Worst Film/TV Endings.

Options
2»

Comments

• Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sorry but Sopranos takes the cake and walks the ? outta the store with it...
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    The book I Am Legend is based on has a cool ending but of course Hollywood had to go and ? it up.

How did it end in the book?

In the book he dies in a ritual killing in front of the new vampire people after the girl betrays him having earned his trust to get in his house and take down his defences so the others can get in. They take him back to their new home where he basically realise he is the last man on Earth, the albino vampires are the next step in human civilisation, they are developing a new culture, that they feared and attacked him nightly because they viewed him as their version of the boogeyman. The albino vampire parents told their albimo vampire children not to go out at night and wander too far in case he caught them and killed them, hence his declaration "I am legend". So he realises that he viewed them as monsters but they viewed him the same way and they ? him publicly so they can all witness his death and sleep sound in the knowledge he's gone afterwards.

I'll have to read this soon
  • Dupac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh, John Q woulda been Oscar material if he really killed himself in vain...

The happy ending destroyed the philosophy of the movie
  • Dupac
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    The book I Am Legend is based on has a cool ending but of course Hollywood had to go and ? it up.

In the book he dies in a ritual killing in front of the new vampire people after the girl betrays him having earned his trust to get in his house and take down his defences so the others can get in. They take him back to their new home where he basically realise he is the last man on Earth, the albino vampires are the next step in human civilisation, they are developing a new culture, that they feared and attacked him nightly because they viewed him as their version of the boogeyman. The albino vampire parents told their albimo vampire children not to go out at night and wander too far in case he caught them and killed them, hence his declaration "I am legend". So he realises that he viewed them as monsters but they viewed him the same way and they ? him publicly so they can all witness his death and sleep sound in the knowledge he's gone afterwards.

She gives him pills to "make it easier" but I imagine him strung up post mortem like an evil angel or some ? .

I actually downloaded the audiobook first and then went back to the actual book. Went through the book on my commute in 3 days.

Yea I've been reading a lot of source material lately..
    Right now I'm reading there Dexter books, but I've read Jurassic park, fight club, raylan givens books, and a few others but yea I'm on that
  • Dupac
    Options

She gives him pills to "make it easier" but I imagine him strung up post mortem like an evil angel or some ? .

I actually downloaded the audiobook first and then went back to the actual book. Went through the book on my commute in 3 days.

Yea I've been reading a lot of source material lately..
    Right now I'm reading there Dexter books, but I've read Jurassic park, fight club, raylan givens books, and a few others but yea I'm on that

The Dexter books go off the rails sooner than the TV series.

I like the books, I'm on Dexter final cut now....