SC pig flips over & then slams a young black girl in class for being "verbally disruptive"...

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Remember those black teachers in Atlanta who got sentenced to hard time for cheating on tests for their students?

Where was the white community at for them?

Also they're okay with not only a orphan girl getting thrown like a rag doll for having a cell phone but another student handcuffed and hauled off for talking back?

These black parents need to have a talk with their little sambos....then again they got it from somewhere.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen a video on FB. Black cop punches a white male student..

Guess what they're saying?

The white student didn't deserve that

The black cop is getting ?

Funny
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Seen a video on FB. Black cop punches a white male student..

Guess what they're saying?

The white student didn't deserve that

The black cop is getting ?

Funny

If you don't mind could you post the story or a link?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LPast wrote: »
    Great that he was fired. What he did was overboard.

If you were the officer, what would you have done?

Maybe pepper spray. I don't know why more cops don't use it, it's nonlethal and effective af
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She got fiddy racks for that.

Talk about a come up
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might have to do what China and Vietnam did to their ? .
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article41999796.html
    Leonard Pitts Jr.: It had nothing to do with race? Think again

It had nothing to do with race.

So said Sheriff Leon Lott, last week, in discussing a violent arrest by one of his officers, a white deputy named Ben Fields, of a black female student at Spring Valley High in Richland County, S.C. Fields, a school resource officer, was called in when the girl reportedly ignored a teacher’s instruction to stop using her cellphone and leave the classroom. He ended up overturning her desk and slinging her across the floor like a sandbag or a sack of dog food.

His actions, caught on cellphone video, have detonated social media, many observers expressing visceral fury over this treatment of a black child. But Lott, who later fired his deputy, said he doesn’t think Fields acted from racial prejudice because he has an African-American girlfriend.

It is a statement of earnest, staggering obtuseness that sheds no light on the officer’s overreaction, but reveals with stark clarity the simplistic way many of us perceive the all-American conundrum of race. Granted, it is not inconceivable a white girl could have been subjected to the same brutality in a similar situation. But it is a matter of statistical fact that it’s more likely to happen to a child of color.

Multiple studies have shown that those kids are subjected to harsher discipline in school than their white classmates. Indeed, numbers released last year by the federal government show that this begins in preschool where the “students” are little more than toddlers, yet black kids, who account for 18 percent of the population, get 42 percent of the suspensions.

Nothing to do with race?

The people who habitually say that operate under the misapprehension that racial bias requires intent or awareness and that it leaves obvious evidence of itself: a tendency toward racist comments, let’s say, or membership in the Ku Klux ? . In that worldview, racial bias is incompatible with having a black girlfriend.

But that worldview is naive. Bias is frequently subterranean, something you carry without meaning to or knowing you do. In a country that has used every outlet of media, religion, education, politics, law and science for over two centuries to drive home that black is threatening, black is inferior, black is bad, it is entirely possible Fields could have acted from unconscious racial bias and yet had a black girlfriend. For that matter, he could have acted from unconscious racial bias and had a black face; African-American people are no more immune to the drumbeat of negativity surrounding them than is anyone else.

So “nothing to do with race” is a reflexive copout many of us embrace against all reason because to do otherwise is to face a mirror whose reflection does not flatter. Which is why the usual suspects — Steve Doocy, Mark Fuhrman, Glenn Beck and etcetera — have attempted to fix the blame for what happened here on the girl.

Let’s be very clear in response. It doesn’t matter if she was disruptive. It doesn’t matter if she was disobedient. It doesn’t matter if she was disrespectful. Those things justify discipline, but they emphatically do not justify this child being lifted and flung by a grown man as if she were an inanimate object. If she were white, that would likely go without saying.

One is reminded of all the other African Americans we have seen in just the last few years brutalized and even killed for no good reason. One is reminded of Trayvon Martin and Walter Scott and Eric Garner and Charnesia Corley and Oscar Grant and Tamir Rice and Sean Bell and Levar Jones and more names than this column has space to hold, more blood than conscience can contain. And how many times have we been offered the same simplistic assurance in response?

