NYPD Union Boycotting Quentin Tarantino for speaking at #BLM/#RiseUpOctober Rally...

2»

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they don't have rebuttals ready. Mark Furman "Black ppl ? black ppl", rebuttal "white ppl ? white ppl, your point?", "and black go to prison for killing black ppl, cops get medals for killing black ppl". Why do these unprepared negroes get on FOX not knowing what these cacs will say? Smh
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Copper wrote: »
    Read a story about police try a boycott a farm in VA bc they had a BLM poster up in their windows

Police wanna boycott peoples freedom of speech
    Police support the shooting of unarmed civilians
    Police refusing to do their jobs bc the public doest like them killing citizens w/o accountability
    Police think black people wanting justice for murder and brutality is hateful and racist

Even with insurmountable evidence and solid proof of police murder, assaults, unwarranted arrest and ties to the kkk and racist text cops and faux news still perpetuate the lie that all cops are great and BLM are dealing in falsehoods

I'm starting to believe police unions don't represent cops...im just finding it hard to believe that they conduct some poll that the majority of cops find some ? to say about EVERYTHING that isn't 100% supportive and ass kissing of them.

I wonder if any cops have come out against what they say (long shot probly not but hey...)
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0mp wrote: »
    FOX News is outrageous even by white standards. I know conservative whites that think FOX is some ? .

"The white person's plight is being ignored by big media. We are persecuted and discriminated against for being white by vicious minority racists and bigots. ? bless our law enforcement heroes for keeping us safe from ? . ? that muslim kenyan atheist usurper Obummer and his tyrannical government that's trying to round us up and take all our guns, etc..."

You could hit them with the persecution and race card.... and victimhood.

You know how bad it is. When I first started reading what you put, I thought it was an actual quote from FOX. lol
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Probably means nothing but QT uses the n-word when he's making apparences in his movies a little to ? nilly for my liking.

People complaining about writing ? into dialouge is dumb to me. That whole Django outrage was stupid too.

BUT... His character in Pulp Fiction throwing ? around for no apparent reason always confused me. Plus you dind out his wife is black in the movie too

That's the most important part. You can be married to a person of another race/ethnicity and still be prejudice to those same people. My uncle used to work with a guy who was married to a black woman and he said he was racist as ? .
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/los-angeles-police-union-supports-boycott-of-tarantino-films/
    Los Angeles police union supports boycott of Tarantino films

LOS ANGELES -- The union representing Los Angeles Police Department officers is joining a call to boycott filmmaker Quentin Tarantino's movies.

Craig Lally, president of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, said Tuesday that the union fully supports boycotting Tarantino's movies, a suggestion first made by a police union official in New York.

The unions are upset about a Saturday protest of police brutality in New York. Tarantino was among the demonstrators, saying he's "on the side of the murdered," and "if you believe there's murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it."

Lally says Tarantino's comments were hateful and inflammatory rhetoric that encourages attacks on police and threatens public safety.

The director's comments also drew the ire of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch, who called for a boycott of Tarantino films, CBS New York reported.

"It's no surprise that someone who makes a living glorifying crime and violence is a cop-hater, too," Lynch said in a statement. "The police officers that Quentin Tarantino calls 'murderers' aren't living in one of his depraved big screen fantasies -- they're risking and sometimes sacrificing their lives to protect communities from real crime and mayhem. New Yorkers need to send a message to this purveyor of degeneracy that he has no business coming to our city to peddle his slanderous 'Cop Fiction.'"

Tarantino joined hundreds of demonstrators waving signs, shouting through megaphones and marching along the New York City streets on Saturday to protest police brutality.

The protest came at a time of heightened awareness across America of the oft-contentious relationship between police officers and the people they serve.

New York's mayor and police commissioner have said they're serious about enacting smart reforms to build trust between police and communities.

Current New York Police Commissioner Bill Bratton also criticized Tarantino for his comments.

"Shame on him, particularly at this time when we are grieving the murder of a New York City police officer," Bratton said Monday during an interview with John Gambling on WNYM-970 AM. "There are no words to describe the contempt I have for him and his comments."

Tarantino flew in from California for the event.

The group gathered Saturday in Manhattan's Greenwich Village neighborhood at Washington Square Park before marching about 2 miles along Sixth Avenue. The protesters walked past lines of police officers who had cordoned off a lane of traffic for them.

As they moved, those with megaphones shouted stories of the slain as others waved signs with photos of the dead, mostly young black men, and the dates and places of their deaths.

