Where does Goldberg rank on your GOAT list?

Options

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    So a guy with zero classic matches and only did squash matches 90% of the time is a GOAT. I honestly believe y'all don't know what GOAT is, first Jericho and now this
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said top 20-25
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    And Jericho is top 15
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Speaking of Jericho and Goldberg

http://youtu.be/5C8a4_4ZDMM

Those Greenberg promos were gold
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The GOAT
    Lol Jericho is definitely not a GOAT to me. I just think Goldberg had thee best marketable undefeatable streak of all time while winning over WCW fans of that time. He knew how to keep quiet, whoop ass and prove his athleticism and dominance in the ring. This is just my preference but he's thee greatest powerhouse of all time. I use to tune in to the end of WCW skip all cruiserweight matches to watch Goldberg embarrass and out wrestle his oppponents when I was a youngin. I use to think he was half black. I was also a big fan of harlem heat. The Damien Marley version of Goldbergs theme use to get me pumped up in the gym.

https://youtu.be/tXFpJrlgd7A

I also disagree with a lot of the ppl in here choices in wrestling. I mean some of y'all are edge and christian fans lmao.
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    So a guy with zero classic matches and only did squash matches 90% of the time is a GOAT. I honestly believe y'all don't know what GOAT is, first Jericho and now this

Goldberg vs Steiner at Fall Brawl is a classic. Goldberg vs Raven was a classic. That's work ratezzzz wise. Goldber beating Hogan for the world title is classic stuff, if you're not a workrate pervert.

Goldberg was ? awesome.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    those matches are decent at best bruh.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2015
    Options
    GTFOH
    the thing about goldberg imo was at best his matches were kinda like that big brawl at the end of a promo, they just got u hype for a second. nothing more nothing less. like i said he and the streak were cool back then when i was younger, then the streak ended and he had that megadeth music which was cool and they became my favorite band. but as i "smartened up" i really saw nothing special bout goldberg besides the streak
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Gotdamn. Lol I thought more people liked Goldberg. I had a best overall wrestler plan for him too. It might prove to be even more interesting now

Na this forum is predominantly WWF fans. Me and kinggivbiz the only WCW fans.

na na....I ? with WCW. To me the sting vs NWO was the greatest storyline ever in wrestling.
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Gotdamn. Lol I thought more people liked Goldberg. I had a best overall wrestler plan for him too. It might prove to be even more interesting now

na na....I ? with WCW. To me the sting vs NWO was the greatest storyline ever in wrestling.

I also ? with WCW heavily. Hogan/Sting had the GOAT build but resulted in a WOAT match at Starrcade. The rematch at Superbrawl 98 wasn't much better.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

Goldberg vs Steiner at Fall Brawl is a classic.

This was in the dying days of WCW, i remember that match because those 2 were exchanging stiff blows all the way throughout it, the physicality on display was immense.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's better than Vince Mcmahon and Doink the clown for sure.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    anyone who peaked in WCW banned from GOAT convo
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The GOAT

This would've been one of the greatest rivalries ever. So ? Bret got injured.
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    It's a WCW ? up of epic proportions. They waited AGES to do anything with them after the above.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The GOAT
    Them 2 should've been at the top of the ranks.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldberg's entrance might be only 2nd to Undertaker, but it's true in the grand scheme of things looking back there's no classic matches besides Hogan but that was mostly because of the magnitude of the match, you really had to be there for the whole streak I think your lying if you tell me you were there since the beginning and the whole time you were just like "eh nothing special", he was relatively unknown for a good portion of that streak and there were so many unknowns that came and went in and out of the wcw at that time, so no one had any clue but every week it just kept building and building and building and he just became this phenomenon and his streak was the biggest thing going in pro wrestling, and it was refreshing with NWO dominating and flooding everything else, you can't go back and become a fan of Goldberg you really had to be there to appreciate it but I think he deserves more credit than a "gtfoh" when he dominated although not for a long span in time but in the greatest era in wrestling history, top 20
    Goldberg's entrance might be only 2nd to Undertaker, but it's true in the grand scheme of things looking back there's no classic matches besides Hogan but that was mostly because of the magnitude of the match, you really had to be there for the whole streak I think your lying if you tell me you were there since the beginning and the whole time you were just like "eh nothing special", he was relatively unknown for a good portion of that streak and there were so many unknowns that came and went in and out of the wcw at that time, so no one had any clue but every week it just kept building and building and building and he just became this phenomenon and his streak was the biggest thing going in pro wrestling, and it was refreshing with NWO dominating and flooding everything else, you can't go back and become a fan of Goldberg you really had to be there to appreciate it but I think he deserves more credit than a "gtfoh" when he dominated although not for a long span in time but in the greatest era in wrestling history, top 20
    Goldberg vs ddp at halloween havoc was probley his best match
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    goldberg really was never anything special outside of the hype that was the streak. not a great wrestler, not many great matches, nothing.
    I was gonna make this exact post. Goldberg was, for the most part, a fad. Even the fans started getting sick of him by the end of the streak. Goldberg's WCW career after Starrcade 98 is pretty forgetful. WCW dropped the ball not having DDP go over Goldberg at Havoc IMO. He was over as hell and that could've pushed him into superstar status.
    ghost! wrote: »

And even that storyline became a mess towards the end. Having Sting win the belt after a year and a half of build up only to strip him of it and only end up having a 7 week run was a joke. Another one of the many times WCW dropped the ball.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The GOAT
    Y'all wwf ? lying. I was a huge Goldberg fan in 98. WCW ratings went up when Bill wrestled and declined during the first hour or so. Just cause y'all bias ? hate him don't mean everyone else do.

tumblr_inline_nz0czeLnJH1r1zhbu_500.gif

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Goldberg was ass, don't let the wack ass streak of beating nobodies fool you
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    GTFOH
    anyone who peaked in WCW banned from GOAT convo

so sting and flair banned, foh lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    GTFOH
    not liking goldberg has nothing to do with being a wwf or wcw guy. most of us were just bored with bruh after the streak ended. i was still flipping back and forth between channels tho.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Y'all wwf ? lying. I was a huge Goldberg fan in 98. WCW ratings went up when Bill wrestled and declined during the first hour or so. Just cause y'all bias ? hate him don't mean everyone else do.

tumblr_inline_nz0czeLnJH1r1zhbu_500.gif

Ain't nobody lying. I liked Goldberg, but grew tired of him like many others cause he had nothing more to add after the streak. 90% of his career was the streak. He was nothing special on the mic or in the ring to consider him an all-time great. I can't take anyone serious who puts him in their top 10. Top 30-40 maybe, but that's it.
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The GOAT
    I don't care to listen to these white ? whining on the mic. The only ones I could tolerate were Rock and Austin. Goldberg accomplished what I wanted to see in the ring, body ? left and right, say who's next and leave. He sold out shows every Monday night. Me and my boys would wait til 10pm to see him embarrass and holt up 400 lb ? like big show and every member of NWO night after night. Goldberg was to me what Brock is of this generation. Just squash these cornball ass crackers like they ain't ? and leave. I would laugh at Ric Flair as his face turned red screaming wooooo and spit flairing out his mouth rambling ? like a disgruntled racist white privileged co-worker but more so I was laughing at him. I was never a fan of the American hero type wrestlers as I'm more of a ? america kinda guy. Bret is in my top 5 cause he's an all around great character and wrestler, no gimmicks, just a real canadian ? . Taker is there because well...he's taker but as the years progress they kept bringing his old 85 year old ass back out of vintage hq and ? me off. He should've been done after Brock.

My only favorite wrestler of this generation is Kevin Owens and the Wyatts sometimes.