Sandra Bullock To Lead All-Female Ocean’s Eleven Remake

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sandra Bullock looks set to star in an all-female remake of heist movie Ocean’s Eleven.

The Oscar winning star of The Blind Side is said to be involved in the project which will have George Clooney on board as producer, according to The Playlist.

Bullock and Clooney co-starred in Gravity and have just worked together again on political satire Our Brand Is Crisis in which Bullock took a role originally written for Clooney.

The new Ocean’s Eleven film is expected to be helmed by The Hunger Games’ director Gary Ross and also has the backing of the 2001-2007 trilogy’s director Steven Soderbergh whose iteration was based on the 1960 conman caper.

Clooney played dapper Danny Ocean in the earlier version alongside Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts.

An all-female Ocean’s Eleven would follow the trend set by an upcoming remake of Ghostbusters starring Kristen Wiig and her Bridesmaids co-star Melissa McCarthy alongside and ensemble cast of leading women.

Bullock and Clooney have both spoken recently about casting the former in Our Brand Is Crisis in a role originally written for a man.

“Initially, it was written with George Clooney in mind,” she told Entertainment Weekly in August.

“About two-and-a-half years ago, I just put out the feelers saying, 'I'm not reading anything I'm excited about. Are there any male roles out there that they don't mind switching to a female role...?' You don't get to read roles like this [in Our Brand is Crisis] a lot. There's a lot of unforgivable things that she does, yet somehow you have to cheer for her.”

Comments