So when it comes to a smartphone what features do you look for?

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    iPhone 6s Plus is the best phone . Wonderful battery life. Even with constant use. Screen is big and beautiful.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I got an HTC One M8 early last year and the battery life on it is still spectacular

I don't think I've ever had a Samsung phone, all (2 of)my smartphones have been HTC.

Evo 4G then this

Ur lucky. The one I had was trash
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iPhone 6s Plus is the best phone . Wonderful battery life. Even with constant use. Screen is big and beautiful.

I have this now and it's wonderful
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

any difference beside size between the 6s plus and 6s?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An iPhone ...

Simplicity is beautiful
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    An iPhone ...

Simplicity is beautiful

I could explain why Droids are much better phones from a straight hardware/technological point of view but I do that all the time and it's usually a waste of my energy

The Apple advertising machine has effectively brainwashed the masses. Most people own iPhones yet couldn't tell you why or how they're better than a Droid or a Windows phone(Hint: they're not)

They also couldn't tell you why they feel the compulsion to buy the newest one every 4-6 months

I believe Futurama did an iPhone episode that was pretty accurate
  • xxCivicxx
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I got an HTC One M8 early last year and the battery life on it is still spectacular

I don't think I've ever had a Samsung phone, all (2 of)my smartphones have been HTC.

Evo 4G then this

I'm not lucky

I know what I'm doing lol

My major was computer engineering
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    An iPhone ...

Simplicity is beautiful

I could explain why Droids are much better phones from a straight hardware/technological point of view but I do that all the time and it's usually a waste of my energy

Here's the thing - most people don't give af about the hardware technological pov.

All of that is moot if it doesent add up to a better user experience... At the end of the day, it's a smartphone.

You reach a point of diminishing returns with all that extra ? .

This is comin from a dude that was exclusively Android for several years... Purchased Nexus models ... Rooted to the latest Roms; OS updates etc

At this point for me, there just isn't that much of a difference between top tier smartphones in the areas that matter. iPhone has less overbearing ? , a better ecosystem, less fragmentation, and better flagship features.

Their marketing is GOAT tho
  • Peace_79

I'll tell you what though, the first premium smartphone that comes out their and figures out how to extend battery life to will get my money.

Of all the tehnology advancements in the past decade, battery tech has stood still.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    AggyAF wrote: »

any difference beside size between the 6s plus and 6s?

The plus has the better battery the regular sized one .
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battery life and storage.
  • xxCivicxx
    An iPhone ...

Simplicity is beautiful

Here's the thing - most people don't give af about the hardware technological pov.

All of that is moot if it doesent add up to a better user experience... At the end of the day, it's a smartphone.

This is comin from a dude that was exclusively Android for several years... Purchased Nexus models ... Rooted to the latest Roms; OS updates etc

At this point for me, there just isn't that much of a difference between top tier smartphones in the areas that matter. iPhone has less overbearing ? , a better ecosystem, less fragmentation, and better flagship features.

But this is not true at all. The iPhone is just simpler to use. This is why people prefer the phone.

And the trade-off for the phone being simpler to use is that you're not allowed to improve on the phone.

Most popular new apps are developed on Droids and ported to Apple products because Apple severely restricts app development on their phones and they will stop a good app from going public if they don't own it

And they were waaaaay behind Droids with 4G technology. Why do you think that was?
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    It's actually not that much "simpler to use" ...
    That's all preference and perspective.

The entire proposition is just more "simple".

• OS update? Boom you got it, no waiting; rooting, version control etc
    • Want a particular style of OS or feature set - you know what to expect - it doesent vary by brand or phone model etc
    • Want accessories, technical support, product availability, resell value - you got it

Why do you need to "improve" on one of the best smartphones ever created?

It's not that serious...

And Lol...The iOS App Store has plenty of Apps, bruh... Over Half a million or something.

Whatever "lag time" you speak of is negligible to the average consumer.
    If you need an App, you can find one that suits your needs easily.

Why was Android first to 4G?

Because that's what they do... They push the boundaries of technology.

The Motorolla Atrix was first to Fingerprint scanning Technology too...

But...
    Would you agree that Apple's implementation was better executed?

Bottom line - everybody with an iPhone isn't a blind sheep oblivious to technology ...

Some people just think the phone and the overall experience is just better for their needs.
  • xxCivicxx
    It's actually not that much more "simple to use" ...

• Want a particular style of OS or feature set - you know what to expect - it doesent vary by brand or phone model etc
    • Want accessories, technical support, product availability, resell value - you got it

And why do you need to "improve" on one of the best smartphones ever created?

It's not that serious...