The event was the last of three demonstrations the group RiseUpOctober organized in New York this week. Speakers at the protest said they want to bring justice for people killed by police.

An attorney and an agent listed for Tarantino didn't immediately respond to messages for comment Tuesday.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing is it aint even blacks doing most of these cop killings its the white folks. so that just shows you that they will hate us no matter what
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    the thing is it aint even blacks doing most of these cop killings its the white folks. so that just shows you that they will hate us no matter what

I'd actually like to see a stat on that. Do you have something on Cop killers by race or anything?
  • stringer bell
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/Police-union-calls-for-boycott-of-anti-cop-filmmaker-.html
    Police union calls for boycott of "anti-cop" filmmaker

Philadelphia police union leaders jumped on the boycott bandwagon of filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, a few days after the New York and Los Angeles police unions announced a similar boycott, because Tarantino attended a rally against police brutality last weekend.

"Mr. Tarantino has made a good living through his films, projecting into society at large violence and respect for criminals; he, it turns out, also hates cops," read a statement from Philly's Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5, which has 14,000 members.

The FOP's board of directors met Tuesday and voted unanimously to boycott the screenwriter and director behind such popular but violent blockbusters as "Pulp Fiction," "? Bill," "Reservoir Dogs" and "Inglourious Basterds."
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These cops gonna ? around and have every theatre full of ? tryna see some Tarantino ?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hqdefault.jpg

Hmm, give me.....

Tarantino for Don Lemon
    Angelina Jolie for Raven Symone
    Tim Wise for Juan Williams
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Probably means nothing but QT uses the n-word when he's making apparences in his movies a little to ? nilly for my liking.

Why? it's a movie, and QT has always employs large numbers of Black actors, and made powerful roles for them. I mean what would S. Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction be life if he was censored? or Jackie brown, or Django?

I dig that and as a writer myself I'd never say he shouldn't use the word but fam, in Reservoir Dogs its so random and unnecessary. Same with the 'dead ? storage'. As dope as QT is, that ? just screamed of some loser white kid who was into black ? and got picked on in school. Probably wouldn't be in the movie if he wasn't playin' the role himself.

But anyway, dope ? from QT and he is def a GOAT
  • stringer bell
    http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2015/10/nj_police_join_call_to_boycott_quentin_tarantino_m.html
    N.J. police join call to boycott Quentin Tarantino movies

The New Jersey State PBA has joined police departments in New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles in calling for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino's films.

"Mr. Tarantino should be mindful of the potential dangers that can result from the dangerous rhetoric once it is ingrained in the mind of a person who is willing to harm an officer," New Jersey PBA President Pat Colligan said in a statement Wednesday night.

Last week, Tarantino participated in an anti-police brutality rally in New York City.

"When I see murders, I do not stand by, I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers," Tarantino told a crowd of protesters, according to news reports.

Tarantino is a film director, producer and screenwriter known for his violent and ? American crime dramas such as "Pulp Fiction," "Reservoir Dogs" and "Django Unchained."

In response to the police boycotts, Cornel West, a professor emeritus at Princeton University and one of the founders of #RiseUpOctober, the group that held the New York rally, said he didn't want the boycotts to distract from what the group was trying to accomplish.

#RiseUpOctober protests the deaths of "black and brown lives ... stolen by police." Specifically, the group is protesting the deaths of Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Aiyana Jones, Freddie Gray, Rekia Boyd, Andy Lopez and Tamir Rice at the hands of police.

"Can we keep the focus on what I, Brother Carl Dix, Brother Quentin Tarantino, Sister Eve Ensler, and THOUSANDS of others tried to do – a moral focus on the unnecessary deaths of those killed by police. Of course the killing of police is wrong but the killers do go to prison. Ought not policemen go to prison when they ? us?" West said in a statement.

The protest occurred days after a New York City police officer was shot and killed in the line of duty.

"Quentin Tarantino needs to understand that as a public figure his voice is one that people listen to," Colligan said. "He has an obligation to be more responsible. This is not a movie, this is real life where police officers lives are impacted by his words."

After the rally, the New York Patrolmen's Benevolent Association called on New Yorkers to boycott Quentin Tarantino movies. The union was soon joined by police unions in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.

The New Jersey State PBA has more than 32,000 members.

• ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quentin always was a wannabe at heart

20_tarantino_lgl.jpg
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    ? them pigs. More space at the theater for "Hateful 8" for me....

QT still that dude.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reservoir Dogs had the word ? in it 100 times...1 black man in the whole movie and he didn't say it at all. It wouldn't matter if he did but thats just perspective