What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Redman dropping history and knowledge, speaks on Jay Z

water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in The Reason
Not sure if this has been posted yet... Kinda of took a jab at Jay too haha

Great to see Red out of character and dropping history though... Red is definitely mad underrated and one of the most consistent rappers in history tbh... Seems a very smart dude and switched on too, very impressive interview... Not surprising his new music sounds dope, he smashed them classics too...

'Fck trying to balance with the new school, Im not trying to gain no new fans, theres enough 90s fans that still cool as hell that will get our music, no one is selling 1million records, we make music to stay on the road' well said...

'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
RawAcebigbird_1SneakDZAsupergangsterdnyce215Built 4 cuban linx_Goldie_achewon87blatalianking hassansapp08_2001MECCA1000DillaDeafemaculateTsotsi Cape Townhiphop12345nujerz84  Colin$mackabi$hSionnillerthekidoptimisticillestni99ainneLincolnBender RodriguezLab Babysouth4lifeThereal_bavictory_kidiron man1bigev240jee504xxCivicxxChi SnowWhoisDonG???onetoughmiracleYoung StefI.B. BlackmanIntelligent_Hoodlum power_wisdomJoshuaMoshua  PanchoYoSancho

Replies

• supergangstersupergangster Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Redmannn
    Say what's up to the broke nigga at the rich party
    Who the fuck let this nigga in?
    Do I look like I give a fuck? Sorry
    Redmannn

polls_bush_pmm107_3211_78719_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Good interview
    water ur seeds
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence I'm Faceless Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my faves. I'll be checking for this mudface.
    Sorry Sierra Leone, one day we'll right the wrongs.
    water ur seedshiphop12345
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What he say about jay z?
  • blatalianblatalian I B Dat...Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    What he say about jay z?

Every interview I've ever seen from Red he always gives Jay props...I'm gonna watch this just to see what he said...
    Redman is funny as hell he is also a great rapper. He is around top 15.
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence I'm Faceless Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    What he say about jay z?

He didn't really diss jay. He just spoke on his presidency at def jam. Said he was put in a tough spot similar to how obama had to come in after Bush.
    Sorry Sierra Leone, one day we'll right the wrongs.
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @supergangster

why you change your comment from 'PRODIGY' to 'Redmannn' making me look stupid lol
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
    achewon87aneed123Young Stef
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay was focusing on breaking new artist during his def jam presidency, and it worked. Jeezy, rihanna, Rick Ross and Ne-Yo panned out pretty well, kanye also got alotta of attention (well deserved might I add)..sucks it came at the expense of meth, red, DMX, Joe budden and LL (maybe not so much LL)

Btw Redman murked that performance, saw him n meth on that hard knock life tour and them dudes was wild n fun to watch. Then DMX followed them up, truth be told Jay was prob the least enjoyable act on that bill
    RawAcedeakino
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKPosts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay was focusing on breaking new artist during his def jam presidency, and it worked. Jeezy, rihanna, Rick Ross and Ne-Yo panned out pretty well, kanye also got alotta of attention (well deserved might I add)..sucks it came at the expense of meth, red, DMX, Joe budden and LL (maybe not so much LL)

Btw Redman murked that performance, saw him n meth on that hard knock life tour and them dudes was wild n see to watch. Then DMX followed them up, truth be told Jay was prob the least enjoyable act on that bill

Nah LL had a problem with him as well

Tsotsi Cape TownYoung Stef

Btw Redman murked that performance, saw him n meth on that hard knock life tour and them dudes was wild n see to watch. Then DMX followed them up, truth be told Jay was prob the least enjoyable act on that bill

Nah LL had a problem with him as well

I was aware of the issue he had w hov..I meant I didn't really care too much bout hov putting those other artist ahead of LL
    RawAceYoung Stef
    But thanks for the videos
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Good drop fam. Sway arguably has the best interviews for conversations about music.

Yeah no doubt, Sway is the GOAT... He never fails to deliver great interviews...

aUPgli.gif
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heather B was hyped as hell when Redman talked about Club Sensations. I was too young to go but I remember hearing the stories about the place.
    deakino
  • southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shit had me rolling talking about they was spending 2-3 racks every Friday on cheese and sushi lol
    MECCA1000Young StefIntelligent_Hoodlum