The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We noted yesterday here on the website that TNA Wrestling officials suspended Matt Hardy due to continuously arriving late to live events. In an update on this, the suspension was also due in part to the video he posted online of himself urging Jeff Hardy to stun Reby Sky (Matt's girlfriend) with a taser, "among other reasons." Basically, several things had been building up and they suspended him.

Hardy was left off last week's iMPACT! Wrestling tapings in Orlando, Florida due to the aforementioned reasons.

As noted earlier, Matt Hardy tweeted the following statement in response to the online reports: "Just checked out the headlines on the 'net.. They make me smile :-) Everything's cool in life-luv it! It's 95 out but I'm not sweating ;)"

It was announced at the SD! tapings in Hershey, Pennsylvania that Randy Orton will defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Christian at the WWE Money in the Bank PPV on Sunday, July 17 in Chicago, Illinois.

This week's three-hour "Power to the People" edition of RAW drew a 3.08 (3.1) cable rating. The normal two-hour slot scored a 3.26 (3.3) cable rating.

TMZ.com reported Tuesday that Scott Hall was sentenced to ten days in Seminole County Jail for resisting arrest last May. The story also notes that his jail time was reduced to two days for time served. According to a source, that the story is incorrect as just two days were cut off his sentence. That means he'll be serving eight days and not two as TMZ reported.

Hall will enter jail on July 5 and be released on July 13.

There are differing opinions from within WWE as to CM Punk's status with the company. A lot of people believe that he's done, though others think he's either re-signed or is about to. Of course, the tweets he has sent out are identical to his ROH angle in the Summer of 2005.
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shawn's thoughts on Scott Hall missing his Hall Of Fame induction: "You have to admire him, You've gotta start somewhere and I remember Kevin telling me and me thinking 'you know what, that's gotta be a good start. The fact that he is aware of it and I think that's good as that's what we all want for (him). I know every one is (sympathetic) and everyone cares about Scott and we all do and I was actually really happy to hear that he's at least aware of it to the point where he can make a statement like that. As we discussed that night, we all know there is going to be several other Hall Of Fame moments for some of the dudes in our group."

Shawn's thoughts on his induction into the Hall Of Fame: "It's one of those things like winning your first world championship that you always tell people about and its moments like that when it is all real. It doesn't matter what all the naysayers say about our line of work and those moments. It's the most real thing in the world and to get to share it with your present family and your work family and the guys that were the only family I had for many years on the road and being acknowledged in my line of work and having all the people, my extended family (there), it is very easy for me to well up and cry like a baby when I think about it because there is such an attachment for me to all of those people….. There is such a special connection from me to the people and I think it's because they they knew how I felt about that line of work and how much it meant to me."

Shawn's thoughts on how the product has changed: "I don't wanna be one of those old timers that continually knock everything because on one hand it's very tough on the younger talent these days as they are not having the luxury of what we had which is years of experience and countless matches with countless different styles before we came to the WWE. They are getting thrown from the frying pan into the fire."

Shawn's thoughts a return to WWE: "One, honestly I really don't watch much right now and I do that purposely. I'll tune in every now and then and I'll tune in for a little bit then see something that I don't care for and I go away. The reason I do that is because if I watch and I see something I don't like and I turn away, I know that I'm not ready to come back and look at it objectively yet . I think there will be a time when I'd like to come back and help and contribute in the back if needed but to do that, I feel like I need to have a real washed, clean, objective, constructive point of view and for me personally, it feels like while I was working, I did not watch that much as I always felt I was too close to it to be objective."

Shawn's thoughts on John Morrison: "His name comes up a lot, and a lot of people say 'I like him but…' and he's a young guy and it's my understanding that he just got injured and as much as you hate hearing about a guy getting injured, it's never good but at the same time, I remember telling John Cena when he got hurt, 'Dude they need to see you come back'. It's part of the 'warrior making' stage and so I think John (Morrison) as the kids like to say, 'He has to get some street cred'. He's got to take some lumps, gotta take on a couple of scars, get beaten up a little but I certainly think there is potential there. He certainly has all the physical attributes that he needs. He is a sweetheart of a guy and I think that is what hurts him, I just don't think he has a bad bone in his body."

