Article: The video that will rip Chicago apart — and why you need to see it..

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-laquan-mcdonald-new-videos-met-20151125-story.html
    Four new Laquan McDonald shooting videos raise more questions

Newly released videos from four additional police vehicles at the scene of the 2014 shooting of Laquan McDonald raise questions about how the city's Police Department documented the killing of an African-American teenager that has led to a Chicago cop being charged with first-degree murder.

The police dashboard camera videos also shed new light on how the events unfolded leading up to McDonald's death by showing police response to the incident from new perspectives. That includes from the vehicle Officer Jason Van ? rode in as he briefly followed the 17-year-old McDonald before shooting him 16 times in the middle of Pulaski Road on the Southwest Side on Oct. 20, 2014.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Law Department released the videos from five separate police vehicles to the Chicago Tribune on Wednesday in response to an open records request. The videos, released on DVDs, included the one widely circulated publicly Tuesday that shows the most complete coverage of the shooting released to date.

All told, the videos show at least eight police vehicles responding to the shooting scene, and now the Emanuel administration has released videos from five of those vehicles. But no video has been provided from the three other vehicles, all of which were at the scene as the shooting unfolded.

The Tribune asked police, prosecutors and the mayor's office whether those vehicles had video and requested any such video under open records law. The city has not responded to those questions.

Chicago Police Department orders require officers to use in-car video if the vehicle is equipped with it. According to that order, the in-car video system will automatically engage audio and video recording when the vehicle's emergency lights are activated. Officers may also manually engage the recording system without activating the lights.

The question of why there is so little discernible sound on any of the videos is an important emerging issue that city officials have yet to address.

All the videos released to date include some sound, but most of it is just the faint noise of the vehicles' sirens. The videos, including the one from Van ? 's vehicle, did not include any audio of officers talking, either in the vehicles or over police radios, raising questions about why sirens outside the vehicles are audible but voices and other sounds from inside the vehicle are not.

The Tribune put those questions to the Police Department, the office of Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez and the Law Department early Wednesday afternoon. None responded to the questions.

However, in a news conference Tuesday before releasing the now-viral video that shows McDonald's shooting, Chicago police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was asked whether there was any audio on that footage.

"No, there was no audio with the tape that I saw, the video I saw," McCarthy said. "I don't think that audio does exist."

Asked whether the police cameras were supposed to have sound, McCarthy responded, "There's supposed to be (audio), and it's supposed to happen at a couple different instances.

"This is one of the things that we are working on. Sometimes we have technical difficulties," McCarthy said. "Sometimes officers need to be disciplined if they don't turn it on at the right circumstance, which is why we are working out all the details."

Again asked if any audio existed with footage of the shooting, McCarthy answered, "No, no, no there was no audio to my knowledge with any of the video that was taken. No, it didn't exist."

Only one of the five police dashboard camera videos that the Emanuel administration did release shows the shooting of McDonald, the same video the mayor was forced to release under an order by a Cook County judge.

The other DVDs released by the city show:

•A video of Van ? 's squad car following McDonald through the lawn of a Burger King restaurant and pulling up alongside him as he walked down the center of Pulaski.

•Another video of a squad car arriving at the shooting scene moments after McDonald crumpled to the ground. The video shows the teen still moving slightly in the street with streams of blood trailing from his body.

•Two other videos from a pair of other police vehicles that drove up near the incident but appeared to be quickly dispatched to help set up a perimeter and control traffic.

The absence of any recorded discussions from officers in any of the five vehicles for which videos were released makes it impossible to discern what the officers might have discussed in their cars on the runup to the shooting of McDonald. In the charging papers against Van ? , prosecutors paraphrased radio traffic from four different cars responding to the incident.

The five videos vary in length, from just a few minutes to over a half-hour. Each also starts at different points in the sequence of events, with one squad car's video not starting until after it's already parked near an ambulance at the scene.

