What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Why did you join the IC?

AyeB_AyeB_ VPosts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in AKA Donkey
What was the reason you joined the IC? What made you want to join this crazy ass place? Share your story.
housebunnymahi.gif

Replies

• Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B/c I was never a fan of MySpace, how folks sat there viewing other folks profiles, drop a comment, and waited for a response. Plus that glittery letter s*** was gettin on my nerves.

I wanted an interactive site with daily interaction.

Couldn't log on to SOHH for some reason.

Google search hip hop sites and just happened to click the AHH link.

darkone360...aka...Recaptimus_Prime360...aka Recap360 was born.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    king hassan
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was googlin some important conspiracy theories and got directed to the social lounge
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Sion Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lurked Ill Pix for over a year - dope forum. Wanted to make a thread and contribute. The rest is history
  • BangEm_Bart BangEm_Bart Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was an avid AHH reader. Use to read about upcoming artist and such then started accidentally lurking the PPM. Never really knew or cared about the other subsections until the exposures.
    tumblr_nlvyktYJJb1qe6vsbo2_400.gif

Nathalie-Emanuel-arm-bra.gif

giphy.gif
  • MasteryMastery Sion Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »
    I joined in 02 cause I was working a tech support center and was hella bored. Stumbled across the IC off a link on an RnB site and it was alot different than it is now...way more females.

Honestly I think IG, Twitter, and Snapchat have killed the message board game for alot of females.
    Damn @Kat we been on this bitch for a MINUTE! Lol

I joined in late '02 as well... don't remember how I stumbled across this shit though.
    nlelbo.jpg
    KatK_Fisher
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ ablackweb.com Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    I love hiphop
    CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE/FORUM

FORUM: http://ablackweb.com/forum/index.php

topoftheworldrip.dilla
  • ChillaDaGawdChillaDaGawd Light it......smoke it......snort it HashtownPosts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to post on blackplanet but got banned then I came across here back in 2009 but stopped posting in 2011 but came back this year after the Mike Brown shit
    tumblr_m61cifkpp41qjw853o2_400.gif

tumblr_mmhs3cVfQY1r8h243o1_400.gif

girl-smoke-weed-6.gif

• DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That nigga aneed was posting hilarious GIFs on our boxing forum, and I was like where you get them shits from, then he posted the link to the donkey

• OmegaConflictOmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this in donkey
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
    Chi Snow
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this in donkey

Because it's not a news article or race related
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
    Dave2one6
  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea. Can't even remember. Pretty sure I lurked for like 6 months though.
    Dave2one6
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illseed rumors...was looking for ppl to discuss music production techniques, saw someone get exposed/roasted and it was on....
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

K_Fisher
  • yahwehprofetyahwehprofet Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    I wAs 18 and stumbled on the reason because of the hip hop music links and recommendations; funny opinions and was solely a REASON IC'er for years... I'm 29 now and I enjoy the whole I'll community minus the powder room lol