Shawn on why he choose not to hold the World Title one last time: "No, No I didn't. That's (holding the belt) is a full time commitment and the guy that does that needs to make every show, doing absolutely everything and that just wasn't for me. The deal with me coming back was still worth quite a bit but I didn't do all the live events and I was taking (time after) ? near every WrestleMania off. That was just something, it was more important to me just to come back and I'm gonna be honest, I like it more than the way I did. I know there are some people like 'You only held the world title this many times'. I just didn't think it (was fair), I think the guy who does that needs to be the work horse and I no way wanted to be that."
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There will be a pre-taped segment tonight on iMPACT! featuring Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam. This will set up a match between them at the Destination X pay per-view on July 10th.
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mason Ryan suffered an injury outside the ring and is expected to be out anywhere from six weeks to six months. WWE claimed on RAW that the injury occurred at a house show but we're told that is not the case. More as we get it

Sal Corrente sent out the following today: Official Statement Regarding Bruno Sammartino From “The Big Cheese” Sal Corrente - We want to address any rumors regarding Bruno Sammartino and his current health situation. If you have read Bruno’s Autobiography you are aware that he had Rheumatic Fever as a child that caused damage to the valves in his heart. He was very sick for three plus years and came very close to dying as a child. It clearly didn’t affect him for many years he grew strong and had great stamina in the ring. It was recently discovered that the valves had detriorated and had to be replaced immediately. He has had the surgery and began a rehabilitation process that should last around three months. I have been told that Bruno’s doctor’s expect a full recovery and he should have the heart of a forty year old man when the rehab is complete.
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    While some people backstage knew it was coming, CM Punk’s shoot promo on Monday Night RAW certainly had everyone buzzing. When Punk started talking about being “a Paul Heyman guy,” and referenced controversial, past WWE names like Brock Lesnar, many wrestlers watching on the monitor were said to be “simply and solidly stunned” according to one WWE Superstar we spoke with, and several others were trying to find out Talent Exec John Laurinaitis’ reaction as well.

While no one believes Punk went into business for himself, the majority of the RAW locker room was said to be “in shock” (according to one source in production) over how strong the shoot promo was, and the delivery.

The latest development in CM Punk's "suspension" following his promo on RAW last night is that the Straight Edge Superstar and WWE have "reached an agreement" for Punk to fulfill his remaining non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract.

As stated on WWE.com: "As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another

The early details on this week's RAW rating is that the show averaged 5.0 million viewers. This is above what they've been doing for two hour shows. Last week's three-hour RAW averaged 5.1 million viewers.
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    JBL tweeted the following on CM Punk's RAW promo: "CM Punk's promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well"

The following commented on CM Punk's Raw promo last night…

* ? Foley: "I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff."

* Jim Ross: "Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow."

* Joey Styles: "Holy ? ! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. ? ! Holy ? !"

* Billy Corgan: "@CMPunk that may have been the GREATEST promo i have ever seen...to paraphrase Paul E, 'you sir, are f'n ? '..."

I also posted the following late last night here on eWrestlingNews.com:

Here are some tweets from talents regarding CM Punk's RAW promo:

Steve Austin: @CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.

Jim Ross: Amazing feedback on @cmpunk end of Raw comments. Too many overanalyzing it. Did you like it? If so, enjoy it. Was it compelling? Yes

Taz: Punk did a great job & I always liked him when we were in wwe together and his work! But I must say... There r many of us who were NEVER pushed to the level Punk was & were NEVER allowed to shoot like that, he's lucky he was allowed to do that. But it was very strong & real!! I liked a lot! Good stuff Punk!

Colt Cabana: Colt Cabana's Trending but @CMPunk should legit trend FOREVER. Coolest thing on wrestling since 1998. Can't believe theyre gonna let'm walk

Maryse: @CMPunk for President of the United-States....

Todd Grisham: Punk came unhinged tonight. Never seen anything like it in my 8 years @WWE

MVP: @CMPunk stayed at my house saturday night & we had a very in depth convo. I haven't seen the promo. But I'm sure my friend made me proud! ...
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Here's a transcription of CM Punk's RAW promo tonight…

(Punk sits down at the top of the ramp)

John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this, because before I leave in three weeks with your WWE Championship, I have a lot of things I wanna get off my chest.

I don't hate you, John. I don't even dislike you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back. I hate... this idea... that you're the best... because you're not. I'm the best. I'm the best in the world. There's one thing you're better at than I am, and that's kissing Vince McMahon's ass. You're as good at kissing Vince's ass as Hulk Hogan was. I don't know if you're as good as Dwayne... he's a pretty good ass-kisser... always was and still is. Oops... I'm breaking the fourth wall. [Punk waves to the camera.] I am the best... wrestler... in the world. I've been the best ever since Day One when I walked into this company, and I've been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That's right, I'm a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar... and he split, just like I'm splittin', but the biggest difference between me and Brock is that I'm going to leave with the WWE Championship.

