Options

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    @gns Don't you see the irony in criticizing him for mocking black people yet you're calling him a '? '?

No i dont break it down for me blood.

Oh, ? . Ha ha. Didn't expect to be called out. Well, uh, you're contradicting yourself. You can't say he's wrong to mock an entire group of people when you're doing the same thing.

U didnt expect to be called out after calling me out......odd.
    How am i mocking an entire group of people by calling one white man a cracka?
    @ubuntu1
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How would he be mocking an entire group of people by calling one black man a ? ?
    @gns
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How would he be mocking an entire group of people by calling one black man a ? ?
    @gns

@Ubuntu1
    [img]http://img.pandawhale.com/post-53388-bad-santa-what-the-? -no-gif-9u6s.gif[/img]
    Are u ? with me right now?
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gns

b543bf3b1bbd372664027f6afc46a3172493c07052eb9b4810fdc0db184fc7fc.jpg
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    953_zps8y5pdypv.gif

No way in hell should this be excusable smh.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every year fam. Whys it always black people as well. All the time. Also, these ? ' wack apologies ? me off with their 'i dont see colour' and their 'error in judgement'
  • Ubuntu1
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    @gns

@Ubuntu1
    [img]http://img.pandawhale.com/post-53388-bad-santa-what-the-? -no-gif-9u6s.gif[/img]
    Are u ? with me right now?

No.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Monk is half white... so are his opinions and viewpoints
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I believe Monk is half white... so are his opinions and viewpoints

lol That was funny.

Hey, anyone that disagrees with can feel free to tell me where I'm wrong. And "But history..." is not an argument.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gns
    So you think the word ? & cracka compare?
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black college students should throw "White Stereotype" parties, dress up as pedophiles, goths who think they're non conformists, hillbillies, kkk members. while wearing white powder makeup, lets see how that would be received.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    @Kai quit being a baby. If you don't like what I'm saying, put me on ignore. Stop burying my posts.
  • Ubuntu1
    Options
    @gns
    So you think the word ? & cracka compare?

I think the intention to insult someone or express disrespect is comparable.

Words are just words. 'Loser' can be more malicious than '? ' depending on circumstance.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I see some ? in blackface when I take my kids out Saturday, It's a quick HBK Sweet Chin Music to the dome.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kai quit being a baby. If you don't like what I'm saying, put me on ignore. Stop burying my posts.

Why was it necessary to paint his face, the sign would have sufficed ... even in blk face no one knew who the ? he was dressed up as anyways hence the sign

Given the history of blk face in this country and the recent controversy involving other white students dressed in blk face, why do something that could easily be so misconstrued?

Could it be that he is an insensitive ? who is now copping pleas?

Doesn't appear to be deaf or blind, so at the very least he's dumb

Can we at least all agree on that?

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

Why was it necessary to paint his face, the sign would have sufficed ... even in blk face no one knew who the ? he was dressed up as anyways hence the sign

Given the history of blk face in this country and the recent controversy involving other white students dressed in blk face, why do something that could easily be so misconstrued?

Could it be that he is an insensitive ? who is now copping pleas?

Doesn't appear to be deaf or blind, so at the very least he's dumb

Can we at least all agree on that?

Cosign everything you said.

I didn't say the dude wasn't stupid. I just said dressing up as Kanye is no the same as this ? :

black_face.jpg

That's real black face. Even the people who don't have any paint on at all are essentially participating in black face. That ? is racist as ? and deserved every bit of hate it generated.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the problem with white folks dressing up in black-face (or how it's affectionately worded as "Cultural Appropriation now.)

I grew up watching cartoons (Legion of Superheros) whenever a superhero & a villain fought, the winner would usually inherent the defeated person's powers. In other words, to the victor go the spoils.

In my opinion, that premise has been used by white people throughout history whenever they conquer someone.

Take the image of the Cleveland Indians mascot, or the image on the Washington Redskins helmet. It connotes ownership by way of conquering, therefore you can use their image whenever, and how ever you like.

They have used our image to push cultural narratives and popular myths to our detriment. The Aunt Jemima pancake lady, the Uncle Ben's rice dude, both smiling and tomming.

All this conjures up images of slavery when they took our names (and gave us there's, again to connote ownership) our culture, and ? .

So yeah, dressing up in black-face is not cool, especially to those who have a proper knowledge of self.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    LL

You know this dude was the type of teacher who thought he was cooler than he was because he listened to rap every once in a while.

Smash on the wife
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the problem with white folks dressing up in black-face (or how it's affectionately worded as "Cultural Appropriation now.)

I grew up watching cartoons (Legion of Superheros) whenever a superhero & a villain fought, the winner would usually inherent the defeated person's powers. In other words, to the victor go the spoils.

In my opinion, that premise has been used by white people throughout history whenever they conquer someone.

Take the image of the Cleveland Indians mascot, or the image on the Washington Redskins helmet. It connotes ownership by way of conquering, therefore you can use their image whenever, and how ever you like.

They have used our image to push cultural narratives and popular myths to our detriment. The Aunt Jemima pancake lady, the Uncle Ben's rice dude, both smiling and tomming.

All this conjures up images of slavery when they took our names (and gave us there's, again to connote ownership) our culture, and ? .

So yeah, dressing up in black-face is not cool, especially to those who have a proper knowledge of self.

whoa buddy... i was with you for a minute there but why you gotta slander uncle ben? sure aunt jemima had a questionable past but uncle ben always carried himself with poise and dignity.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    @Copper What did you disagree with from my last post. I'm really trying to understand you guys' stance on this.

You honestly think dressing up as a particular black person is the same thing as pretending to be black people by wearing a bunch of stereotypical clothes and accessories?

Would it have been ok, if he didn't paint himself? Is that the only thing you guys find fault with or is him even attempting to portray a black person for Halloween offensive to you? I agree that he was stupid for this because he should have known there would be people who'd be offended, but I don't see why you guys look at this as the same thing as something clearly different. Am I missing something from the story?
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    If I see some ? in blackface when I take my kids out Saturday, It's a quick HBK Sweet Chin Music to the dome.

ce9fa4b184d27955a49593dda774a72c50da6341f77c7208fc8453ae190128f7.jpg
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Copper What did you disagree with from my last post. I'm really trying to understand you guys' stance on this.

You honestly think dressing up as a particular black person is the same thing as pretending to be black people by wearing a bunch of stereotypical clothes and accessories?

Would it have been ok, if he didn't paint himself? Is that the only thing you guys find fault with or is him even attempting to portray a black person for Halloween offensive to you? I agree that he was stupid for this because he should have known there would be people who'd be offended, but I don't see why you guys look at this as the same thing as something clearly different. Am I missing something from the story?

the black paint is what is offensive to me personally. i cant speak for anyone else. he could easily wear things attributable to kanye and people would recognize it, without alluding to the centuries of caricature and bigotry with the face paint. and i promise you, he knows exactly what he is doing, and is more than likely mocking black people in the process. stop feigning ignorance for the white.

You're acting like you're ignorant of the historical precedence.

he doesnt have to paint on big red lips to make it black face bruh.

being mad at us for being offended is like posting pictures of people rocking a ? uniform on a jewish forum. its not going to end well.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder....if I put on whiteface and dressed up as Ronald Reagan, how would these saltines act?