No Longer A ? : Black Teen Famous for Conservative Viral Videos Breaks Away from the GOP...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.mediaite.com/online/teen-famous-for-conservative-viral-videos-breaks-away-from-the-gop/
A 13-year old who got famous in the conservative media for videos criticizing President Obama and others is now saying he can no longer stand by the Republican party.

The first video on CJ Pearson‘s YouTube page––posted back in January––is titled “President Obama: Do you really love America?” He’s posted plenty of other videos on issues from Hillary Clinton to radical liberals to plenty of race issues over the past years.

When the president invited Ahmed Mohamed to the White House after the now-infamous clock incident, Pearson posted a video asking, “When cops are gunned down, you don’t invite them to the White House. You never did. But when a Muslim kid builds a clock, come on by. What is this world you’re living in?”

And on top of all that, he worked for a time as chairman for Teens for Ted, a youth group backing Ted Cruz.

But Pearson told CNN in a report out tonight that he can no longer be a “champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination.”

He explained, “I don’t want to be the conservative wonder kid that people follow because I make them feel good and like young people are part of their movement. I want to be followed because I’m the voice of a generation that doesn’t have a voice at the table.”

Pearson said he left Teens for Ted because Cruz wasn’t doing enough youth outreach, and made it clear “my views on the issues aren’t going to be dictated by one political platform or another.” He also apparently started to think about this decision after the video was released of Laquan McDonald being shot multiple times by the police.

It’s worth noting that one of his earliest videos, Pearson made an appeal to the Republican party to engage more with young people, saying “We can’t continue to be a party of old white guys.”

Now, there’s another reason why Pearson’s name might sound familiar. Back in September, he claimed that Obama blocked him on Twitter. The White House denied it and there were some questions about whether Pearson faked it. In the end, Pearson admitted to TheBlaze it was a hoax.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened quickly
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the group that was managing him get caught up trying to pull a scam? (allegedly)

Something about them making a fictional person that was stalking and attacking him on twitter for being a black repub, then asking for sympathy donations.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a ? , Always a ? !!!!!!!

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, this is a 13 year old kid. He's probablyy old enough now to not be influenced by adults around him now
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    He' is so theatrical and prepared ..needs to stop going to bs seminars

i once was lost but now im found.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's no love if yall don't accept him back after he had a change of heart
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    there's no love if yall don't accept him back after he had a change of heart

He gotta prove it tho
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Lil homie must've gotten his first piece of ? .

Thats all it takes
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    He must've had the illest wake up call ever.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need an understanding of the proper use of "? ".

A ? is an ignorant buffoon ass ? , who play to every negative stereotype, shamelessly shucking and jiving because they actually just don't know any better. An embarrassment to the race nonetheless.

House ? willfully capitulate to what they think "? " wants. Purposefully turning a blind eye to the truth, they know full well about the schemes and injustices of their oppressor. Seeking validation and separation from the rest of us as one of the good "ones" or as Paul Mooney calls it "the illusion of inclusion". House ? , in my book is worse than a ? , because they do know better.

This kid wasn't a ? , he was an aspiring house ? who fortunately got his ? wake up call early. He still got some reconciling to do but I'm glad he started on his path to black redemption.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was clearly playing into stereotypes... so by your definition he was a ? ...
  • Inglewood_B

By my definition

? = Young Thug
    House ? = Ben Carson

Use the critical thinking you opted not to use the first time and tell me which category he falls into
  • Brother_Five

By my definition

? = Young Thug
    House ? = Ben Carson

Use the critical thinking you opted not to use the first time and tell me which category he falls into

first of all those terms are not mutually exclusive...
    second, by your own definition, he is a ? . he clearly played into the stereotype of "black republican". his whole schtick is a shuck and jive.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 yr old kids are some of the stupidest ppl on the planet so i dont blame him for being an idiot GOPer.

The way he swooned over ted cruz though. Bet you anything he grows up to be a ? .

• Inglewood_B

By my definition

? = Young Thug
    House ? = Ben Carson

first of all those terms are not mutually exclusive...
    second, by your own definition, he is a ? . he clearly played into the stereotype of "black republican". his whole schtick is a shuck and jive.

Seems like you trying too hard to disagree with me...

I said cooning was playing into the NEGATIVE stereotypes. To the people this kid was trying to impress "black republican" doesn't fall into negative stereotype. It isn't even a negative stereotype in my eyes. I got a ton of respect for black republicans like Condi Rice and Colin Powell.

The negative stereotypes and "shuck and jiving" for a check ? I was referring to is more in line with a ? ? like Flava Flav.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited November 2015
    Do this... Google image "zip ? stereotype". See if that matches your definition of house ?
  • Brother_Five
    Im not trying hard at all. many ppl consider the 'black republican' a negative persona.
    he was clearly playing into that negative stereotype for applause.
    its 2015... the term ? has evolved. u don't have to put on blackface and red lipstick to be a ? .
  • Inglewood_B
    It evolved because people been using it wrong applying it to whatever ? black folks do that they hate.

This kid had house ? tendencies which in my eyes is way worse
  • Brother_Five
    words evolve. simple fact of life.
    it is possible to be a house ? and a ? .
    at the end of the day, he was/is a ? .
    his parents should be investigated for child abuse.