Petition To Have Don Lemon Taken Off The Air

skpjr78
skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since the tragic incident of Trayvon Martin in 2012, CNN anchor Don Lemon has consistently antagonized and defamed the characteristics of African-Americans on the national scale in his mass communications. From the holding of the 'N' word sign before the national audience to disrespecting the Mayor of Baltimore to his most recent comments of the unfortunate incident where a student was removed from her chair like a rag-doll by a police officer, Mr. Lemon has avoided the chance to state the obvious: the challenges that face African-Americans are real and that solutions need to be found.

Mr. Lemon and I have some things in common -- we are both African-American men who graduated from Brooklyn College and care deeply about public affairs. I know that for his field, it wasn't easy to get his name out there, but that he worked hard every day to get to where he is at right now. But what concerns me is that Lemon has repeatedly failed to fulfill his responsibility to remain objective and unbiased in his work. As a news anchor, Mr. Lemon’s job is to present the facts to the public, but time and time again, he has presented his opinion as fact—even when that opinion is contradicted by reality and common sense. That’s unacceptable for a journalist.

I’m disappointed that someone I used to look up to now is someone that I have trouble respecting as a journalist. Please join me in calling on CNN to remove Mr. Lemon from his role at the network.

Mr. Lemon has failed his responsibility because he seems to forget the true essence of journalism: to call the news how you see it and not judge, defame or antagonize. We, the people, want a journalist and an anchor that will not be afraid to accept the facts that are occurring within the African-American community and who will encourage our people the same way that person will encourage others across the board. We, the people, have no confidence in Mr. Lemon's ability to do that. Therefore, we are asking CNN to remove him from his position.

Please sign this petition if you agree.

https://www.change.org/p/cnn-remove-don-lemon-from-cnn-2?recruiter=3288497&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg

Don-Lemon.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
don_lemon.jpg?a5de54
BRbWi2ACcAAjUPF.jpg

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Enough black people out of work. You don't like him then don't watch his show or give him any buzz. I don't like the ? therefore I ignore him. Why would you want to make a martyr of him anyway? ? backwards you just give him more ammo. CNN will fire him on their own when his show isn't doing well.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited October 2015
    I mean....let's not act like the majority of the channel ain't on the same ? as him tho
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the last time an online petition actually worked?

It doesn't. Only way cnn firing him is if he ? with their bottom line.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy the ? he has been saying has got him his own show .
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cnn would just find another ? to replace him. ..petition aint gone do ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Cnn would just find another ? to replace him. ..petition aint gone do ?
    Signing the petition and Boycotting the network will wrk.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only giving him more 'power'

You truly defeat a person of this caliber by ignoring them
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i signed it ? his ? ass
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed it. ? him and everybody that love him
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aint signing that ? ..

Dont lemon ca go kick rocks though
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    When is the last time an online petition actually worked?

It doesn't. Only way cnn firing him is if he ? with their bottom line.

Or he over steps his boundaries by saying derogatory comments about Jews.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg

Yo what on earth was this about?
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People really think 35,000 signatures are gonna get his ass off the air? Nope. Plus, even if it did, he'd probably have a new job at Faux News within a week anyway.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    What about Hannity, Megyn Kelly, Bill O'reilly, Larry Elder, Juan Williams, etc.? Stop paying attention to these people. Parse the net for better news sources. ? mainstream media.

never seen this before. Thanks for my word of the day
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    Nah. Enough black people out of work. You don't like him then don't watch his show or give him any buzz. I don't like the ? therefore I ignore him. Why would you want to make a martyr of him anyway? ? backwards you just give him more ammo. CNN will fire him on their own when his show isn't doing well.

If people don't watch his show then he will be out of work though. You just choosing the passive aggressive route to make him lose his job