SO according to critics how/why is president Obama the worst president in US history?

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of LBJ, Martin Luther King talked a lot of ? about him because of the Vietnam War and he was right. As far as Kennedy, he ? up getting involved in Vietnam and backing up the French, but he did want to leave the conflict alone, as far as I know. He was killed before he could do much more to leave Vietnam alone. Because Nixon failed to learn from LBJ's ? ups, I'm much harder on Nixon then I am LBJ. Nixon should have learned from LBJ's ? ups and end the war as he promised to do.
    just going to hit you with this: Nixon DID actually end the Vietnam War. LBJ escalated it to what it became. so...

as far as Kennedy, you're basically giving him a pass because he got killed. fine. but if you rate what he did? sent advisors to Vietnam.
    And as far as Bush being rated by historians these days as already being one of the worst, it's because foreign policy wise, Bush led a war that will without a doubt-
    but you give it away yourself right here: you're making a prediction. this is why you either admit it's based on the right-now emotions or give it time.

Yeah Nixon EVENTUALLY ended the war, but it took much longer than necessary and he needed a HUUUGE humiliation for it to actually happen (The fall of Saigon). If the CIA and American troops weren't chased away from Saigon, Nixon probably would have kept the war going on for ? knows how long. I admit to giving JFK a pass but research how he felt uncomfortable with how the conflict was going and even told aides he wanted to end it (on America's end) asap. He was killed not long after he told aides this.....

And historians and myself have given the war in Iraq time to manifest itself....how much time do you need?

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of LBJ, Martin Luther King talked a lot of ? about him because of the Vietnam War and he was right. As far as Kennedy, he ? up getting involved in Vietnam and backing up the French, but he did want to leave the conflict alone, as far as I know. He was killed before he could do much more to leave Vietnam alone. Because Nixon failed to learn from LBJ's ? ups, I'm much harder on Nixon then I am LBJ. Nixon should have learned from LBJ's ? ups and end the war as he promised to do.
    just going to hit you with this: Nixon DID actually end the Vietnam War. LBJ escalated it to what it became. so...

as far as Kennedy, you're basically giving him a pass because he got killed. fine. but if you rate what he did? sent advisors to Vietnam.
    And as far as Bush being rated by historians these days as already being one of the worst, it's because foreign policy wise, Bush led a war that will without a doubt-
    but you give it away yourself right here: you're making a prediction. this is why you either admit it's based on the right-now emotions or give it time.

Yeah Nixon EVENTUALLY ended the war, but it took much longer than necessary and he needed a HUUUGE humiliation for it to actually happen (The fall of Saigon). If the CIA and American troops weren't chased away from Saigon, Nixon probably would have kept the war going on for ? knows how long. I admit to giving JFK a pass but research how he felt uncomfortable with how the conflict was going and even told aides he wanted to end it (on America's end) asap. He was killed not long after he told aides this.....

And historians and myself have given the war in Iraq time to manifest itself....how much time do you need?

Honest no. You might have but a truly legit historian has not. People to this day still talk and debate things like how the glorious revolution, French revolution and the start of industrialization affected our world. A mere 15 years isn't close to enough to ultimately say that it was a sure fire success/failure.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Honest no. You might have but a truly legit historian has not. People to this day still talk and debate things like how the glorious revolution, French revolution and the start of industrialization affected our world. A mere 15 years isn't close to enough to ultimately say that it was a sure fire success/failure.

There will be nothing successful for a long time about the disaster known as Iraq, it's set in stone already, 3 trillion dollars and look at the ? mess that's over there. Iraq's govt is also broke now too, did you know that? Their govt has admitted this, it's why they can't even pay Iraqi soldiers to fight for much of their own land. Iraq being broke and unable to pay much of its workers means Iraq will be a basket case society for a LOOOOOONG time. Their infrastructure was almost totally destroyed, they don't even have the funds to finish fixing all the damage cowboy Americans inflicted over there.

The war has also ruined America's reputation in the region to a point that terror groups that are anti-American are more successful then ever before, word to Al-Qaeda having 25% of Syria now and ISIS having the land it has. Libya and Yemen have officials who claim fighters from IRAQ are destabilizing their nations, due to these officials having connections to "Great Satan" America.

I'll agree with the historians who today bash and trash the ? known as Bush. Iraq being destroyed and ISIS coming as a result is enough for me.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In a 2009 poll of 65 presidential historians and scholars, George W Bush was ranked the 7th worst American president of all time.....Abraham Lincoln was voted the best

http://www.usnews.com/news/history/articles/2009/02/17/historians-rank-george-w-bush-among-worst-presidents
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    He's not but his foreign policy leaves much to be desired

The one thing that is his strength to me is his foreign policy. We were the bad guys of the world. Europe, China, Russia and the countries of the middle east were all united against us. Everybody was talking about how wrong we were. Now they are all stuck in the area. Now what we saw as a global threat the world is seeing. So we are the good guys again. Allowing us to trade and travel in peace. Go somewhere especially in the arab and persian regions and they call you "Obama Obama".

