Redman dropping history and knowledge, speaks on Jay Z

2»

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LL never had problems with me take this picture for instance I see nothing but respect and admiration in his eyes

LL-Cool-J-deathstare.jpg

This pic and quote got me in stitches over here
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Jay was focusing on breaking new artist during his def jam presidency, and it worked. Jeezy, rihanna, Rick Ross and Ne-Yo panned out pretty well, kanye also got alotta of attention (well deserved might I add)..sucks it came at the expense of ? , red, DMX, Joe budden and LL (maybe not so much LL)

Btw Redman murked that performance, saw him n ? on that hard knock life tour and them dudes was wild n fun to watch. Then DMX followed them up, truth be told Jay was prob the least enjoyable act on that bill

hart.png

Before jay started pushing those new artist, most of the attention in the def jam building was going to the older established artist.
    From a business perspective it worked, those artist basically ran the music industry for a few years after they albums came out. It also worked musically rihanna and Ne-Yo took over pop music and jeezy, ross and kanye had a good run. It just sucks that all that happened bc def jam stopped pushing some of my favorite rappers like X, ? , red and Joe budden. Well budden never got any love over there especially when he started ? on the label.

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redman the illest.