Options
    Floyd Mayweather
    TBE
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tom Brady
    -The cheating scandal derailed Tiger from passing Nichlaus when it loked like he would shatter that before

-Bron only 2 titles, i think a 3rd would give it to him

-lmFao @ picking kobe when Shaq is arguably ahead of him. No other athlete on that list is matched by their generation peers. Meanwhile Kobe for half his career wasnt even the best player on his own TEAM

-Tom Brady has 4 rings, inches from a 5th, and sad to say after this year it could reach the point of being no debate.

If Tom Brady wins a super Bowl this year he is the greatest football player ever

I have never liked him or the Pats but if you dont acknowledge that you're biased. Hed be Montana with Marinos stats... and Mike Jordan's relatively no-name supporting cast lol It'd be no question
  • Mumo wa MauMau
    Mumo wa MauMau Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan

Brady

Cristiano Ronaldo

Messi

Serena Williams

Floyd

Bron

Close thread
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serena Williams
    i gotta go with Serena

she dominates a individual sport and has longevity over tiger
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Bonds
    21st Century to date: Barry Bonds.

4 MVPs in a row. 2 Time MLB Player of the Year. 2 Batting titles. 6 All Star Games. 5 Silver Sluggers. 3 Hank Aaron Awards. Became Baseball's only 500 HR/ 500 Steal man (still the only 400 HR/ 400 Steal man).

Oh, and that little title of Home Run King. All of this from 2000-2007.

And bringing in steroids to the conversation is irrelevant and pure ignorance.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd Mayweather
    Money Team
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serena Williams
    21st Century to date: Barry Bonds.

4 MVPs in a row. 2 Time MLB Player of the Year. 2 Batting titles. 6 All Star Games. 5 Silver Sluggers. 3 Hank Aaron Awards. Became Baseball's only 500 HR/ 500 Steal man (still the only 400 HR/ 400 Steal man).

Oh, and that little title of Home Run King. All of this from 2000-2007.

And bringing in steroids to the conversation is irrelevant and pure ignorance.

Cosign. I'm sure he's not the only MLB player on roids.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron James
    Bonds was that ?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron James
    LeBron the only one on that list that could probably be at least moderately successful at all those sports represented
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd Mayweather
    49-0 my ? .
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta lot of nerve not putting my name on this poll brotha...I may not be known but I'm a beast
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd Mayweather
    Bron, Money and Serena
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd Mayweather
    No Steph Curry? Lol
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd Mayweather
    Messi should be on here
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO if you going to put Barry Bonds and Roy Jones up there then Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders should've been options as well.

Based on the list I would have to go with either Serena Williams or LeBron James can't decide.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Serena Williams
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    IMO if you going to put Barry Bonds and Roy Jones up there then Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders should've been options as well.

Based on the list I would have to go with either Serena Williams or LeBron James can't decide.

Nonsense.

Roy Jones became the Heavyweight champion in 2003. He moved up from Welterweight. Granted he lost a gang of fights at the end of his career but he's the only boxer to move up from welterweight and become the Heavyweight champ.

And Barry Bonds broke the home run record in the 21st Century so his name belongs up there.

Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders didn't even play in this decade.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Bonds
    5 Grand wrote: »

Nonsense.

Roy Jones became the Heavyweight champion in 2003. He moved up from Welterweight. Granted he lost a gang of fights at the end of his career but he's the only boxer to move up from welterweight and become the Heavyweight champ.

And Barry Bonds broke the home run record in the 21st Century so his name belongs up there.

Some people just don't read too well.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Nonsense.

Roy Jones was never a welterweight.

I'll correct myself about Bo Jackson he retired well before then so it was right not to have him on the list.

Please explain to me what Deion Sanders not playing in this decade have to with being the greatest of the 21st century? Do you even know what years the 21st century covers?

My comment wasn't a knock on Bonds or Jones being on the list it was thing about ages and Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders being their peers same era type ? .
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Serena Williams
    Make your own damn poll
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serena Williams
    Serena

She's been consistently dominant.
    Plays a solo sport so doesn't have teammates to bail her out.
    And can't pick and choose her opponents.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    LeBron James
    When I hear the words great athlete, I think of physical traits.

That's why I voted for LBJ
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lionel Messi - the guy is a freak. Some people have to work their ? off to be as good as they are, but with this guy a lot is down to ? given talent.

I was lucky enough to be around to see Zizou at his best, I never thought I'd see anybody better than him. Dare I say it, he may well be the greatest footballer to ever do it.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was watching the Patriots game last night before I made this poll.

Tom Brady is clearly and unquestionably the best quarterback in the 21st Century. But does that transcend other sports?

How do you compare his six super bowl appearances and 4 rings to Serena Williams? I'm pretty sure she has more than 4 titles, but tennis and football aren't organized the same way.

IMO his 4 titles compare to Serena's 21/22 majors or Tiger's 14 majors cuz golf and tennis they basically have 4 Superbowls every year while the NFL/NBA/MLB only have one each year. So going to 6 and winning 4 is comparable in my eyes. Plus the NFL playoffs is the pro sport that's one-and-done.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I'm surprised Tom Brady didn't get one vote.

He's unathletic.

And if your talking about winning he don't play defense and it's takes a totally team effort to win in football. It's 21 other starters on a football team

And it doesn't in basketball? I've yet to see a one man team win a NBA title.

And that whole he don't play defense is such ? . So if you don't play both sides of the field you cant be one of the best athletes. So I guess it's ? Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Lawrence Taylor,Deion Sanders, Barry Sanders, Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Make your own damn poll

Only when you learn what years the 21st century covers!