Unless you are going to occupy a country and reap the spoils of war WHY NATION BUILD. You can't win a war in the middle east. Its simple. They surrender and then go guerrilla warfare. Honestly Japan is the only culture fit for takeover. Because the people are conditioned for subjugation. In the middle east and Africa they have two things poverty and tribalism. That disambiguation of nothing to lose people is not able to be ruled with a liberal pen. It needs an iron fist. We are to democratized at war to rule in the middle east. You will have to fracture the nations into so many tiny fragments they'd be counties instead of countries.

The only time Patraeus won the war in Iraq it was because he was using war dollars to give people jobs. So we are going to take billions of dollars in TAXPAYER money and just give it away to keep people from fighting. Why not put that in our education system. Give our people jobs. Better our country. To me Obama has done a great job here.
  • rodneyskinner
    Options
    My problem with Obama is he loves to create government programs that prop up broken systems or over states some plight. He does it so he can make pointless industries. In turn that leads to corruption. Examples.

Healthcare Bill. We didn't have an insurance problem we had a cost of healthcare problem. So instead pf fixing the cost of healthcare he changed it so someone would always pay the hospital.

The most outrageous thing of this Administration is the Education Industrial Complex that is being created. Someone needs to stop Arne Duncan. Common Core is a setup for corruption. Its pointless. Race to the Top is pointless. Reduce class sizes. Reduce school sizes. To standardize the public school and give funds to unstandardized private schools shows the intent is not to help students but to make it difficult for public school's. Where does the corruption come in? Well somebody has to facilitate all of the new over head. New books, tracking the information etc etc. Here's a company to do it there's a company to do it. For what purpose. Common Core doesn't prepare you for COLLEGE or a JOB. Why because Arne Duncan is now saying that you need to align HIGH SCHOOL Curriculum with COLLEGE. No. You need to leave HIGH SCHOOL with a COLLEGE DEGREE. Nothing is taught in College that can't be taught in High School.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The one thing that is his strength to me is his foreign policy. We were the bad guys of the world. Europe, China, Russia and the countries of the middle east were all united against us. Everybody was talking about how wrong we were. Now they are all stuck in the area. Now what we saw as a global threat the world is seeing. So we are the good guys again. Allowing us to trade and travel in peace. Go somewhere especially in the arab and persian regions and they call you "Obama Obama".

Unless you are going to occupy a country and reap the spoils of war WHY NATION BUILD. You can't win a war in the middle east. Its simple. They surrender and then go guerrilla warfare. Honestly Japan is the only culture fit for takeover. Because the people are conditioned for subjugation. In the middle east and Africa they have two things poverty and tribalism. That disambiguation of nothing to lose people is not able to be ruled with a liberal pen. It needs an iron fist. We are to democratized at war to rule in the middle east. You will have to fracture the nations into so many tiny fragments they'd be counties instead of countries.

The only time Patraeus won the war in Iraq it was because he was using war dollars to give people jobs. So we are going to take billions of dollars in TAXPAYER money and just give it away to keep people from fighting. Why not put that in our education system. Give our people jobs. Better our country. To me Obama has done a great job here.

His foreign policy is trash. under him isis came into power, china continues to steal American intellectual property and electronically infiltrate American companies. Syria went to ? , Libya went to ? , Egypt went to ? , yemen went to ? . The arab world in general went to ? , Obama talked ? about red lines and did nothing when assad crossed it.

America pulling out of Iraq was the dumbest thing America ever did in the middle east second only to removing saddam in the first place. china is building fake islands in an attempt to claim resources that don't belong to them Russia is bullying and has the eastern european states worried
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah Nixon EVENTUALLY ended the war, but it took much longer than necessary and he needed a HUUUGE humiliation for it to actually happen (The fall of Saigon).
    uhhh... check your research. Saigon did not fall until 1975; US ended the war in 1973. now, we didn't end the war in the sense that North and South Vietnam were still fighting... but neither of them is the US.

anyway, point is that LBJ is getting a severe pass here.
    I admit to giving JFK a pass but research how he felt uncomfortable with how the conflict was going and even told aides he wanted to end it (on America's end) asap. He was killed not long after he told aides this.....
    i feel like it's easy for aides to say "think well of JFK, he wanted to do this thing he didn't do."
    i'm going to request we at LEAST get to "second president after the president we're discussing."
    In a 2009 poll of 65 presidential historians and scholars, George W Bush was ranked the 7th worst American president of all time.....Abraham Lincoln was voted the best
    case in point: Bush left office in 2009. jumping the gun to slam Bush doesn't make it more legit because a historian (who can certainly be biased) did it.
  • rodneyskinner
    Options

His foreign policy is trash. under him isis came into power, china continues to steal American intellectual property and electronically infiltrate American companies. Syria went to ? , Libya went to ? , Egypt went to ? , yemen went to ? . The arab world in general went to ? , Obama talked ? about red lines and did nothing when assad crossed it.