This had nothing to do with race, they say.

Of course not. It never does.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

????????????????????????????????????????????? @Ajackson17
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Students Protest Firing Of Spring Valley High School Officer
    Deputy Ben Fields was fired this week for violently arresting a black 16-year-old student
    2 hours ago
    Daniel Marans Reporter, The Huffington Post

Richland County Sheriff's Department via ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Students at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina, left their classes on Friday to protest the firing of Ben Fields, a former resource officer at the school.
    Fields, until recently a sheriff's deputy in Richland County, was let go on Wednesday after a video emerged of him violently removing a 16-year-old African-American student from her chair, slamming her to the ground and arresting her. The video sparked widespread outrage and multiple government investigations as to whether the incident constituted a civil rights violation.
    The local NBC affiliate WIS reported that hundreds of students participated in Friday's walkout at 10 a.m., before a school administrator told them to return to class.
    John Cassibry, a 17-year-old senior, posted a video of the demonstration and a confrontation with a school administrator.
    Advertisement

AdChoices
    "We've heard your voices. We appreciate you taking the time to do this," the school administrator said. "We always focus on teaching and learning. Let's head on back to class."
    Some of the students responded by yelling "Free Fields."

Cassibry, who participated in the protest, told The Huffington Post that while he did not agree with Fields' conduct in the student arrest, he also did not believe the officer deserved to be fired.
    "I believe it is important as a student to voice my opinion," Cassibry said. "My belief on Deputy Fields is just that -- I do believe he was too aggressive, but I do not believe it was any circumstance to lose his job, nor do I believe it was race-driven."
    Several of the students seen demonstrating in Cassibry's video are black. Cassibry estimated that black students accounted for a majority of the protesters on Friday....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5633a619e4b0631799123018?ir=Politics

Smh lol...guess they're entitled to have their own opinion

that school is a damn ? factory.

ive been asking where they where producing these motherfuckas for fox news for ever now i got an answer
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    It was not a large amount of students from reports and other students are celebrating

1 black student showing up is shameful i saw a room full of black African American heads this ? is disgusting

• Ajackson17

Read what China did to the European supporters (who are chinese btw), they either left ship or canned. I don't approve of the second, but they need to jump ship and quit being the speakers of us as a whole. You don't speak for us and you can't get rid of history, cultural behavior, religious perspective, and the global "progress".

Ya'll should read Seshat Kemet book - Medieval upheaval - A catalogue of European evils

I ordered it and should be coming to my house soon and I listened to her interview on the Amen Ra Squad show and she used nothing, but European historians and esteemed professors who broke down their own history and showed that the same very evil things they done to themselves and done to others is still alive. You cannot support a barbarian culture without being barbaric or being a slave to a barbarian.
  • Ajackson17
    Read the comments on a simple video on Big Think with the so called Intellectuals on youtube and watch their viewership get real racists and idiotic. This video was about black people rethinking their lifestyle choices such as foods and working out and such.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

Read what China did to the European supporters (who are chinese btw), they either left ship or canned. I don't approve of the second, but they need to jump ship and quit being the speakers of us as a whole. You don't speak for us and you can't get rid of history, cultural behavior, religious perspective, and the global "progress".

Ya'll should read Seshat Kemet book - Medieval upheaval - A catalogue of European evils

I ordered it and should be coming to my house soon and I listened to her interview on the Amen Ra Squad show and she used nothing, but European historians and esteemed professors who broke down their own history and showed that the same very evil things they done to themselves and done to others is still alive. You cannot support a barbarian culture without being barbaric or being a slave to a barbarian.

i will order it an see if they have it on digital for kindle.

and where do i find this amen ra show?
  • Ajackson17

i will order it an see if they have it on digital for kindle.

and where do i find this amen ra show?

I usually listen to their recorded blog talk on youtube but they have one I can't remember but it's on past my bed time.

Good information and highly stressed the scientific methods and all of the squad has a lot of academic degrees. And good build with black folk and you'll get heated debate but it's all good.
  • Ajackson17
    I don't see a digital copy but I think there will be one soon.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately this incident is not racial.

