrpg. It's time consoles took that next step. There's only so much left to do with these sandbox franchises.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Never played 3 but 4's story was boring didnt even bother finishing it b4 resale. But all the sand box ? was epic just wasnt enough there and the dlc was lackbluster, the game had some epic instances but those instances had no replay value I hope the address that.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Would of been better as an MMOrpg. It's time consoles took that next step. There's only so much left to do with these sandbox franchises.

hell no that ? would definetly put an end to story mode in the gta franchise and a lot of other games. don't get me wrong playing online is fun and all that ,but I remember when I used to play golden eye wii I used be in deathmatches quite a bit but I was ? at how short the campaign mode was I never finished it but I reached the final level quickly it was too damn short. I can't play a game without t hero that has a purpose. video gaming needs its links, its Nathan drakes, the cj's ,vercettis, bellics , its samus arus's . consoles already have mmo's like dcu online and planetside 2
  • Delphas
    Options