jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
Edge_Raises_WWE_Title.jpg

randy-orton-champ.jpg

Better Overall Wrestler: Randy Orton vs Edge 21 votes

Randy Orton
61%
[Deleted User]  Colin$mackabi$hkj_da_midwest_mobstajonoMdizzle9000RobCoLifedneez0228vageneral08kingroTheBoyRoYoung GunnerLouis DevinearBangEm_Bart 13 votes
Edge
38%
kingofkingzDOPEdweebzits....JOHN BAlready Home_17bornagkn33usblu197RawAceTsotsi Cape Town 8 votes

Comments

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Edge
    This is close but Edge is my favorite All Time..

Edge has more historic classics than Orton but Orton has a career full of 4 star matches, Not sayin Orton doesn't have a match i consider 5 star, i think he should have more but he spent half his career in the ring with Cena, if they had report cards that represents their match quality for career, Edges would look like A+, A-, B, C+, and Ortons would be A, B+, B, B.. Edge was more willing to do crazier spots in his matches and that entertained me more than Ortons technical style, Edge easily had the better move set, psychology is a tie...

When it comes to mic work Edge is better at getting the crowd behind him on the mic, while Orton is just boring and he talks in the same robotic tone, Edge uses more emotion and passion on what he says and he's more diverse bc he can give you comic relief (hit or miss i admit) when he was in E&C and as a Heel Edge is better at insulting his opponents on the mic... To me its Edge all the way from a entertainment standpoint and if you wanna talk about success as far as Titles go (Tag Titles,IC Titles,World Titles) Edge was more successful in the buisness, which is a testament to how hard he worked his ass off bc he didn't have the HHH cosign like Orton or the Vince cosign like Cena..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    might have to give the slightest of slight edges (no pun intended) to edge.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Edge
    Orton is a slightly better singles competitor but Edge is legendary in both singles and tag team wrestling. Edge.
  • jono
    Options
    Randy Orton
    The only thing Edge does better is cut promos and Randy was good at promos for a few years then out of nowhere he stopped giving a ?
  • blu197
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Edge
    jono wrote: »
    The only thing Edge does better is cut promos and Randy was good at promos for a few years then out of nowhere he stopped giving a ?

You don't know what you're talkin about if you believe this and extremely underrating Edges talent, watch a Edge match in the 90s and Early 00s, he did things in the ring Orton never could with his extremely slow paced technical style. Edge is 6'5 and did moves only cruiserweights like Eddie and Jericho did while i don't think Orton's ever climbed a ? turnbuckle before...

This wasn't even one of Edges best showings and he carried Brock in this
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VK9zGh_GJYw

Edge was always a bigger draw than Orton, Smackdown needed Edge much more than Edge needed SD to be a main eventer. I don't think it's a sign that the E thought less of Edge by making him the guy on SD, no one was able to carry that show after Eddie died like Edge did, i remember a lot of ppl sayin SD was better than RAW at the time for having better matches and storylines. Orton failed to carry SD like Edge did when Edge retired, he went back on RAW and sadly no one cares about SD anymore, also Edge was the last credible WHC before they ruined that belts prestige, it's close but Edge had more impact on the buisness and will always be remembered more fondly than Orton by those who've watched both from start to finish..
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge
    please ban blu before he ruins another discussion
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge

Didn't know giving well thought out articulate reasons why i prefer one wrestler over another is considered "ruining a discussion" around these parts, most of you ? in here are overly sensitive and can't take it when someone has an opinion you disagree with
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    ^^^

Randy is was more crisp and technical in the ring IMO. Edge can be a spot monkey and a great heel in the ring but ehh.
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Edge
    blu197 wrote: »

Didn't know giving well thought out articulate reasons why i prefer one wrestler over another is considered "ruining a discussion" around these parts, most of you ? in here are overly sensitive and can't take it when someone has an opinion you disagree with

P5p0Ao7.gif

? , where?
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge

P5p0Ao7.gif

? , where?