And Lol...The iOS App Store has plenty of Apps, bruh... Over Half a million or something.

But...

Bottom line - everybody with an iPhone isn't a blind sheep oblivious to technology ...

Some people just think the phone and the overall experience is just better for their needs.

No disrespect but you really just said the same thing I did.

iPhones are simpler for you to use and you were caught by the advertising. iPhone users never want to admit this though

You're speaking as a consumer, not as a person who understands hardware
  • xxCivicxx

It's not that serious...

But...

And fyi most major technological advancements come from people tinkering with hardware/software as a hobby

Then big business companies(like Apple) buy them out
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015

It's not that serious...

But...

And fyi most major technological advancements come from people tinkering with hardware/software as a hobby

Then big business companies(like Apple) buy them out

Never claimed anything to the contrary.

Thing is, as a consumer I don't care who did it first or even where it originated from - I care who did it best and how it impacts my life ...

And why do you need to "improve" on one of the best smartphones ever created?

It's not that serious...

But...

No disrespect but you really just said the same thing I did.

iPhones are simpler for you to use and you were caught by the advertising
    . iPhone users never want to admit this though

You're speaking as a consumer, not as a person who understands hardware

Of course I'm speaking as a consumer - it's a ? product!

Hilarious.

And if you think what I said amounts to - "the IPhone OS is simpler to use", you got tunnel vision, bruh.
    More power to you tho...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even know what rooting is
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call, Text, Internet.

Basically
  • ZuluQueen
    ZuluQueen Members Posts: 190
    edited December 2015

Evo 4G then this

I'm not lucky

Can you explain why my Galaxy s6 and one M9 run slow compared to my iPhone 6 which has many apps on it? Both my droids have barley any apps on them and they both run slow, crash all the time, but my iPhone runs like butter, and have yet to even have one crash.

Can you also explain why the apps on my iPhone look, and are designed better, and also run better than the same apps on my droids? And also why does the apps on my iPhone get updated faster than the apps on my droid? Sometime it takes 2 week for an app update to appear on Android.
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    ZuluQueen wrote: »

Evo 4G then this

I'm not lucky

Can you explain why my Galaxy s6 and one M9 run slow compared to my iPhone 6 which has many apps on it? Both my droids have barley any apps on them and they both run slow, crash all the time, but my iPhone runs like butter, and have yet to even have one crash.

You have to learn how to ...

An iPhone ...

Simplicity is beautiful

"...improve on the phone."

It's one of the many benefits to Android
  • xxCivicxx

Evo 4G then this

I'm not lucky

Like I said before, I don't mess with Samsung phones, but "barely any apps" means "I have apps"

All it takes is one app that isn't consistently updated by it's creator and it will ? your phone up whenever it updates it's operating system

The first thing I would do is delete 1 app a day until your phone speeds up

Or if you wanna skip all that, restore your phone to factory settings and add 1 app a day to see where the problem is(because it's most likely an app problem)
    Can you also explain why the apps on my iPhone look, and are designed better, and also run better than the same apps on my droids? And also why does the apps on my iPhone get updated faster than the apps on my droid? Sometime it takes 2 week for an app update to appear on Android.

Most people are attracted to shiny things. Looks don't affect functionality. At all

And to say your apps run better/faster is completely false lol

Apple is consistently monitoring you and your actions, and you gave them permission to, and that's why the forcefully install more ? on your phone than Droid companies

And also Droids are better by nature because there are more companies competing to produce the best product(a Droid phone), whereas Apple only competes with itself, seeing as many iPhone owners will buy anything new that Apple puts out, just because it's new

Much like the Air Jordan sneaker series

But I'm sleep

Let me know how those phones work out
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple logo...

i used to have androids but they only last me about 2 years on average before they start to ? up. Apple's ? just works..and for a long time
  • xxCivicxx
    Stiff wrote: »
    Apple logo...

i used to have androids but they only last me about 2 years on average before they start to ? up. Apple's ? just works..and for a long time

How long have you had 1 iPhone?

More than a year?

I don't know too many people who've had the same iPhone for more than a year. I see people upgrading every 6 months or so

So 2 years for a smartphone is spectacular

I had my Evo for almost 4 years
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    Apple logo...

How long have you had 1 iPhone?

More than a year?

I don't know too many people who've had the same iPhone for more than a year. I see people upgrading every 6 months or so

So 2 years for a smartphone is spectacular

I had my Evo for almost 4 years

I had my iphone4 for 3 years and it still worked a1 when I upgraded to the 6plus earlier this year which is what I have now

Before that I had the g1 and then got the g2 and they both lasted roughly 2 years a piece if that