The Sopranos or Breaking Bad

2»

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sopranos
    Most satisfying death to me was Christopher dying. Idiot couldn't lay of the coke and damn near took him and Tony out

Tony plugging Chris nose is one of my favorite scenes
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad
    The real reason the sopranos got this no contest to me is cuz the show was well rounded. Almost all side characters brought something to the show. Outside of gus and mike, walt carried that show. Everybody else just reacted to walt's manipulations. BB one dimensional af. Great show but it's not ? with the sopranos as far as depth goes.

maybe b/c...oh i dont know...the show was about him in the first place?

c'mon gab
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited October 2015
    The Sopranos
    AP21 wrote: »
    The real reason the sopranos got this no contest to me is cuz the show was well rounded. Almost all side characters brought something to the show. Outside of gus and mike, walt carried that show. Everybody else just reacted to walt's manipulations. BB one dimensional af. Great show but it's not ? with the sopranos as far as depth goes.

c'mon gab

So the sopranos wasn't about tony soprano now? Ok...
  • AP21
    Breaking Bad

c'mon gab

So the sopranos wasn't about tony soprano now? Ok...

ehhh

other story lines branched off from him. I mean, the show is called "Grey's Anatomy" but it stopped being primarily about the character whose last name is Grey years ago

From jump, you knew Walter was the center of the show. he has cancer and was trying to provide a financial nest egg for his family in the event of his timely demise, then you watched him morph into the person he ultimately ended up being.
  • atribecalledgabi
    The Sopranos
    Im sayind tho the title of the show is his damn name so the sopranos already set it up that it's about tony and the drama around his "family"

BB was the walt show...it's not a bad thing per se but a show like that isn't on the same level as sopranos, the wire (to me) cuz there's no drop off when main protagonists aren't on the screen. Outside of gus and mike i really didn't gaf about anybody else. Not even jesse.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to choose, both are classics.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Breaking Bad

I prefer BB, but this is true. BB had a better supporting cast then you give them credit for, but Sopranos still gets the nod.
  • AP21
    Breaking Bad
    Im sayind tho the title of the show is his damn name so the sopranos already set it up that it's about tony and the drama around his "family"

BB was the walt show...it's not a bad thing per se but a show like that isn't on the same level as sopranos, the wire (to me) cuz there's no drop off when main protagonists aren't on the screen. Outside of gus and mike i really didn't gaf about anybody else. Not even jesse.

im so confused by your response

when was BB at any time not about Walter White?

you are suggesting the show isnt as good as TS b/c its centered around one character?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    The Sopranos
    The Wire is still my favorite television show of all-time. I loved that show because it rang so true and really showed how a lot of factors that most wouldn't think (if they've never been in that type of environment) connects actually do connect. It shows how some people are thrust into drug dealing and how many people are involved into the trade. It's a great story and the main character of The Wire isn't McNulty, it's Baltimore.

As far as these 2 great shows I gotta go with the Soprano's. Nobody on Breaking Bad was likable besides maybe the baby. My Favorite characters If I was forced to choose would be Gus and maybe Jessie. Soprano's was a good story with a lot of interesting characters
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad
    Easy choice for me. Boardwalk Empire and The Wire are both better than The sopranos.

Btw, the wire is more about Baltimore being ? up from top to bottom than it is about anything else.
  • atribecalledgabi
    The Sopranos

you are suggesting the show isnt as good as TS b/c its centered around one character?

No...I'm saying BB didn't develop it's side characters that much (outside of jesse) so when walt wasn't onscreen the show lulled in a lot of places imo. It was one dimensional in that way and I prefer a show to have other ? going on then just the main character(s).
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    Easy choice for me. Boardwalk Empire and The Wire are both better than The sopranos.

Btw, the wire is more about Baltimore being ? up from top to bottom than it is about anything else.

Nah
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad
    Heizenberg was a beast
  • AP21
    Breaking Bad

No...I'm saying BB didn't develop it's side characters that much (outside of jesse) so when walt wasn't onscreen the show lulled in a lot of places imo. It was one dimensional in that way and I prefer a show to have other ? going on then just the main character(s).

they were vessels that moved the story along. Nothing more

Do you really need a backstory on skinny Pete and badger? lol. I mean, they were funny, but not necessary to move the story along.

I mean, we got a better call saul spinoff that features some other characters, so maybe in that universe, its just not meant for those people to carry the show b/c it centered around Walt
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wire-The Sopranos-Breaking Bad Are The 3 Best TV/Cable Dramas Ever IMO....I Really Cant Pick One Over The Other I Love Them Equally For Different Reasons...The Tense Suspense Of Breaking Bad...The Rich Fleshed Out Universe Of The Sopranos And The Fly On The Wall Documentary Style Of The Wire...I Refuse To Pick Goddamit
  • atribecalledgabi
    The Sopranos

they were vessels that moved the story along. Nothing more

Do you really need a backstory on skinny Pete and badger? lol. I mean, they were funny, but not necessary to move the story along.

I mean, we got a better call saul spinoff that features some other characters, so maybe in that universe, its just not meant for those people to carry the show b/c it centered around Walt

Lmao it ain't that serious. Just give me compelling side stories and characters that give me something to hold on to.

I'm not knocking BB at all. It's one of the GOATs. But the sopranos is just on another level cuz it was "colorful"
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad
    Never watched sopranos