My bad bruh, i forgot you can't read and comprehend
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Edge
    i comprehend your posts well enough to pick apart your flawed logic and ? opinions with great ease
    me and everyone else on this forum
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge
    i comprehend your posts well enough to pick apart your flawed logic and ? opinions with great ease
    me and everyone else on this forum

Lmaoo you've literally never done that, all you do is get mad at my post and request that i get banned... And how can somebody's logic be flawed when it comes to these B.O.W threads? If im giving you detailed facts and not makin ? up then there isn't nothin flawed about it, everything i say the proof is in the matches, feuds and promos you sack of ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I'll b honest that was another blu post that started good

Then he said something completely asinine

I don't think edge was a. Bigger draw, Orton seemed to me to b what rock was to scsa at one time, especially in the early 2010's, edge was close but not quite. at least imo.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Edge's psychology was a strong point
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

U have opinions only contrarians for the ? of it agree with. I'm shocked every time anyone cosigns the bs u say
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Lol @ Orton failing after edge retirement, he went thru the motions and still had the feud of the summer with Christian, his pops were enormous, then after that put over hall of pain Henry
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge
    I'll b honest that was another blu post that started good

Then he said something completely asinine

I don't think edge was a. Bigger draw, Orton seemed to me to b what rock was to scsa at one time, especially in the early 2010's, edge was close but not quite. at least imo.

Why is it crazy to consider Edge a bigger draw when he's had higher rated segments and matches on RAW and Smackdown, you even look at when Rated RKO was goin on that ? was all about Edge and Orton was the laggy of the two... Just bc the E tries to hype up Orton and Cena like their on Rock/Austin or Hogan/Savage level doesn't mean anything..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I didn't say it was crazy, it's prolly close but imo it seemed to b Randy, I know u hate every u think wwe "hypes" up, but that ain't how it is all the time. Wwe "hyped" edge as well even when he was struggling to get over as main event talent. Also one high rated segment doesn't equal the entire run. And whoever is lagging had nothing to do with drawing. Imo they both played their part.

I'll say imo Orton was a slightly better heel over all tho
  • blu197
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Edge
    I don't hate Orton, i always rocked with Orton but compared to Edge he isn't better OVERALL to me.. And Edge in his physical prime could give you a better match than Orton bc Edge had more to offer to a match and his matches were never as predictable as Orton... When it's close like this i make my choice based on Entertainment and Edge had a ? load of matches more entertaining than Orton imo alot of Ortons high profile matches are bland
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    u have a point on randy being somewhat predictable tho

its a tough call edge has the edge in ring imo, but the heel work of legend killer and early voices randy is somethin we all miss
  • jono
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Randy Orton
    All this "Edge was better in the ring" is making me ill. Yall ? can't be serious.

Randy makes that wrestling ? look easy, his facials aren't forced (like Edge's), his matches are much smoother with fewer botches, he has a better moveset, he has a better workrate, sells better, not to mention he has a far more exciting style than Edge.

Watch a Randy Orton babyface come back. That ? wakes crowds up every time, Orton makes simple moves like dropkicks and powerslams look fantastic and Edge is better? With the running hug he does as a finisher?

I should also add that ORTON has presence, a big match presence. Anything involving him looks better than it is because he's involved in it. He has a cool factor whether he's heel or face, nothing comes across forced or unrealistic.

Final thing, his timing is impeccable. Thats not even up for debate.
  • Already Home_17
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Edge
    All this "Edge was better in the ring" is making me ill. Yall ? can't be serious.

Randy makes that wrestling ? look easy, his facials aren't forced (like Edge's), his matches are much smoother with fewer botches, he has a better moveset, he has a better workrate, sells better, not to mention he has a far more exciting style than Edge.

Watch a Randy Orton babyface come back. That ? wakes crowds up every time, Orton makes simple moves like dropkicks and powerslams look fantastic and Edge is better? With the running hug he does as a finisher?

I should also add that ORTON has presence, a big match presence. Anything involving him looks better than it is because he's involved in it. He has a cool factor whether he's heel or face, nothing comes across forced or unrealistic.

idk what you mean by facials. i guess you mean ? expressions

4274-randy_orton-wwe.png

I mean if you find this dope I won't judge you
    but seriously, both these dudes struggled as a face. edge in 2010 and orton in general

both are better heels. edge was the better out of the two. orton had great heel antics but his style was too slow and boring at times. and let's not get into his monotone voice

mic work is not a competition. edge wins hands down. even back to his tag team days

like you said, orton makes ? look easy. he's a natural. but you say nothing looks forced with him. orton waving his arms trying to get the crowd hype looks forced af to me

although orton is better in the ring, edge is no slouch. his counter wrestling ability gets overlooked because it's not that exciting to some but his ring psychology can't be questioned. peep his match with taker at WM24. not his best match from an excitement standpoint (watch his matches with angle, hardys etc for that) but it was a great performance

