SC pig flips over & then slams a young black girl in class for being "verbally disruptive"...

1192021222325»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://abc11.com/news/officials-student-tossed-from-desk-can-return-to-school/1064519/
    OFFICIALS: STUDENT TOSSED FROM DESK CAN RETURN TO SCHOOL

South Carolina school officials say a student flipped out of her desk and tossed across the classroom floor by a school resource officer and a second student who recorded the incident have been allowed to return to school.

In addition, spokeswoman Libby Roof of Richland School District 2 says a substitute is teaching the class at Spring Valley High School in Columbia and the administrator who called the officer into the classroom is on paid leave.

Authorities have said the 16-year-old was being disruptive in class Monday and wouldn't go to the office after she was caught using her phone in class.

Richland County Deputy Ben Fields was fired, and the U.S. Department of Justice has launched a civil rights investigation.

The two students face misdemeanor charges of disturbing schools.

Meanwhile, there's a petition on change.org calling for the resignation of the view co-host Raven-Symone. More than 130,000 signatures have been collected.

Symone sparked controversy when she partially defended the South Carolina deputy.

ABC released a statement over the weekend saying "we love Raven. She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel."

disturbing schools is a crime?

so shooting up a school should be an immediate death penalty, right?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Silly negros will find a reason to defend and rationalize ? .

1 black girl passively resists one cop and gets beat down. All over the news.

3-5000 white students form in the streets because their Halloween parties get broke up and no one gets beat down. Minimal to no news coverage. <.1% arrested.

Check the code in behaviors. The difference in how you react and how they react. How they react to you and how you react to them.

http://sfist.com/2015/11/01/berkeley_halloween_riots.php
    http://abc7news.com/news/police-investigating-after-thousands-riot-in-berkeley/1062482/ <-soft reporting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjqXxE_fG-8

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Bunch of black people can't even unanimously agree that a teenage girl sitting at a desk shouldn't be body slammed.

You think whites would have this same dissent if a white girl was wwf'd in a classroom by a black man?

Show me ten black people I'll show you 3 traitors to their own cause

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately this incident is not racial.

It is how ever indicative of a problem i have been talking about for a while.

Cops on steroids.

The worst part is how obvious it is that dude is on roids and how his leadership felt it appropriate to place him with kids.

So yeah... yall keep being distracted with in fighting and race baiting...

While they clean up the mess they made.

SMH a cop on steroids, busted raging the ? out and a inquiry aint being done into the Precinct cause yall blinded...by race.
    How can you so quickly say this? The cop has a racial history accusing black ppl of being gang members. He just unnecessarily body slammed a female black student. Yet its not about race? Really? Because we can't prove it? ? just say "we don't know" or "we can't prove there's a racial element". Dismissing race when there's a HISTORY of racism from police in a racist state like SC smells of denial

Even if the cop didn't have that history, a lot of the time when ? like this happens the incident itself isn't racial. It's the handling of it afterward that makes it so. Had this cop been fired on sight like he shoulda been (despite him having a history of being rough with kids) nobody woulda had a problem. But the fact is that when something happens to a black victim, nothing happens to the perpetrator and/or the court of (white) public opinion always finds a way to degrade and disrespect the victim. And then we (blacks) have to beg, plea, sign petitions, make gofundme pages, tear the damn city up, march, go to town hall meetings and ? just to get somebody rightfully fired.
    I agree. But I still don't see white kids treated like animals. Show me a video where a blonde haired skinny white girl gets thrown around a classroom. Just one. Its a race issue because we're the only ones getting treated as subhuman. Then fuckery after the fact is another story smh
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator

Cops on steroids.

The worst part is how obvious it is that dude is on roids and how his leadership felt it appropriate to place him with kids.

SMH a cop on steroids, busted raging the ? out and a inquiry aint being done into the Precinct cause yall blinded...by race.
    How can you so quickly say this? The cop has a racial history accusing black ppl of being gang members. He just unnecessarily body slammed a female black student. Yet its not about race? Really? Because we can't prove it? ? just say "we don't know" or "we can't prove there's a racial element". Dismissing race when there's a HISTORY of racism from police in a racist state like SC smells of denial

Even if the cop didn't have that history, a lot of the time when ? like this happens the incident itself isn't racial. It's the handling of it afterward that makes it so. Had this cop been fired on sight like he shoulda been (despite him having a history of being rough with kids) nobody woulda had a problem. But the fact is that when something happens to a black victim, nothing happens to the perpetrator and/or the court of (white) public opinion always finds a way to degrade and disrespect the victim. And then we (blacks) have to beg, plea, sign petitions, make gofundme pages, tear the damn city up, march, go to town hall meetings and ? just to get somebody rightfully fired.
    I agree. But I still don't see white kids treated like animals. Show me a video where a blonde haired skinny white girl gets thrown around a classroom. Just one. Its a race issue because we're the only ones getting treated as subhuman. Then fuckery after the fact is another story smh

I mean dude had a rep among the school that he was rough. Probly not to this degree but who knows this is the only one recorded...but I'm sure he scuffed up some white kids in there too. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. That alone shoulda got somebody's attention that being named "officer slam" isn't the right dude to have around kids.

But then again nobody listens to black and brown people so i can see why complaints against him didn't go anywhere if he was just acting that way towards us.

But the point is if people see there's consequences for their actions regardless of what color their victim is they might not do ? like this cuz they know they ain't getting away with it. With us it's easy for ? to take their chances smh
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

Cops on steroids.

this.

