Who is the Best Player in the NBA?

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    LeBron turns it on and off bc his regular season greatness has been established he bout the playoffs now, so he ain't gotta put on a show every night like curry. LeBron can shut down the opposing teams best player, curry can't do that. LeBron can score at will. Curry def a better scorer but Bron better all around.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    KD isn't even the best player on his team smh

Daniel-Craig-daniel-craig-33189118-500-255.gif

En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I'll take russ over curryseem like people have short memories.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lebron James
    Till further notice, I'm going with Bron. Steph right there, tho.
    Lmao @ people still thinking Lebrons out here defending in 2015

He locked up Melo when it counted in the Garden. Stop playing.

When you see Steph play ANY on-ball D?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Lebron James
    I'll take Bron on my team
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a reach to act like steph is pure ass on defense like some of yall are doing.

also westbrook not better than kd so how he gon be better than steph or lebron.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Ibex wrote: »
    People voting for Stef obviously think rebounding and defense are not a part of basketball.

Where's Russ and K.Leonard?

Y'all ? reaching ..

Steph, Lebron >>> Russ, K. Leonard.

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    I can't say steph carried them ? to the title simply becuz he let iggy get finals MVP
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    No team would guard him like he has AIDS in the 80's

"You dont hoop"
    -S2J

Quickest handle + quickest release + unlimited screens + 3 or 4 other guys on the court that can shoot = unguardable.

How do you team defend a ? pullin from 4ft behind the arc off a SCREEN. Cleveland tried that and gave up layup after layup and wide open 3s

And if u mean individual defense you REALLY dont hoop. He can break you so u gotta bag back, but he doeent need air space to get his shot up so u gotta guard up. Please. That kid is unguardable in any generation
  • S2J
    Options
    Lebron James
    As far as Russ vs KD

KD gon get his 27ppg. Ok, cool, we've seen that historically from many. Even from a ? we chastise like Melo.

Russ tho

25.4 ppg, 8.1rpg, 10.3apg

Yea we've rarely seen that. If those type numbers remain constant, we'll look back and say Russ was the better, more transcendent player. Granted its like arguing Mike vs Magic, both supremely skilled, just different

And if OKC is to win a title, since KD is more reliant on a jump shot falling and,has shown he can be muscled , im convinced Russ would be the MVP
  • Peace_79
    edited November 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    As far as Russ vs KD

If those type numbers remain constant, ...

IF ...

Lets also see if these crazy stats add up to wins before we call him better than KD.

He is balling out of his mind... but KD at his best has been one of the most lethal scorers of this generation, consistently over several seasons.

I'm not saying it aint close but Russ got to convince me before I say he's better than KD.
  • Peace_79
    edited November 2015
    Options
    BTW, @s2j you still aint vote

Spoke too soon
  • S2J
    Options
    Lebron James
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    As far as Russ vs KD

If those type numbers remain constant, ...

IF ...

Lets also see if these crazy stats add up to wins before we call him better than KD.

He is balling out of his mind... but KD at his best has been one of the most lethal scorers of this generation, consistently over several seasons.

I'm not saying it aint close but Russ got to convince me before I say he's better than KD.

Agreed. Imo this new Russ aint goin nowhere

At first he was Pip to Durant's MJ-clear distinction

Then he was Kobe to Durant's Shaq-close to KD but still not equals.

Going forward tho i think its gon be a Magic-Kareem dynamic (prime karim). Both different but a toss up as to who's 'better'

The way Russ plays he's more unstoppable than Durant

There's a handfull of guys who can slow down and contain KD (Bron, Kwahi, Iggy, etc), not to mention the unavoidable off day from the perimeter

No one can guard Russ. Period. lol
  • Peace_79
    edited November 2015
    Options

I can respect that.
    At his trajectory he's on track to storm through the Hall of Fame with reckless abandon like one of his breakaway dunks.

His ceiling is nowhere in sight...

Cats shouldn't forget about Durant tho ... they don't just hand out MVPs and scoring titles

russell-westbrook-nba-oklahoma-city-thunder-washington-wizards-850x560.jpg
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer Russ' skill set and ruthless aggression, but KD is better imo
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Lebron James is complete.

Nearly unstoppable offensively
    Can defend 4 positions
    Make ? ass players good
    Super passer
    4 time MVP
    7 finals appearences
    5 straight finals appearences
    2 finals MVP
    Lots of records broken

Him alone Nearly stopped GSW inspite of all the injuries.
    WASNT DAVID LEE ADJUSTMENT IN GAME 4
    WASNT IGODALA THE MVP ' s DEFENSE
    WASNT THE INJURIES

Cleaveland would have won against all odds.

Curry is a fantastic shooter that play in a team that maximizes of that. Place him in the same situation and teams as Lebron he would barely attain the playoff let alone winning finals.

Lebron has beaten the almighty and nightmarish SPURS. He is the only one that has stopped Tim Duncan TONY PARKER GINOBILI one of the winningest Trio in NBA History.
    Who else can brag about that?

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Lebron James
    Alpha Russ single embarassed the Warriors last years

The Spurs, the most dangerous team in this league imo, spanked the Warriors last year.

All I want to see coming playoff time is GSW crossing path with the HEALTHY THUNDER or SPURS. If they get pass them then ill start puting Curry in the conversation. He wasnt the Finals MVP. Iggy was.

