Where does Chris Jericho rank on your GOAT list?

jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
Chris_Jericho_WCW_Championship_2.jpg

Where does Chris Jericho rank on your GOAT list? 22 votes

The GOAT
4%
genocidecutter 1 vote
Top 5
4%
RawAce 1 vote
Top 10
18%
Already Home_17Trollio Peezy_JenkinsTonyDubbz 4 votes
Top 15
36%
kj_da_midwest_mobstajonoMdizzle9000illestni99ainneKillaChamlookdudeT.Vick04Preach2Teach 8 votes
GTFOH
36%
kingofkingzPanchoYoSanchoChi-Town BullyTheBoyRoblu197LUClENLouis DevinearBangEm_Bart 8 votes

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    I don't think he's an all time great, at no point was he "The Man"
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 15
    hmm i'd say top 20- 30 at the least
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 10

what does that have to do with YOUR list?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH

Dude was at no point the greatest wrestler at any point of his career.

He wasn't a damn superstar in wrestling to me, dude was a mid card performer that just happened to win the top title. Dude had the best night of his career because Rock and Austin put him over, other than the match with triple h what do you remember about his reign. He's not on the level of 30 other people I would put in front of him.
  • Already Home_17
    Top 10

Dude was at no point the greatest wrestler at any point of his career.

He wasn't a damn superstar in wrestling to me, dude was a mid card performer that just happened to win the top title. Dude had the best night of his career because Rock and Austin put him over, other than the match with triple h what do you remember about his reign. He's not on the level of 30 other people I would put in front of him.

if we're sticking to the wwe, there's only been 6 wrestlers who were considered "the man" since the 80s

hogan
    hart
    hbk
    austin
    rock
    cena

outside of Bret and Michaels, who on that list can be considered a great wrestler?

all of the above can work, but Jericho is possibly better than anybody on that list in the ring not named hart or michaels

true. Jericho was never the man, but so what? who is the man gonna work with? himself? guys like Jericho are needed. you can fit him in anywhere

factor in the great matches, mic work, the ability to evolve his character, and you tryna say he Isn't one of the GOATS?

act like Michaels vs Jericho in 2008 wasn't one of the last great feuds

and out of curiosity, name 30 wrestlers that are better
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Top 10
    not taking anyone serious that doesnt have jericho as top 25 at least. ok maybe i can take u serious but idk how u dont!!

u wanna talk about jack of all trades, jericho is at the top of the list, great heel, really good face, believable champion, not many guys better or more well rounded in ring. has a long list of standout matches, can work anywhere on the card(even in special attraction status, pretty good for someone who's never been the guy). and he's still got it at age 45. he's never been THE guy but he was always A top guy, much like hhh, ? foley, or kurt angle. rock and austin dont just put over any ol cats lol.

i said years ago jericho was a goat. idk how anyone can deny it.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH
    I can deny him that and I do. Different taste for different people.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    Top 25, between 22-25 to be exact, his peak run in the AE was good but wasn't GOATness, they never treated him as one of the permanent Top Guys and it showed in how the way he was booked in his prime, he always went back and forth between the mid card and upper card, where as others like Edge, Jeff, Punk, Angle stayed at the Main Event/Upper card once they reached it.. After the RA Era i didn't care much for him even in the fued with HBK, that fued actually annoyed me, i thought it dragged on way too long and was wasting HBKs final months instead of him doin programs with other guys... Jericho is still one of my favorites tho..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Top 10
    I can deny him that and I do. Different taste for different people.

whats ur reasoning other than he wasnt in the main event as consistently as a orton or angle. just curious.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Top 10
    and yea he was in the mid card back and forth too, but he was always in a main/marquee feud or feud for a title. and his matches stole shows.
  • Already Home_17
    edited November 2015
    Top 10
    blu197 wrote: »
    Top 25, between 22-25 to be exact, his peak run in the AE was good but wasn't GOATness, they never treated him as one of the permanent Top Guys and it showed in how the way he was booked in his prime, he always went back and forth between the mid card and upper card, where as others like Edge, Jeff, Punk, Angle stayed at the Main Event/Upper card once they reached it.. After the RA Era i didn't care much for him even in the fued with HBK, that fued actually annoyed me, i thought it dragged on way too long and was wasting HBKs final months instead of him doin programs with other guys... Jericho is still one of my favorites tho..