In charging Van ? with murder on Tuesday, Alvarez said that only one police dashboard camera recorded the shooting. While other Chicago police vehicles at the scene were equipped with working cameras, Alvarez said, none of the vehicles was positioned to capture the shooting.

The official recitation of evidence supporting the charge against Van ? filed by Alvarez's office also stated "no audio was recorded" on the dashboard camera video that showed the shooting.

Alvarez's office did not respond to questions Wednesday about whether her office had reached a conclusion as to why there was no sound of conversations inside the squad cars or over police radio on the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRBfm91stxQ
    •Another video of a squad car arriving at the shooting scene moments after McDonald crumpled to the ground. The video shows the teen still moving slightly in the street with streams of blood trailing from his body.

SMDH.. This video is mad disturbing...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt even try to save him...

yet all lives matter
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they just stand there and chop it up while my mans bleeding out like he aint worth a damn. Disgusting smfh
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options

If you freeze this video at the 2 minute mark, there is a cop car directly in front of the officer shooting. I would assume the cop car has a dash cam also. If so, that is the video I would want released and put side by side with the one of the body so everybody can see the everything
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ZuluQueen wrote: »

No ? who hates white men, but faps to the white mans mother can ever step to me.

kKH0KBX.gif
  • ZuluQueen
    ZuluQueen Members Posts: 190
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    and ZuluQueen just another white troll failing to sound convincingly black on AllHipHop, disregard

some ppl need to step they Identification, friend or foe (IFF) game up round here....

cuz in a few months these saltine agent provocateurs gonna try an recruit us to ISIS and ? lol

36_G14_Bk.gif

Such a pity, your IQ is showing, and it's not far from those from Papua New Guinea. I went from female to male, from male to female, black to white, asian, hispanic, back to black, now I'm white again. Yet, these classifications projected upon me are based upon my agreement/disagreement with the majority of group-thinking minions. You all suffer from a double consciousness. However, I remain unbothered, because at the end of the day you all are projecting anti-white rhetoric while using the white mans language, while interacting on some forum software created by a white man, while all on the white mans internet. Totally, reminds me of pro black pages on Facebook, where black people log on to spew their hatred of whites on a white mans Facebook. You negros go from hating the white man, to idolizing the woman who brought him in the world, the woman who have birth every white supremacist that has ever lived. This is how powerless you all are.

So continue on, brute.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white mans internet?

@Mods ban this trick

This thread is serious... Permaband this clown
  • ZuluQueen
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    The white mans internet?

@Mods ban this trick

This thread is serious... Permaband this clown

You think thats gonna stop me? They done already did both, mulatto.

I+am+now+suspicious+of+every+gif+_7a7bed3f9c804eb0393e15d63e8b7c4e.gif

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do yall even acknowledge these detractors?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and ZuluQueen just another white troll failing to sound convincingly black on AllHipHop, disregard

some ppl need to step they Identification, friend or foe (IFF) game up round here....

cuz in a few months these saltine agent provocateurs gonna try an recruit us to ISIS and ? lol

36_G14_Bk.gif

Such a pity, your IQ is showing, and it's not far from those from Papua New Guinea. I went from female to male, from male to female, black to white, asian, hispanic, back to black, now I'm white again. Yet, these classifications projected upon me are based upon my agreement/disagreement with the majority of group-thinking minions. You all suffer from a double consciousness. However, I remain unbothered, because at the end of the day you all are projecting anti-white rhetoric while using the white mans language, while interacting on some forum software created by a white man, while all on the white mans internet. Totally, reminds me of pro black pages on Facebook, where black people log on to spew their hatred of whites on a white mans Facebook. You negros go from hating the white man, to idolizing the woman who brought him in the world, the woman who have birth every white supremacist that has ever lived. This is how powerless you all are.

So continue on, brute.

This coz your dude left you for some Beccy?
  • ZuluQueen
    edited November 2015
    Options

36_G14_Bk.gif

So continue on, brute.