It is how ever indicative of a problem i have been talking about for a while.

Cops on steroids.

The worst part is how obvious it is that dude is on roids and how his leadership felt it appropriate to place him with kids.

So yeah... yall keep being distracted with in fighting and race baiting...

While they clean up the mess they made.

SMH a cop on steroids, busted raging the ? out and a inquiry aint being done into the Precinct cause yall blinded...by race.
    How can you so quickly say this? The cop has a racial history accusing black ppl of being gang members. He just unnecessarily body slammed a female black student. Yet its not about race? Really? Because we can't prove it? ? just say "we don't know" or "we can't prove there's a racial element". Dismissing race when there's a HISTORY of racism from police in a racist state like SC smells of denial
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately this incident is not racial.

It is how ever indicative of a problem i have been talking about for a while.

Cops on steroids.

The worst part is how obvious it is that dude is on roids and how his leadership felt it appropriate to place him with kids.

So yeah... yall keep being distracted with in fighting and race baiting...

While they clean up the mess they made.

SMH a cop on steroids, busted raging the ? out and a inquiry aint being done into the Precinct cause yall blinded...by race.
    How can you so quickly say this? The cop has a racial history accusing black ppl of being gang members. He just unnecessarily body slammed a female black student. Yet its not about race? Really? Because we can't prove it? ? just say "we don't know" or "we can't prove there's a racial element". Dismissing race when there's a HISTORY of racism from police in a racist state like SC smells of denial

I agree 100%. Of course this is a race issue. America has a history of violence toward blacks. Even if the cop was black it would have been a race issue. Black kids are labeled as, thugs,and soon to be baby momma's. Black children have no redeemable qualities according to the majority of whites and now you have Black teachers who have been learned by whites to believe the same. Thus that ? assed teacher that stood idle while lil sis got her ass whipped.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a racial issue, but that might not be as big a component as people are making it seem. The school is around half black, so there is a large black population there. However, there is almost just as large a nonblack population, and this cop was known to be abusive across the board. So you can't really say race was a major factor here if he was Sergeant Slamming white, asian, and hispanic students too.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a racial issue, but that might not be as big a component as people are making it seem. The school is around half black, so there is a large black population there. However, there is almost just as large a nonblack population, and this cop was known to be abusive across the board. So you can't really say race was a major factor here if he was Sergeant Slamming white, asian, and hispanic students too.
    Until we see teenage white girls getting body slammed & flung around the floor in a classroom, then its a race issue. Ofcourse you'll never see this so there you go
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://abc11.com/news/officials-student-tossed-from-desk-can-return-to-school/1064519/
    OFFICIALS: STUDENT TOSSED FROM DESK CAN RETURN TO SCHOOL

South Carolina school officials say a student flipped out of her desk and tossed across the classroom floor by a school resource officer and a second student who recorded the incident have been allowed to return to school.

In addition, spokeswoman Libby Roof of Richland School District 2 says a substitute is teaching the class at Spring Valley High School in Columbia and the administrator who called the officer into the classroom is on paid leave.

Authorities have said the 16-year-old was being disruptive in class Monday and wouldn't go to the office after she was caught using her phone in class.

Richland County Deputy Ben Fields was fired, and the U.S. Department of Justice has launched a civil rights investigation.

The two students face misdemeanor charges of disturbing schools.

Meanwhile, there's a petition on change.org calling for the resignation of the view co-host Raven-Symone. More than 130,000 signatures have been collected.

Symone sparked controversy when she partially defended the South Carolina deputy.

ABC released a statement over the weekend saying "we love Raven. She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel."

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the problem.....

young black kids thinking things are cool and that the older generation is out of touch and that racism is dead because lil tommy is cool.

they haven't had a taste of the real world. and even when they do, they are looking to be accepted and not like those militant black folks so they begin to make excuses and give up their racial identity and dignity to appease those so called friends that will help oppress their kids and maybe even them in the future