everyone you named went back and forth between the main event and midcard after winning the wwe title

jeff fueded with his matt
    punk fueded with ryback, the wyatts, and shield (I think) after his 400 day title reign

edge, Jericho, and angle won tag team and midcard titles after winning their first world title

and after the Jericho and Michaels fued, Shawn went "bankrupt" and had to be JBL's ? . naw, THAT was a waste of his last few years
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH
    He just wasn't a top guy, don' know how he can be a goat stuck in the mid card the majority of his career WCW, WWE and ECW
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH
    I understand that he's a fan favorite but y'all over rate him
  • Already Home_17
    Top 10
    still waiting on the list of 30 wrestlers you feel are better
  • blu197
    GTFOH

everyone you named went back and forth between the main event and midcard after winning the wwe title

punk fueded with ryback, the wyatts, and shield (I think) after his 400 day title reign

edge, Jericho, and angle won tag team and midcard titles after winning their first world title

and after the Jericho and Michaels fued, Shawn went "bankrupt" and had to be JBL's ? . naw, THAT was a waste of his last few years

Working with mid card talent for a feud here and there isn't going back and forth like how Jericho went back and forth, when Jericho went back to the mid card he was there for a year or two not a month or two like the guys i named... That's like sayin Cena went back and forth bc he held the US Title for awhile just recently, or Bret went back and forth bc he was feuding with HBK when Shawn had the IC Belt.. Not the same...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Top 10
    He just wasn't a top guy, don' know how he can be a goat stuck in the mid card the majority of his career WCW, WWE and ECW

u have to be a "top guy" to be a goat?

pretty much everyone that main events eventually goes back to a run in the "mid card" even cena as we have seen this year.

u say overrated but how? does jericho match and storyline quality mean nothing here?

its not like jericho was mid card enhancement, he was upper mid card in meaningful matches.

with his rivalry vs hbk in 08 he was one of the best heels in recent memory.

jericho/hbk at mania is technically a "mid card" match i suppose, but its mention as much as if not more than the 2 main events.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH
    Yes you have to be a top guy to be considered goat. What does greatest of all time mean to y'all.

I'll make a list tomorrow of dudes better than Jericho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Top 10
    when it comes to this its greatest all around wrestler, not necessarily greatest spot on the card. and jericho was a top guy. u dont have to main event every show to be that. punk main evented more during his whc run than his wwe title run, that doesnt mean he wasnt more of a top guy during the latter.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH
    Nobody is calling Punk a GOAT
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2015
    Top 10
    ok, last 15-20 years, who are goats?
  • Already Home_17
    Top 10

Working with mid card talent for a feud here and there isn't going back and forth like how Jericho went back and forth, when Jericho went back to the mid card he was there for a year or two not a month or two like the guys i named... That's like sayin Cena went back and forth bc he held the US Title for awhile just recently, or Bret went back and forth bc he was feuding with HBK when Shawn had the IC Belt.. Not the same...

but Jericho was in main event matches and fueds every few months between 2001-2005

in his second run with the company he became world champion 3 times in two years

and the other guys you mentioned spent months in the midcard before going back to the main event, notably angle and punk

so idk what program you've been watching all these years

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 15
    Jericho is a top guy and has been since 2000. Being a "top guy" isn't equal to being a full time main event act. Jericho is just like Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Rey and several others that held a meaningful spot on the roster regardless of whether they were in the opening spot or the main event.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    prob top 30ish
  • blu197
    GTFOH
    I don't remember Jericho in any Main Event scenes in 03-05.. Most of his career he was upper midcard/occasional Main Eventer, Jericho was the modern day Roddy Piper with more top belt success... No shame in that..
  • Chi-Town Bully
    GTFOH
    These are the Wrestlers you can argue being the Goat in no particular order. The GOAT list stops with them
    Hogan
    Bret Hart
    Ric Flair
    Shawn Michaels
    The Undertaker
    Sting
    Macho Man
    Steve Austin
    The Rock

The rest I would put ahead of Jericho, they not Goat status but I'll name them before I get to Jericho
    Kurt Angle
    Triple H
    Roddy Piper
    Dusty Rhodes
    John Cena
    Brock Lesnar
    Ricky Steamboat
    Ultimate Warrior
    Jake the Snake Roberts
    Andre The Giant
    Mr Perfect
    ? Foley
    Randy Orton
    Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
    Eddie Guerrero
    Scott Hall/Razor Ramon
    Diamond Dallas Paige

Those are just the wrestlers that I've seen with my own eyes. I didn't name Bruno Samartino or Lou Thesz and Harley Race

Jericho is not a GOAT, he's no where close to it