675.gif

I don't associate with ? males, so thats a zero possibility. I come from a tribe and a clan, and actual culture. I know who I am, and where I come from, we don't have sex with whites; playing sexual politics thinking because we are ? them we are now free, or now have power. Matter of fact, we don't even view them as completely human, let alone attractive. Dust!
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

36_G14_Bk.gif

So continue on, brute.

That's not a blk wom@n bruh, trust me... for some reason, these e-cacs like impersonating blk women.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Came in here thinking new info dropped but just trolling smh. Y'all got to ignore ? like that especially in threads like this.
  • ZuluQueen
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

36_G14_Bk.gif

So continue on, brute.

That's not a blk wom@n bruh, trust me... for some reason, these e-cacs like impersonating blk women.

The lies you ? come up with; Jamaicans have the lowest IQ out of all black diasporans, go read a book. No, what you need to do is go cut them tree stumps you call dreads on your head, to rid it of those parasites you carrying around, lame brain.

As if you Jamaicans actually care about black women when over 95% of Jamacian men are with white women in Canada and the UK. Jamaica has one of the highest statistics for ? in the entire world, but you care about black women? Stop the fake outrage.
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Came in here thinking new info dropped but just trolling smh. Y'all got to ignore ? like that especially in threads like this.

You have threads on this forum about engaging in a "sexual train," thats trolling. Me defending my position is not trolling. On any other forum you all would have been banned a long time ago. However, anti-intellectuals are allowed to run free and insult women in these parts. Anyway, get back to what you do best, because banning me aint gonna stop nothing, because when I click the "x" and log out this forum; my 3 degrees are still hanging on my wall, I still own my own business, my credit score is still 800+, and I still own my home. :)

I'll leave this thread, and let you ? males get back to your circle ? .
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

36_G14_Bk.gif

So continue on, brute.

The lies you ? come up with; Jamaicans have the lowest IQ out of all black diasporans, go read a book. No, what you need to do is go cut them tree stumps you call dreads on your head, to rid it of those parasites you carrying around, lame brain.

As if you Jamaicans actually care about black women when over 95% of Jamacian men are with white women in Canada and the UK. Jamaica has one of the highest statistics for ? in the entire world, but you care about black women? Stop the fake outrage.
    iron man1 wrote: »

You have threads on this forum about engaging in a "sexual train," thats trolling. Me defending my position is not trolling. On any other forum you all would have been banned a long time ago. However, anti-intellectuals are allowed to run free and insult women in these parts. Anyway, get back to what you do best, because banning me aint gonna stop nothing, because when I click the "x" and log out this forum; my 3 degrees are still hanging on my wall, I still own my own business, my credit score is still 800+, and I still own my home. :)

I'll leave this thread, and let you ? males get back to your circle ? .

Yaaaaaawwwn.... i'm not even Jamaican
    Do i post with an accent? Lmao Cac troll hearing voices from his screen.

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You nig nogs still taking the bait?

This+is+so+obviously+b7+_922c6b7c4e249a35f315052b3712b014.jpg
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that paleface called me a "brute" tho

lmaoooooooooooooo

he using flowery Shakespearean insults and ?

these ? weirdos try too hard lol
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago politicians are so ? corrupt. Goddammmmmn

They're all corrupt!! Politicians are in the business of selling lies to the people. Politicians are better actors than most of the people in Hollywood.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn that Rekia Boyd article was written in April!!

As for the other article for this Alvarez ? to still have a job let alone the one she is in just shows how everybody is on the take and hands are very ? . Some of the ? she is doing is being given the "ok" from people that are above her. This ? not going rogue with all the moves she is making. There is a rhyme and reason for all this ? and it doesn't just start and stop with her. They all need to be outed and caught up for the ? they are pulling and let the world see it for what it really is.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh now yall believe me
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldnt understand why rahm got reelected in the first place. Somehow I think he will get voted in again.

? gotta be rigged