Explain the Les Miles situation

Options
StoneColdMikey
StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
What the ? happen? Wasn't 3 weeks ago they were a top 5 team and now tomorrow his last day??? What happen? I'm out the loop

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't understand it either.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unless some ? ? happened that we dont know about this is a travesty
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes producing the most NFL talent and finishing in the middle of the Pack in the SEC west 3 years in a row.

He should get one more year IMO

Not to win the whole thing but to at least get to the SECCG.

Anything short of winning the SEC West next year would be a failure next year.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know he gets paid heavily but why fire him? He hasn't lost the locker room and the team is 7-3. SEC fans want their team to win 3 college football playoff titles in one month or the season is a failure. Unless there is some ? on the low like violations they are covering up or something he did this is a dumb mistake. You get ? 7 wins in the sec even this year where they fell off slightly you still deserve to stay.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I agree with the NFL talent production. I'm conflicted about it though. On one hand, I want him to stay because I like how players play for him and how he motivates. On the other hand, I have a problem with his stubbornness on offense, the non-development of QB and poor time management. It also doesn't help that the most recent time we've played Alabama. Last time we beat them was when it was 9-6 game then we eventually got shut out in the NC game.
    Do I believe he deserves another year? Yes strictly because of how young our team is. We should be way better next year.
    But I also see the argument of wanting something fresh. The problem with that is any coach that comes in after him is gonna be expected to win a championship right away. That's a tough task. It's not that you get years to develop your team but it's gonna take a handful of games. It's not fair but these boosters and some fans have made it this way.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He gotta win the SEC west next year.

His last 3 years been very very very average in conference play.

It's really in his fault on he runs his offense.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Losing to bama aint the end of the the world. What's wrong with going 11-1? And beating a powerf conference in a bowl game? Reality will show once les leaves and those recruiting classes shrink up and they start running the spread with no defense . They will become Texas a&m Smh
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because he's not Nick Saban and they're not Alabama.

Alot of coaches in the SEC bout to get fired because they can't keep up with Saban.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Losing to bama aint the end of the the world. What's wrong with going 11-1? And beating a powerf conference in a bowl game? Reality will show once les leaves and those recruiting classes shrink up and they start running the spread with no defense . They will become Texas a&m Smh

His conference record the last 3 years has been trash bruh.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

His conference record the last 3 years has been trash bruh.

His overall body of work should count for something. Yall gonna see tho grass aint gonna be greener
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Nothing's more important then winning conference games bruh.

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two words... Some ? ... Les is the coolest coach Ive ever been around and his players Will run thru a wall for him.. He's the reason I'm a lsu fan in the first place... Him, Josh Henson and jamarcus.. The reason I wanted lsu over over Any other school.. We win 9 games on average in the hardest conference, got a championship, and always in the hunt... The only thing I don't like is the qb situation but I mean, we beat teams with better situations than us... Who we replacing him with?? Watch lane kiffin get this job.. That wack ass ? stay getting jobs he doesn't deserve
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao enjoy Lane Kiffin LSU fans
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He gets compared to Saban ..... That's really what it boils down to .,.... And comparatively speaking his teams have underachieved in comparison to bamma ....the fact that school has produced so much NFL talent makes it worse
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Lmfao enjoy Lane Kiffin LSU fans

Don't wish that evil on us Ricky Bobby
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tbh...there are a couple coaches that can pick up where he left off and take LSU to a higher ceiling

You give credit to what he's done but it is what it is

Think Urban Meyer- John Cooper at OSU

Think Urban Meyer-Spurrier at UF

As an outsider im tired of LSU eeking out wins vs avg teams. Terrible offense. Not only have they not recruited well at QB---actually scratch that, this is college. No excuse for a major SEC team not to MAKE a qb succeed regardless if he got nfl talent. Look at Ole Miss Chad Kelly, Dak Prescott, Mizzou Blaine Gabbert, even South Carolina had the Garcia kid. How u got game managers at the COLLEGE level? !?! Where everybody eats. No excuse, i don't fault them

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LSU has definitely regressed over the last three years, but the almighty SEC puts coaches under the gun early and often. Les should get crazy leeway with his tenure there, but with Bama constantly wrecking folk year after year, people expect their schools to run with them.
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are LSU, you can't constantly get embarassed by Bama. He has talent players at skill positions that aren't properly utilized. And we are tired of having ? QBs.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Spencer Ware 17 rushes 114 yards 1 TD
    Alfred Blue 16 rushes 77 yards 1 TD
    Jeremy Hill 16 carries 86 yards

Jarvis Landry 13 rec 165 yards 1 TD
    ODB JR 9 rec 142 yards 1 TD
    Even R. Randall caught a TD today with his lazy ass.

Mathieu
    Minter
    Peterson
    Reid

All 4 of them balled today in that Arizona vs San francisco game.

Kwon Alexander did a good job today.

And I can name a lot more players from LSU that played together these last 5 years.

That's why we mad.

He's too stubborn to change his offense with all that firepower he have on offense.

Les better open up the offense next year a lil bit more.

We ain't asking to go 60-40 pass

But 70-30 run ain't gon do it.

50-50 that's all we want.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he cant beat bama. Bama has been practically the only team keeping him from national title games

now....its ? up that if you lose the conference title game, and you got Alabama lurking, they can jump you to play in the title game (this was pre playoff, but im sure the same thing could've happened had LSU not lost to them)

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Spencer Ware 17 rushes 114 yards 1 TD
    Alfred Blue 16 rushes 77 yards 1 TD
    Jeremy Hill 16 carries 86 yards

Jarvis Landry 13 rec 165 yards 1 TD
    ODB JR 9 rec 142 yards 1 TD

Even R. Randall caught a TD today with his lazy ass.

Mathieu
    Minter
    Peterson
    Reid

All 4 of them balled today in that Arizona vs San francisco game.

Kwon Alexander did a good job today.

And I can name a lot more players from LSU that played together these last 5 years.

That's why we mad.

He's too stubborn to change his offense with all that firepower he have on offense.

Les better open up the offense next year a lil bit more.

We ain't asking to go 60-40 pass

But 70-30 run ain't gon do it.

50-50 that's all we want.

Im aware of the LSU ? eatin but the bold is just ridiculous lmao
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    he cant beat bama. Bama has been practically the only team keeping him from national title games

now....its ? up that if you lose the conference title game, and you got Alabama lurking, they can jump you to play in the title game (this was pre playoff, but im sure the same thing could've happened had LSU not lost to them)

Not just that, but Les has been losing to the Arkansas and Ole Miss squads of the world a lot more frequently.

I believe he's something like 20-12 in SEC games since like 2012 or something like that and 5-5 in bowl games during Les tenure; that is very average for the amount of talent he fields on Saturdays.

Not you but outside observers and people who really don't follow the program look at Les winning 8-10 games a year and say oh he must be a good coach, but what they don't see is Les inability to groom or recruit a decent QB, his poor clock management on offense, and his inability to devise an efficient offensive game plan in big games which are all reflections upon coaching.

Les better swallow his pride and hire an offensive coordinator and turn over all play calling duties on offense to him, because if he loses a game or two early on next year with the talent he has returning and the recruiting class he has coming in he could likely find himself right back on the hot seat.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well he has pretty much the entire team returning next season along with the #1 recruiting class. If he cant at least win the SEC West next season then his time if up.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Well he has pretty much the entire team returning next season along with the #1 recruiting class. If he cant at least win the SEC West next season then his time if up.

what if he goes undefeated then loses to bama in nov? 11-1 is a failure?