and how you gonna diss edge's spear in support of the sorrier version of the stunner and diamond cutter? it's a dope finisher but a 240 pound man running full speed at you and driving his shoulder into your ribs is a lot more effective than gently guiding your opponent to the mat

both are great imo but I'll give edge the edge
  • jono
    Options
    Randy Orton

idk what you mean by facials. i guess you mean ? expressions

4274-randy_orton-wwe.png

I mean if you find this dope I won't judge you
    but seriously, both these dudes struggled as a face. edge in 2010 and orton in general

both are better heels. edge was the better out of the two. orton had great heel antics but his style was too slow and boring at times. and let's not get into his monotone voice
    Orton didnt always work slow. He began doing it primarily for the Viper character and the psychology of the gimmick.

Also all of Edge's eye bulging, hairpulling and stomping is way overboard. Its in no way the same.
    mic work is not a competition. edge wins hands down. even back to his tag team days

like you said, orton makes ? look easy. he's a natural. but you say nothing looks forced with him. orton waving his arms trying to get the crowd hype looks forced af to me
    As forced as trying to make "Spear spear spear" a chant? Lol stop it. Edge was a good in ring performer until 2009 but no way is he better than Orton.

Face Orton played to the crowd effectively. Even when he didnt direct illicit a reaction he got one.
    although orton is better in the ring, edge is no slouch. his counter wrestling ability gets overlooked because it's not that exciting to some but his ring psychology can't be questioned. peep his match with taker at WM24. not his best match from an excitement standpoint (watch his matches with angle, hardys etc for that) but it was a great performance

His ring psychology isnt ? with Randy's. Like i said Orton sells better, he has better mannerisms and more appropriate facials. He was methodical when he needed to be
    and how you gonna diss edge's spear in support of the sorrier version of the stunner and diamond cutter? it's a dope finisher but a 240 pound man running full speed at you and driving his shoulder into your ribs is a lot more effective than gently guiding your opponent to the mat

both are great imo but I'll give edge the edge

Pppfffft LOL

Look at any RKO aint ? "sorry" about it. Just because Edge shittily used the spear Orton's RKO is wack? Ridiclous. The RKO looks NOTHING like the stunner its the Ace Crusher which is the Diamond Cutter. Only difference is one arm vs two.

Edge is totally forced as the "face of SD" with all that ? La Familia trash with Vickie and Co. When Edge was with Lita he was lit for sure but when they separated them he needed another crutch (Vickie) to maintain his heat.
  • blu197
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Edge
    Edge spear isn't bad, it's looks good when does it to guys like Punk, Hardy, Jericho, Orton etc but not so much bigger guys like Batista, Kane, HHH.. Edge should've kept the Edgecution as his finisher but i don't think it was his decision.. sayin Edge is less in the ring bc of the spear is like sayin Seth is less in the ring bc of a bad pedigree...

Idk how the hell you can look at both these guys moves and in ring work and say Orton is better, if you wanna say Orton is more crisp, fine, but it isn't hard or amazing to throw crisp stomps and uppercuts...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6CtgKVWJk8
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PR8MxLLROY

stop overrating guys in ring ability bc they're labeled "technical", and then I've seen dude bring up "cool factor" for Orton lol Edge is way more cooler than Blandy Boreton
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Edge
    1. I know orton didn't always work slow. that's why i said "at times"

you say edges eye buldging, hair pulling was overboard meanwhile orton punching the ground before the RKO did nothing for me. preferences

2. I already pointed out both weren't that good as a face. mentioning the corny spear chant proves my point. it did get over with the crowd. but I wasn't a fan

3. fair enough

4. I didn't say the RKO was wack. I called it a dope finisher. as far as effectiveness it's a sorrier diamond cutter and stone cold stunner. the stunner jacks your jaw. the RKO guides you to the mat. it's a cooler looking finisher tho, I'll give you that

orton was forced as the face of wwe in 2013. he was a boring champion during that period unless he snapped. but that wasn't his fault. the fans was just tired of seeing him and wanted something new in DB. never have an edge match been ? on like orton's at SS2013, RR2014, and the raw after WM29. I guess he forgot those mannerisms and facials that night

lol at la familia being a crutch meanwhile orton had evolution, legacy, and the authority