LAPD Union Joins NYPD's In calling For Quentin Tarantino Boycott

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
protest.jpg

After Quentin Tarantino appeared at an anti-police brutality rally over the weekend, New York City’s police union called for a boycott of the director’s films. They got support from another giant metropolitan police union.

The Los Angeles Police Protective League released a statement Tuesday that also called for a boycott. “We fully support constructive dialogue about how police interact with citizens. But there is no place for inflammatory rhetoric that makes police officers even bigger targets than we already are,” Los Angeles Police Protective League president Craig Lally said. “Film director Quentin Tarantino took irresponsibility to a new and completely unacceptable level this past weekend by referring to police as murderers during an anti-police march in New York.”

“Hateful rhetoric dehumanizes police and encourages attacks on us,” Lally’s statement continues. “And questioning everything we do threatens public safety by discouraging officers from putting themselves in positions where their legitimate actions could be falsely portrayed as thuggery.”

Tarantino flew to New York for Saturday’s rally. “I’m a human being with a conscience,” he said at the event. “If you believe there’s murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I’m here to say I’m on the side of the murdered.”

The rally took place just days after police officer Randolph Holder was shot and killed in the line of duty. The day following the march, New York’s Police Benevolent Association president Patrick J. Lynch said: “It’s no surprise that someone who makes a living glorifying crime and violence is a cop-hater, too.”

Comments