I want to see CURRY DOMINATE AND WILL HIS TEAM AGAINST HEALTHY TOP TEAM not

Rockets
    Injured Grizz
    Young Pelicans

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can defend 4 positions
    Make ? ass players good
    Super passer
    4 time MVP
    7 finals appearences
    2 finals MVP
    Lots of records broken

WASNT THE INJURIES

Curry is a fantastic shooter that play in a team that maximizes of that. Place him in the same situation and teams as Lebron he would barely attain the playoff let alone winning finals.

Lebron has beaten the almighty and nightmarish SPURS. He is the only one that has stopped Tim Duncan TONY PARKER GINOBILI one of the winningest Trio in NBA History.

? why you bringing up career bios in a "who's the best player this season" thread?? And alot of teams beat the Spurs, they weren't in the Finals every year so obviously other teams beat them in a 7 game series, including 8th seed Memphis
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Lebron James
    blu197 wrote: »

Can defend 4 positions
    Make ? ass players good
    Super passer
    4 time MVP
    7 finals appearences
    2 finals MVP
    Lots of records broken

WASNT THE INJURIES

? why you bringing up career bios in a "who's the best player this season" thread?? And alot of teams beat the Spurs, they weren't in the Finals every year so obviously other teams beat them in a 7 game series, including 8th seed Memphis

Because its time to remind to some posters here that LEBRON IS STILL THE GUY IN THIS ? !!.
    Peopke act like he doesnt do Nearly whatever he wants However he wants. He has lost only two games so far with again a lot of injuries in the cavs roster.

We just got used to it. Yet I dont see nobody else on his level.

The Spurs have only lost in the finals against LEBRON.
  • blu197
    Options

Can defend 4 positions
    Make ? ass players good
    Super passer
    4 time MVP
    7 finals appearences
    2 finals MVP
    Lots of records broken

WASNT THE INJURIES

Because its time to remind to some posters here that LEBRON IS STILL THE GUY IN THIS ? !!.
    Peopke act like he doesnt do Nearly whatever he wants However he wants. He has lost only two games so far with again a lot of injuries in the cavs roster.

Whether it's the Finals or the WCF it's a 7 game series all the same so stop hyping up the HEAT beating the Spurs in the Finals to boost Bron bc that looks dumb as ? .. Bron this season hasn't been what you say he is THIS SEASON, his play and numbers show that, if wanna still say he's the best individual player then that's your opinion but the debate on who's the best in the NBA is as close as it's been since 2008 when Kobe, CP3 and Bron were at their peak..

Also Blake not being in the poll is complete disrespect and AD is being overrated as usual
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Lebron James

Can defend 4 positions
    Make ? ass players good
    Super passer
    4 time MVP
    7 finals appearences
    2 finals MVP
    Lots of records broken

WASNT THE INJURIES

Whether it's the Finals or the WCF it's a 7 game series all the same so stop hyping up the HEAT beating the Spurs in the Finals to boost Bron bc that looks dumb as ? .. Bron this season hasn't been what you say he is THIS SEASON, his play and numbers show that, if wanna still say he's the best individual player then that's your opinion but the debate on who's the best in the NBA is as close as it's been since 2008 when Kobe, CP3 and Bron were at their peak..

Also Blake not being in the poll is complete disrespect and AD is being overrated as usual

I agree with you abiut griffin.

Yet being the only one to have beaten the Spurs in the final so far is not dumb. Just another example of how GREAT you are imo.

And until I see the Warriors doing the same come playoff time, i wont talk about Curry like that.

Extraordinary shooter, nothing else
  • blu197
    Options
    Alpha Russ single embarassed the Warriors last years

The Spurs, the most dangerous team in this league imo, spanked the Warriors last year.

All I want to see coming playoff time is GSW crossing path with the HEALTHY THUNDER or SPURS. If they get pass them then ill start puting Curry in the conversation. He wasnt the Finals MVP. Iggy was.

I want to see CURRY DOMINATE AND WILL HIS TEAM AGAINST HEALTHY TOP TEAM not

Rockets
    Injured Grizz
    Young Pelicans

Implying that the garbage teams in the East that Bron runs through every year in the playoffs are better lol
  • blu197
    edited November 2015
    Options

Can defend 4 positions
    Make ? ass players good
    Super passer
    4 time MVP
    7 finals appearences
    2 finals MVP
    Lots of records broken

WASNT THE INJURIES

I agree with you abiut griffin.

Yet being the only one to have beaten the Spurs in the final so far is not dumb. Just another example of how GREAT you are imo.

And until I see the Warriors doing the same come playoff time, i wont talk about Curry like that.

Extraordinary shooter, nothing else

What teams have the Spurs faced in the Finals that were so great other than the 2013 Heat? When the Spurs face great teams in the playoffs like Kobe Lakers in 08, Dirk Mavs in 06, CP3/Blake Clips, OKC in 2012 etc they don't usually make it out the West
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    The Spurs beat that Detroit team that embarrassed Kobe
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    No team would guard him like he has AIDS in the 80's

"You dont hoop"
    -S2J

Quickest handle + quickest release + unlimited screens + 3 or 4 other guys on the court that can shoot = unguardable.

How do you team defend a ? pullin from 4ft behind the arc off a SCREEN. Cleveland tried that and gave up layup after layup and wide open 3s

And if u mean individual defense you REALLY dont hoop. He can break you so u gotta bag back, but he doeent need air space to get his shot up so u gotta guard up. Please. That kid is unguardable in any generation
    Over your head you got caught up trying to be right go sit down somewhere
  • blu197
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The Spurs beat that Detroit team that embarrassed Kobe

They didn't embarrass Kobe as bad as the Mavs did Bron in 2011, and the 04 Pistons didn't beat a Team that series, Lakers made it to the Finals that year off of pure talent