Battle Of the Modern Day Die Hard. The Raid vs Dredd

Options
2»

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Raid
    dredd is an awesome movie but just isnt on the level of the raid.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dredd
    Ima peep the Raid out this week.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dredd
    Never saw the raid. If you've never seen dredd then you need to.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The Raid
    Beta wrote: »
    I didn't really like the raid 2...action was cool of course but i felt like they were tryna do too much with the story.

First one was more gritty...

2nd one didn't have the charm of the first

Good movie but I would watch the first twice over the 2nd

Cs. Having the entire first movie in one place kinda threw it off when they had all the different locations in the second one. Not that i expected the same thing for a sequel but...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Raid
    The raid was vastly superior and Raid 1 and 2 were quite different, but the same story. The Drug kingpin and the distributor, so it makes sense why raid 2 wasn't in one place.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't really like the raid 2...action was cool of course but i felt like they were tryna do too much with the story.

Cs. Having the entire first movie in one place kinda threw it off when they had all the different locations in the second one. Not that i expected the same thing for a sequel but...

I believe the mark of a good sequel is something that expands the mythology and the world it sets in a lot more than the the idea it was founded on...which it does by moving the story onto the gangs and the city.You can't really bemoan the lack of ambition shown for the sequel, my only complaints would be its a tad too long, and they really didn't need the whole arc where they resurrected the dude who played mad dog just for the sake of a hit,but that's coming after numerous viewings of it.

i'd be hard pressed to argue how many sequels have come out in the last decade as good as the raid 2, probably just a handful imo.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The Raid

It just seemed like Americans got ahold of it lol

But the fight at the end made up for a lot of that film's shortcomings

And cosign on homie who played mad dog being there just for fan service and even though he wasn't the same character, you can't follow him up from the last movie to not being the bad ass that he was

And andi.....sighs
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Raid
    Saw dredd after the raid and thought it was a poor man version of it
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've yet to see The Raid but have heard great things about it so I'll definitely check it out. Dredd is highly slept on though and Mama is a sick bastard .
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Raid
    Raid ? on every single action movie of this century including fury road and dredd.