Its always a race issue. The (roid?) rage displayed by that pig had Everything to do with the color of that girls skin.

Anybody saying otherwise is Wrong.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Students Protest Firing Of Spring Valley High School Officer
    Deputy Ben Fields was fired this week for violently arresting a black 16-year-old student
    2 hours ago
    Daniel Marans Reporter, The Huffington Post

Richland County Sheriff's Department via ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Students at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina, left their classes on Friday to protest the firing of Ben Fields, a former resource officer at the school.
    Fields, until recently a sheriff's deputy in Richland County, was let go on Wednesday after a video emerged of him violently removing a 16-year-old African-American student from her chair, slamming her to the ground and arresting her. The video sparked widespread outrage and multiple government investigations as to whether the incident constituted a civil rights violation.
    The local NBC affiliate WIS reported that hundreds of students participated in Friday's walkout at 10 a.m., before a school administrator told them to return to class.
    John Cassibry, a 17-year-old senior, posted a video of the demonstration and a confrontation with a school administrator.
    Advertisement

AdChoices
    "We've heard your voices. We appreciate you taking the time to do this," the school administrator said. "We always focus on teaching and learning. Let's head on back to class."
    Some of the students responded by yelling "Free Fields."

Cassibry, who participated in the protest, told The Huffington Post that while he did not agree with Fields' conduct in the student arrest, he also did not believe the officer deserved to be fired.
    "I believe it is important as a student to voice my opinion," Cassibry said. "My belief on Deputy Fields is just that -- I do believe he was too aggressive, but I do not believe it was any circumstance to lose his job, nor do I believe it was race-driven."
    Several of the students seen demonstrating in Cassibry's video are black. Cassibry estimated that black students accounted for a majority of the protesters on Friday....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5633a619e4b0631799123018?ir=Politics

Smh lol...guess they're entitled to have their own opinion

SMH..
    We're the only race that forgives everything and everybody..
    Can't even stay mad long enough to get the ball rolling on justice..
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »

Students Protest Firing Of Spring Valley High School Officer
    Deputy Ben Fields was fired this week for violently arresting a black 16-year-old student
    2 hours ago
    Daniel Marans Reporter, The Huffington Post

Richland County Sheriff's Department via ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Students at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina, left their classes on Friday to protest the firing of Ben Fields, a former resource officer at the school.
    Fields, until recently a sheriff's deputy in Richland County, was let go on Wednesday after a video emerged of him violently removing a 16-year-old African-American student from her chair, slamming her to the ground and arresting her. The video sparked widespread outrage and multiple government investigations as to whether the incident constituted a civil rights violation.
    The local NBC affiliate WIS reported that hundreds of students participated in Friday's walkout at 10 a.m., before a school administrator told them to return to class.
    John Cassibry, a 17-year-old senior, posted a video of the demonstration and a confrontation with a school administrator.
    Advertisement

AdChoices
    "We've heard your voices. We appreciate you taking the time to do this," the school administrator said. "We always focus on teaching and learning. Let's head on back to class."
    Some of the students responded by yelling "Free Fields."

Cassibry, who participated in the protest, told The Huffington Post that while he did not agree with Fields' conduct in the student arrest, he also did not believe the officer deserved to be fired.
    "I believe it is important as a student to voice my opinion," Cassibry said. "My belief on Deputy Fields is just that -- I do believe he was too aggressive, but I do not believe it was any circumstance to lose his job, nor do I believe it was race-driven."
    Several of the students seen demonstrating in Cassibry's video are black. Cassibry estimated that black students accounted for a majority of the protesters on Friday....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5633a619e4b0631799123018?ir=Politics

Smh lol...guess they're entitled to have their own opinion

SMH..
    We're the only race that forgives everything and everybody..
    Can't even stay mad long enough to get the ball rolling on justice..

i aint mad at you for saying this.

i forgive you.

no justice needed
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-south-carolina-police-idUSKCN1182SQ
    Ex-deputy in South Carolina spared charges after throwing student

A South Carolina prosecutor has decided against criminally charging a former sheriff's deputy who was caught on video flipping a black high school student out of her chair and throwing her across a classroom, local media reported on Friday.

Columbia, South Carolina-based television station WLTX reported Fifth District Solicitor Dan Johnson has also dismissed charges of disturbing school that had been brought against the student and another girl in the classroom who spoke out against the incident. The deputy, who is white, was fired last year.

An attorney for the deputy and another lawyer who represented the girl could not be reached for comment.

A video of the arrest in October 2015 at Spring Valley High School in Columbia quickly went viral, reigniting concerns that the proliferation of police in U.S. schools can criminalize behavior once handled more quietly by school officials.

Ben Fields, then a Richland County sheriff's deputy assigned to the school, could be seen in the video flipping the girl from her chair to the floor and hurtling her across a classroom before arresting her. Authorities said last year the girl had refused educators' orders to put away her phone and leave the class.

Johnson, in a letter to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, wrote there was not probable cause to charge Fields but that he did agree with the decision the local sheriff made to fire him two days after the incident, according to WLTX.

In deciding against bringing charges, Johnson cited Fields' perception of the situation with the student and her resistance to him, according to WLTX.

Johnson, like the student, is African-American.

A representative for the prosecutor could not be reached for comment.

Smh..

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh. But they wanted to throw the book at Adrian Peterson
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this protesting and these cops are still getting off. The people who need to care don't ? care. Somethings got to give man.. No snarky tweet is going to change what's going on out here
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No white feminist ever commented on this either..