America pulling out of Iraq was the dumbest thing America ever did in the middle east second only to removing saddam in the first place. china is building fake islands in an attempt to claim resources that don't belong to them Russia is bullying and has the eastern european states worried

Yeah they all went to ? but that's their problem not our's. None of the enemies that the US fought in Iraq and Afghanistan brought you ISIS. It was a totally separate movement. You want your children and family and neighbors to die for what. Those people can handle their own business. Don't believe Isis came to power because the people didn't want them. Don't forget the Muslim Brotherhood etc. You have to allow the ideal to die and they have to believe that its not Western influence causing their problem. They don't want to be puppet countries that's what most Americans don't get. They want to have their own pride in themselves. So a Caliphate ushers in the days of the Turkish empire when middle east wielded power. They want that again. Obama is smart. Let the world deal with it. Isis is now the enemy of Russia, China, Europe and The US. Before US was the enemy of Russia ISIS China and Europe.

China has been stealing our technology since the Clinton Administration. Chinese problem you mentioned is real. You can't stop everything with Violence. What Obama did was to attack China with the TPP. Now the TPP will mean less jobs for Americans. It also means less jobs and investments in China. Aa
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yeah Nixon EVENTUALLY ended the war, but it took much longer than necessary and he needed a HUUUGE humiliation for it to actually happen (The fall of Saigon).
    uhhh... check your research. Saigon did not fall until 1975; US ended the war in 1973. now, we didn't end the war in the sense that North and South Vietnam were still fighting... but neither of them is the US.

anyway, point is that LBJ is getting a severe pass here.
    I admit to giving JFK a pass but research how he felt uncomfortable with how the conflict was going and even told aides he wanted to end it (on America's end) asap. He was killed not long after he told aides this.....
    i feel like it's easy for aides to say "think well of JFK, he wanted to do this thing he didn't do."
    i'm going to request we at LEAST get to "second president after the president we're discussing."
    case in point: Bush left office in 2009. jumping the gun to slam Bush doesn't make it more legit because a historian (who can certainly be biased) did it.

Yes my history was a little off there, Saigon fell later then I thought, after Nixon's administration. But Nixon still failed to learn from the mistakes of LBJ, he should have abandoned the war much sooner, as historians have said over and over again. As far as LBJ, I'm not really a fan of his either, he screwed up getting more involved then necessary in Vietnam as well.
  • zzombie
    Options

Yeah they all went to ? but that's their problem not our's. None of the enemies that the US fought in Iraq and Afghanistan brought you ISIS. It was a totally separate movement. You want your children and family and neighbors to die for what. Those people can handle their own business. Don't believe Isis came to power because the people didn't want them. Don't forget the Muslim Brotherhood etc. You have to allow the ideal to die and they have to believe that its not Western influence causing their problem. They don't want to be puppet countries that's what most Americans don't get. They want to have their own pride in themselves. So a Caliphate ushers in the days of the Turkish empire when middle east wielded power. They want that again. Obama is smart. Let the world deal with it. Isis is now the enemy of Russia, China, Europe and The US. Before US was the enemy of Russia ISIS China and Europe.

China has been stealing our technology since the Clinton Administration. Chinese problem you mentioned is real. You can't stop everything with Violence. What Obama did was to attack China with the TPP. Now the TPP will mean less jobs for Americans. It also means less jobs and investments in China. Aa

No it's our problem because Isis is destabilizing the whole region and it's spreading to our allies and becoming their problem. (Refugee crisis) greater terrorist attacks in Europe. Which means it will be our problem in the short future. the people in the middle east cannot take care of the problem that should be obvious by now.

If you know anything about history you should know that a caliph by its very nature seeks conquest the idea cannot die it's too central to the religion of Islam and that area of the world has most of the oil the world's economy currently needs. I don't want war but it's inevitable there's no way around it all the western world is doing is stalling.

Violence against China would be stupid but something has to be done about their stealing intellectual property And antagonizing the southern Asian nations.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yes my history was a little off there, Saigon fell later then I thought, after Nixon's administration. But Nixon still failed to learn from the mistakes of LBJ, he should have abandoned the war much sooner, as historians have said over and over again. As far as LBJ, I'm not really a fan of his either, he screwed up getting more involved then necessary in Vietnam as well.
    well, no one wants to ABANDON a war/an ally/etc. actually, in a weird way, Nixon did learn from LBJ's mistakes in prosecuting the war, but it was just not a war that you could fight to a satisfactory conclusion that way.

anyway, this is less a "Vietnam was a great idea" and more of a "not sure Nixon deserves the most static" argument.

