What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Trendz of Culture....Valley of tha Skinz

blatalianblatalian I B Dat...Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in The Reason

Traded one of my niggaz Das Efx 1st album for this album when I was younger lol...used to love this track...I still watch tha video regularly...
skpjr78

Replies

• PapaDoc223PapaDoc223 Brooklyn,NYPosts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did a track with Method man before he was in Wutang called "Who got my back." Shit is dope. What ever happened to Trendz of Culture? They just did one album.

Black%2BMoon%2B-%2BEnta%2BDa%2BStage%2B-%2B1993%2B-%2BNY.jpg

11247116_1589911341287396_1858971814_n.jpg
    1_zpsakdv1ju8.jpg
    "I'm from Brooklyn, a place where stars are born
    Streets are shot up, apartment buildings are torn."
    -Gza

"We gotta mob, but it takes dough to make bread
    We workin wit cement try to make bricks."
    -Steele

"We got the Bucktown Boot Camp attitude kill a man"
    -Buckshot

We comin' through, all you hear is ten boots stompin'
    Got you shittin' in you're drawers, just starin', lookin', watchin'
    What's our next move? Hope it's not in you direction
    'Cuz you know you're fucked up and left home without protection
    -Tek
    blatalianskpjr78
  • skpjr78skpjr78 Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shit was a banger. totally forget about this shit. cant go wrong with the roy ayers sample
    blatalian
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @blatalian I posted this a week and a half ago on one of my daily throwback drops, but hey keep it going
    blatalian
  • blatalianblatalian I B Dat...Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @blatalian I posted this a week and a half ago on one of my daily throwback drops, but hey keep it going

Lol...my bad bro...didn't see it
    king hassan
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, this shyt was dope....I been looking over older rap charts, and was shocked that these cats were #1 for a week or two...I didnt think this song was that big.....I brought a couple cats back with a chart that I posted from early 93, so here's another one:

OCTOBER 30, 1993

1Valley Of The Skinz
    Trends Of Culture

2 What's Next?
    Leaders Of The New School

3 Shifftee
    Onyx

4 Stay Real
    Erick Sermon

5 Let Me Ride
    Dr. Dre

6 Recipe Of A Hoe
    Boss

7 Soul By The Pound
    Common Sense

8 Outta Here
    KRS-One

9 Flow Joe
    Fat Joe

10 We Getz Buzy
    Illegal

11 Paint The White House Black
    George Clinton

12 Make Room
    Tha Alkaholiks

13 Shoop
    Salt-N-Pepa

14 Mash Up The Mic
    Private Investigators

15 Nickel Bags
    Digable Planets

I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
    blatalianking hassanPapaDoc223
    a_list wrote: »
    Yo, this shyt was dope....I been looking over older rap charts, and was shocked that these cats were #1 for a week or two...I didnt think this song was that big.....I brought a couple cats back with a chart that I posted from early 93, so here's another one:

OCTOBER 30, 1993

1Valley Of The Skinz
    Trends Of Culture

2 What's Next?
    Leaders Of The New School

3 Shifftee
    Onyx

4 Stay Real
    Erick Sermon

5 Let Me Ride
    Dr. Dre

6 Recipe Of A Hoe
    Boss

7 Soul By The Pound
    Common Sense

8 Outta Here
    KRS-One

9 Flow Joe
    Fat Joe

10 We Getz Buzy
    Illegal

11 Paint The White House Black
    George Clinton

12 Make Room
    Tha Alkaholiks

13 Shoop
    Salt-N-Pepa

14 Mash Up The Mic
    Private Investigators

15 Nickel Bags
    Digable Planets

I copied Illegal, Shyheim, Da Youngstaz, Chi Ali and Da Wascals videos to my clipboard today because I was gonna drop a 90's edition "Kidz Bop" thread at some point...I also had Soul By The Pound from Common as another video I was gonna drop...
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother got so much stuff on VHS, videos, live performances and interviews from Video Music Box ....Been slacking on it, but I told sun I'm gonna pick those up and have the tapes copied to DVD....
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
    My brother got so much stuff on VHS, videos, live performances and interviews from Video Music Box ....Been slacking on it, but I told sun I'm gonna pick those up and have the tapes copied to DVD....

I need to do tha same shit bruh....I have about 25-30 8hr-12hr VHS tapes of videos from about 87-88 up till I stopped taping videos in tha late 90's-early 2000's...live performances, interviews and specials...
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blatalian wrote: »

I need to do tha same shit bruh....I have about 25-30 8hr-12hr VHS tapes of videos from about 87-88 up till I stopped taping videos in tha late 90's-early 2000's...live performances, interviews and specials...

I got tapes on VHS from the mid to late 80's myself, then I went to the Navy in 90 no tapes, got out in 95 and was back on it, I don't know what my parents did with all those tapes
    blatalian
    blatalian wrote: »

I got tapes on VHS from the mid to late 80's myself, then I went to the Navy in 90 no tapes, got out in 95 and was back on it, I don't know what my parents did with all those tapes

One of my boys went to Oklahoma to play JUCO and I gave him a tape with all Redman videos and The Roots videos and he let some nigga record over it...I made him pay me $100 for that shit...
    king hassan
  • MECCA1000MECCA1000 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all get them vhs joints on disc's and or hard drive asap ......I got a few tapes that are fucked cause I didn't store them properly ......had them at my dad's house in Alabama and he moved them from the house to the garage and the heat of the summer pretty much cooked them
    .....when pops brung them out here ....smh .... mad fuzzy, grainy ....and little to no sound
    blatalianking hassan