Black man brags to Facebook about not getting killed by police

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wish harm on anyone, but......I wouldn't mind if this dude ran into some shady cops soon. Would be poetic justice.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread is why we need the WTF button back
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which one of you nignogs would cash in on the sensibilities of the #bluelivesmatter #alllivesmatter demographic?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    it's all in perspective... Top story, police not killing a black man beat out the presidential debate last night. One happens every 4 years, the other is more rare, i guess,

Top story? Its being covered more than the debates?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

The schuckin & jivin tour continues.. I wonder if they took him to their favorite donut spot afterwards...

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/30395770/tucson-man-thanks-tpd-officers-after-traffic-stop
    Tucson man thanks TPD officers after traffic stop

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
    The Tucson man who praised police for their professionalism during a traffic stop got to meet them for the second time on Friday, Oct. 30.

"I wanted to be able to shake their hands and say thank you," Steven Hildreth Jr. said.

Hildreth was again face-to-face with both Tucson police officers - this time at TPD headquarters.

He did indeed get to shake their hands, and was able to tell them their conduct was commendable.

"People want to hear the good stories. They don't want to just hear the bad, they want to hear the good. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who wants to hear the good. Especially when it pertains to law enforcement," Hildreth said.

The post has so far gotten more than 20 million views and at least half a million "likes" on Facebook. It described a traffic stop in which two officers pulled him over for a broken headlight on Kolb Road near 22nd Street.

Hildreth, who is a member of the National Guard, was armed as a concealed carry permit holder.

"I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped," Hildreth wrote. "According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to ? minorities."

Officer Rafael Rodriguez, a four-year TPD veteran, and Officer Anthony Ammon, who has been with TPD for one year, both said they were simply doing their day-to-day job.

"We were conducting a regular traffic stop and after the traffic stop was done, we were informed it was a total of six minutes of interaction. We moved on to our next call. We put that in the past. We didn't expect a thanks, we didn't expect it would blow up into anything big," Ammon said. "He was a black man wearing a hoodie that was strapped, according to his post. That resonated with people."

In turn, both officers said it helped that Hildreth was cooperative.

"He told me he was armed. After explaining to him I have to remove that weapon, he was totally cooperative and agreed to that. So it makes our job a lot easier. It de-escalates the situation and it just goes to show that not all police contact has to be negative."

Hildreth said he hope his post recognizes the tough job that law enforcement faces each day.

"It's more a pat on the back not just for the stop but for everything they do," Hildreth said.

I wonder if he sang for them too on some "swing low sweet chariot" type ? ...
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Well...I mean...in 2015 a black man NOT getting shot by the police is something to brag about. *shrugs* Maybe not from the angle that this guy took. But let's not act like its not an amazing feat to have a run in with law enforcement and walk away from it un-murdered.

Bruuu no just no
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading comprehension...
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

The schuckin & jivin tour continues.. I wonder if they took him to their favorite donut spot afterwards...

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/30395770/tucson-man-thanks-tpd-officers-after-traffic-stop
    Tucson man thanks TPD officers after traffic stop

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
    The Tucson man who praised police for their professionalism during a traffic stop got to meet them for the second time on Friday, Oct. 30.

"I wanted to be able to shake their hands and say thank you," Steven Hildreth Jr. said.

Hildreth was again face-to-face with both Tucson police officers - this time at TPD headquarters.

He did indeed get to shake their hands, and was able to tell them their conduct was commendable.

"People want to hear the good stories. They don't want to just hear the bad, they want to hear the good. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who wants to hear the good. Especially when it pertains to law enforcement," Hildreth said.

The post has so far gotten more than 20 million views and at least half a million "likes" on Facebook. It described a traffic stop in which two officers pulled him over for a broken headlight on Kolb Road near 22nd Street.

Hildreth, who is a member of the National Guard, was armed as a concealed carry permit holder.

"I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped," Hildreth wrote. "According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to ? minorities."

Officer Rafael Rodriguez, a four-year TPD veteran, and Officer Anthony Ammon, who has been with TPD for one year, both said they were simply doing their day-to-day job.

"We were conducting a regular traffic stop and after the traffic stop was done, we were informed it was a total of six minutes of interaction. We moved on to our next call. We put that in the past. We didn't expect a thanks, we didn't expect it would blow up into anything big," Ammon said. "He was a black man wearing a hoodie that was strapped, according to his post. That resonated with people."

In turn, both officers said it helped that Hildreth was cooperative.

"He told me he was armed. After explaining to him I have to remove that weapon, he was totally cooperative and agreed to that. So it makes our job a lot easier. It de-escalates the situation and it just goes to show that not all police contact has to be negative."

Hildreth said he hope his post recognizes the tough job that law enforcement faces each day.

"It's more a pat on the back not just for the stop but for everything they do," Hildreth said.

I wonder if he sang for them too on some "swing low sweet chariot" type ? ...

Right, probably shined their shoes at the same time, 'ol ? -ass ? .
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When he gets that wake-up call he better not look for us for backup.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude has #bluelivesmatters all on his fb .....smh
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand. There has to be something terribly wrong In america to be praised for doing your job correctly as a cop.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is utterly disgusting
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at not being able to ask why they stopped you or "disrespect " as whites call it. I ? PAY FOR THEIR SALARY. If o go to a restaurant and the food is ? and half cooked I'm not just gonna sit there with a ? smile on ny face
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I've seen this shared on FB several times..just rolled my eyes and kept scrolling.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know it's a problem, when the cops don't beat or ? someone during a traffic stop and it get this much attention.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mane, I got a coworker I work w/ right now who sounds just like some of the people in this video.....

He was talking to another white coworker and gonna say junk like "since there is Black History month, shouldn't there be a White History month" (the BET ref.). Another display of stupidity is when he got into a heated argument w/ another coworker (black guy) about the Trayvon situation. Basically saying he deserved it because Trayvon put his hands on George. On top of that, he was arguing in the dining facility in front of a full bird commander who oversees a lot of operations every day. Could've easily got him fired the way that conversation got out of hand.....
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand. There has to be something terribly wrong In america to be praised for doing your job correctly as a cop.

Exactly.