• rodneyskinner
    Options

No it's our problem because Isis is destabilizing the whole region and it's spreading to our allies and becoming their problem. (Refugee crisis) greater terrorist attacks in Europe. Which means it will be our problem in the short future. the people in the middle east cannot take care of the problem that should be obvious by now.

If you know anything about history you should know that a caliph by its very nature seeks conquest the idea cannot die it's too central to the religion of Islam and that area of the world has most of the oil the world's economy currently needs. I don't want war but it's inevitable there's no way around it all the western world is doing is stalling.

Violence against China would be stupid but something has to be done about their stealing intellectual property And antagonizing the southern Asian nations.

ALLIES? Allies pick up a gun when their friends attack. I don't remember any Israeli Troops, I don't remember seeing Saudi Arabia dollars paying some of that war debt. They gave us airspace not even bullets. Here go some free air you welcome to fly all over this free air. Meanwhile we running the Mexicans out and they over their fighting the WAR wearing the American Flag. We gotta take in the Muslims now. WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR ALLIES IN THE REGION? Oh yeah they gave us that free air. See as an American you think you have to get'er done. If you see something broke you fix it. Those countries they don't put windows in they house so they don't have to pay taxes. I don't think many Americans worry about paying a 2000 a year property tax in the place of some windows.

Obama did do something about China.

http://www.chinalawblog.com/2015/06/tpp-will-hurt-china-companies.html

China makes the majority of their money through the IDEA of growth. Most of China's money comes not from consumer consumption but construction projects paid for by the Central Bank. Its justified in the expansion because of their economies faux GDP growth. Well if investors find cheaper areas to bring their goods to US Markets then China is in a world of trouble.

I
  • zzombie
    Options

ALLIES? Allies pick up a gun when their friends attack. I don't remember any Israeli Troops, I don't remember seeing Saudi Arabia dollars paying some of that war debt. They gave us airspace not even bullets. Here go some free air you welcome to fly all over this free air. Meanwhile we running the Mexicans out and they over their fighting the WAR wearing the American Flag. We gotta take in the Muslims now. WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR ALLIES IN THE REGION? Oh yeah they gave us that free air. See as an American you think you have to get'er done. If you see something broke you fix it. Those countries they don't put windows in they house so they don't have to pay taxes. I don't think many Americans worry about paying a 2000 a year property tax in the place of some windows.

China makes the majority of their money through the IDEA of growth. Most of China's money comes not from consumer consumption but construction projects paid for by the Central Bank. Its justified in the expansion because of their economies faux GDP growth. Well if investors find cheaper areas to bring their goods to US Markets then China is in a world of trouble.

I

sorry but that's not really doing ? to china they are still constructing fake islands in the south china sea to claim resources and their economy is still growing and most likely they are still stealing

our allies like saudi arabia only buy and sell oil in american dollars thus ensuring the power of the petrodollar that keeps the america position all over the world strong. A political ally is not a friend he is someone that you are using while he is also using you.
  • rodneyskinner
    Options

I

sorry but that's not really doing ? to china they are still constructing fake islands in the south china sea to claim resources and their economy is still growing and most likely they are still stealing

our allies like saudi arabia only buy and sell oil in american dollars thus ensuring the power of the petrodollar that keeps the america position all over the world strong. A political ally is not a friend he is someone that you are using while he is also using you.

Chinas economy is fake growing. Its like Enron only the central is making the markets. Look where the growth in GDP comes from.

NEXT DID YOU SEE WHAT OBAMA POLICIES DID.
    http://news.yahoo.com/putin-urges-military-destroy-threats-forces-syria-122046282.html
  • zzombie
    Options

I

Chinas economy is fake growing. Its like Enron only the central is making the markets. Look where the growth in GDP comes from.

NEXT DID YOU SEE WHAT OBAMA POLICIES DID.
    http://news.yahoo.com/putin-urges-military-destroy-threats-forces-syria-122046282.html

china does have it's economic issues all nations do but china is still growing in power and influence the collapse of it's economy would also adversely affect the american economy. russia getting involved in the middle east is not a great accomplishment it's a result of american weakness
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama is a puppet, he is the speech maker that has to spin all the ? the US does to the people.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama is a puppet, he is the speech maker that has to spin all the ? the US does to the people.

How so?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel he's done a lot of good in his time in office. Especially with lowering the unemployment rate. But a lot of people keep calling him the worst president. I don't get it.

If you know exactly how he is getting his numbers low, you may consider putting him at least on the list. With the economy being bad (in spite of how good he says it is), some people have to take two (or more) jobs because one is not paying down debt and any other expenses. Not only that, those jobs may not be full time. As long as that job slot is filled, even by the same person, it counts as two or three people working.