Was Fat Joe ever the king of New York???

Comments

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    NAH, BUT HE'S UNDERRATED...
    HIS VERSE ON FIREWATER IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE VERSES OF ALL TIME
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Who said yes?!?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fat joe was a good all around rapper who was affiliated with slightly overrated legends that hip hop heads are in love with, but king? ? no, he never really had that much impact commercially either. imo jada has a more solid claim to top 5 dead or alive than joe ever would to king
    5. Most importantly, he has multiple gold and platinum albums...

No he doesn't, he only has 1 gold album and 1 plat album out of 10 albums

JOSE was multi plat... MULTI Platinum... As a solo artist he has sold over 3million records in his career...

so basically jose sold all 3 million?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Since Biggie's death

Big
    X
    Jay
    Jay & nas
    Jay

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    He's definitely underrated though.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't get 5 seconds for lean back nah?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • water ur seeds
    edited November 2015
    NO
    fat joe was a good all around rapper who was affiliated with slightly overrated legends that hip hop heads are in love with, but king? ? no, he never really had that much impact commercially either. imo jada has a more solid claim to top 5 dead or alive than joe ever would to king
    5. Most importantly, he has multiple gold and platinum albums...

No he doesn't, he only has 1 gold album and 1 plat album out of 10 albums

JOSE was multi plat... MULTI Platinum... As a solo artist he has sold over 3million records in his career...

so basically jose sold all 3 million?

No one was saying he was top5 doa, it was a was he holding the crown for a moment in time... Another online source says Joe has sold over 4million records, so I dont think anyone knows his sales...
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Cot damn at nobody voting yes

Waterurseeds voted No and he's in here arguing for Joe, LOL

Haha yeah like I said I dont think he ever was, but he was commercially popping at one point (before the 50 beef) so thought it was worth discussing...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he wasnt even close
  • water ur seeds
    NO
    Shout out to @_? _ for voting yes, you got that Terror Squad chain and tattoo fam???
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thing about the King of New York was just to sell magizines, I never remember that being a thing until that Source cover. No doubt BIG was the man but it was a lot of great rap in NY at the time to, it seems that it's revisionist history to think there ever was one guy lording over the game like that.

It's hard for me to flat out say he was not the King of New York but I think that's because it has been said so much it became fact. The whole idea of a KONY just never seemed right to me especially back then.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    NY has 9 kings and they all in the WU
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    white715 wrote: »
    This whole thing about the King of New York was just to sell magizines, I never remember that being a thing until that Source cover. No doubt BIG was the man but it was a lot of great rap in NY at the time to, it seems that it's revisionist history to think there ever was one guy lording over the game like that.

It's hard for me to flat out say he was not the King of New York but I think that's because it has been said so much it became fact. The whole idea of a KONY just never seemed right to me especially back then.

This right here, no rapper has ever been the best, to much great music to say that about anybody, and even the so called greats made some wack ass songs
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I respect Fat Joe and as someone who lives in the Bronx, I have heard stories about him being a real dude. But he has never been the KONY, at any time. The only rappers who ever got that title and deserved it are Biggie, Jay-Z, and 50. Maybe LL Cool J at one point but I never heard anyone call LL that.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Beta wrote: »
    48-0

64 to 1 now lol.....never seen a poll so one sided before, in any website....
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I respect Fat Joe and as someone who lives in the Bronx, I have heard stories about him being a real dude. But he has never been the KONY, at any time. The only rappers who ever got that title and deserved it are Biggie, Jay-Z, and 50. Maybe LL Cool J at one point but I never heard anyone call LL that.

No NaS at one point? C'mon bruh...
  • water ur seeds
    edited November 2015
    NO

I can agree with that, I think LL did have the crown for awhile too... Caz started off the OG king imo, Rakim & BDK battled it out for a while, G Rap must of been in for a shout at it too, G Rap is in my top 5 all day long but with so much talent around in the 80s its hard for anyone to really be the only K.O.N.Y...
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT MC >>> KONY
    Being the greatest is timeless while, according to the IC, the KONY title can change on a year basis, anyway. There was always someone better than Joe, even in his camp
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Just go to the Bronx and ask if Joe is not that ? .
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Just go to the Bronx and ask if Joe is not that ? .

Thread is not about been that ? my ? .....
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    73-3? That's a college football score.

And smh at voting yes, but not posting to state why. Those ? should get a wack on they next post on gp.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Yes Joe for a while was the king of NY.? ? had numerous jams and was put on by KRS-1