Where does Goldberg rank on your GOAT list?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
Goldberg%2B7.png

Where does Goldberg rank on your GOAT list? 25 votes

The GOAT
8%
DOPEdweebzBangEm_Bart 2 votes
Top 5
0%
Top 10
4%
LUClEN 1 vote
Top 15
4%
Serious Juice Mayne 1 vote
GTFOH
84%
willhustleinfamous114kj_da_midwest_mobstajonoMdizzle9000dneez0228IceBergTaylorillestni99ainneKillaChamPanchoYoSanchoAlready Home_17Chi-Town Bullybornagkn33usplayboy buddy roseTheBoyRoTheRicanKingPeezy_JenkinsRawAceLouis DevinearBeefer77 21 votes

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    He doesn't
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The GOAT
    Number 1. I'm about as big as a fan as genocide is with ICP.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So anything outside of top 15 is gtfoh? I don't know exactly but probably top 20-25
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Well I was a WWFer growin up even when Goldberg was doin his streak I wasn't to big a fan but I give him his props for being a beast but out of those choices I'll have to go with gtfoh.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    He doesn't

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    He doesn't

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    GTFOH
    Win/loss record doesn't make the wrestler for me. Goldberg was overrated. He was the GOAT at hurting people, tho.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    And ? him for retiring Bret!
  • jono
    edited November 2015
    Options
    GTFOH
    Gotdamn. Lol I thought more people liked Goldberg. I had a best overall wrestler plan for him too. It might prove to be even more interesting now
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The GOAT
    jono wrote: »
    Gotdamn. Lol I thought more people liked Goldberg. I had a best overall wrestler plan for him too. It might prove to be even more interesting now

Na this forum is predominantly WWF fans. Me and kinggivbiz the only WCW fans.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    i watched wcw heavy from the time goldberg started rising until the end of wcw. as a kid it was like "ok cool", and that was back when i was all "he's a good guy *cheer* he's a bad guy *boo*"

goldberg really was never anything special outside of the hype that was the streak. not a great wrestler, not many great matches, nothing.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH

Na this forum is predominantly WWF fans. Me and kinggivbiz the only WCW fans.

Nope, I watched both and Goldberg squash matches do not put him anywhere near a GOAT list
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Goldberg's entrance might be only 2nd to Undertaker, but it's true in the grand scheme of things looking back there's no classic matches besides Hogan but that was mostly because of the magnitude of the match, you really had to be there for the whole streak I think your lying if you tell me you were there since the beginning and the whole time you were just like "eh nothing special", he was relatively unknown for a good portion of that streak and there were so many unknowns that came and went in and out of the wcw at that time, so no one had any clue but every week it just kept building and building and building and he just became this phenomenon and his streak was the biggest thing going in pro wrestling, and it was refreshing with NWO dominating and flooding everything else, you can't go back and become a fan of Goldberg you really had to be there to appreciate it but I think he deserves more credit than a "gtfoh" when he dominated although not for a long span in time but in the greatest era in wrestling history, top 20
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    He dominated a company full of jobbers,

Hogan
    Sting
    The Giant
    Raven
    Scott Hall
    Curt Hennig
    Diamond Dallas Paige

These the only quality opponents I can think of he beat during the streak
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    It was something like Tyson up until he lost to Buster Douglas, wasn't so much who he was beating but the fashion he was doing it in, plus that's a decent ass resume in a short amount of time
  • jono
    Options
    GTFOH
    I was watching during the Goldberg era but I can't say he was one of my favorite guys. I wasn't nitpicky at the time but he was very Ultimate Warrior to me where he had a cool factor because he was beating everybody but it wasn't like I was a mark for him or watched all his stuff either.

I remember the important streak matches but most of them weren't memorable.

Looking back at it with new perspective, he was cursed with that streak. Its very hard to write for overpowered worldbreakers, its hard in comics too. Goldberg is the Incredible Hulk, he's Superman. its difficult for people to feel sympathy for him
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Pl-Sd8nw8c8

It's easy to pin point all his flaws looking back, but there was nothing like Goldberg up until that point, look how crazy that crowd used to get
  • jono
    Options
    GTFOH
    Its true he was over but there's only so many 5-6 minute matches you can have.
    When he worked longer matches it was cool.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Goldberg's entrance might be only 2nd to Undertaker, but it's true in the grand scheme of things looking back there's no classic matches besides Hogan but that was mostly because of the magnitude of the match, you really had to be there for the whole streak I think your lying if you tell me you were there since the beginning and the whole time you were just like "eh nothing special", he was relatively unknown for a good portion of that streak and there were so many unknowns that came and went in and out of the wcw at that time, so no one had any clue but every week it just kept building and building and building and he just became this phenomenon and his streak was the biggest thing going in pro wrestling, and it was refreshing with NWO dominating and flooding everything else, you can't go back and become a fan of Goldberg you really had to be there to appreciate it but I think he deserves more credit than a "gtfoh" when he dominated although not for a long span in time but in the greatest era in wrestling history, top 20

Goldberg's entrance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Taker's entrance

Goldberg's entrance gets you hyped for a match, Taker's literally puts you to sleep with the lights goin out and slow melodic music playing as he takes 2 hours just to get to the steps
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The GOAT

Exactly, ? lying but I'm just gonna continue sipping my tea.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The GOAT
    I was watching during the Goldberg era but I can't say he was one of my favorite guys. I wasn't nitpicky at the time but he was very Ultimate Warrior to me where he had a cool factor because he was beating everybody but it wasn't like I was a mark for him or watched all his stuff either.

I remember the important streak matches but most of them weren't memorable.

Looking back at it with new perspective, he was cursed with that streak. Its very hard to write for overpowered worldbreakers, its hard in comics too. Goldberg is the Incredible Hulk, he's Superman. its difficult for people to feel sympathy for him

I actually never liked ultimate warrior and can't even compare them. Ultimate warrior was more like a powerhouse sting but with a ? finisher.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The GOAT
    http://youtu.be/Pl-Sd8nw8c8

It's easy to pin point all his flaws looking back, but there was nothing like Goldberg up until that point, look how crazy that crowd used to get

Hoisting a 500 lb guy up into the air off brute strength >>>> placing a 500 pound guy over your shoulders and spinning or carrying him off.