I've grabbed so many of Vincent K. McMahon's imaginary brass rings that it's finally dawned on me that they're just that. They're completely imaginary. The only thing that's real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I've proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone, in that ring, and even on commentary. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I'm not on your lovely little collectors' cups, I'm not on the cover of the program, I'm barely promoted, I don't get to be in movies, I'm not on any ? show on the USA Network, I'm not on the poster of WrestleMania, I'm not on the signature that's produced at the start of the show. I'm not on Conan O'Brian, I'm not on Jimmy Fallon, but the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isn't sour grapes, but the fact that "Dwayne" is in the main event of WrestleMania next year and I'm not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight, those of you who are cheering me right now... you are just as big a part of me leaving as anyone else, because you're the ones sipping out of those collector cups right now, you're the ones that buy those programs that my face isn't on the cover of, and then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face thinking you can get an autograph and sell it on eBay because you're too lazy to get a real job.

I'm leaving with the WWE championship on July 17 and hell, who knows, maybe I'll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling... maybe I'll go back to Ring of Honor... [Punk waves to the camera again] hey, Colt Cabana, how you doing? The reason I'm leaving is you people because after I'm gone you're still going to pour money into this company -- I'm just a spoke on the wheel -- the wheel's gonna keep turning. And I understand that... that Vince McMahon's gonna make money despite himself... he's a millionaire who should be a billionaire... you know why he's not a billionaire? It's because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical [censored] yes-men like John Lauranitis, who's gonna tell him everything he wants to hear... and I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his ? son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon. You know we do this whole bully campaign...

(Microphone is cut off. Punk hits the mic a few times, says something inaudible, yells "I've been silenced", and we fade to black.)
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Colt Cabana and Vince McMahon were trending on Twitter following RAW.

As a way to continue the ongoing storyline, WWE has deleted CM Punk's official WWE Facebook page as well as his Superstar page on WWE.com.

As noted earlier, Vince McMahon made the following statement on WWE.com following RAW: "CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air."
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jack Evans, Homicide, Low Ki, Matt Bentley and Jimmy ? Yang are all backstage at tonight's TNA iMPACT! tapings.

As of this writing, all of these talents are expected to take part in the TV tapings tonight and tomorrow. They will be used at the Destination X PPV as well. No word on who will be used tonight and who will be used tomorrow.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh hey, let me get something straight, those of you who are cheering me right now... you are just as big a part of me leaving as anyone else, because you're the ones sipping out of those collector cups right now, you're the ones that buy those programs that my face isn't on the cover of, and then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face thinking you can get an autograph and sell it on eBay because you're too lazy to get a real job.

I was rolling on this part. His whole drop was fantastic.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Vicious words from a "True contender" - The Best Wrestler In The World!!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i wonder punk's story was with vince mcmahon?
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this is one hell of a worked shoot....after this and the Daniel Bryan firing ( i still think it was a work) maybe the WWE should shift to this direction of blurring real and fake, it captivates my interest for damn sure
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Heat on Laurinaitis - Source: Rajah.com

Sources within WWE have exclusively revealed that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Triple H are said to be very angry at talent relations executive John Laurinaitis over his failure to re-sign CM Punk. We have been told the heat on Laurinaitis is serious because this is seen as his second serious failure this year, with the failure to keep Chris Jericho on the roster falling on Laurinaitis’ shoulders as well.

One WWE source says “this is the same job JR had for years, and it’s a heat-magnet because you’re trapped between Vince’s expectations and the talents who want to break away from the brutal schedule.”

Another company source told us “Laurinaitis has made millions in salary and stock options. He’s expected to perform for that money, and produce results. Right now, he’s not getting done the job Vince expects of him!”

Source: Rajah.com
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TNA Announces Impact Wrestling Tapings In Three Cities l
    IMPACT WRESTLING Hits The Road For All-New Episodes In Three Cities

The superstars of “IMPACT WRESTLING” will hit the road this August, September and October to shoot all-new episodes of “IMPACT WRESTLING” in three cities: Huntsville, Alabama, Knoxville, Tennessee and Macon, Georgia, Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Entertainment announced today..

“IMPACT WRESTLING” is Spike TV’s #1 rated program, and is seen in over 100 countries worldwide. Fans can be a part of the action on the following dates:

• Thursday, August 25 at the Von Braun Center Arena in Huntsville, Alabama,
    • Wednesday, September 21 at the Knoxville Coliseum in Knoxville, Tennessee,
    • Wednesday, October 26 at the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia,
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sin Cara just got suspended 30 days for violating the WWE wellness policy

More than likely the injury angle from last night will be used as the reason for his absence
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Steve Austin wants WWE to Sign "Samoa Joe"

Multi-time WWE champion, Tough Enough coach, and one of the most popular wrestlers of all time, Stone Cold Steve Austin, wants WWE to snatch Samoa Joe away from TNA.

The Texas Rattlesnake sounded off on Twitter with his opinion, writing:

“WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today’s game. Needs a full green light push.”

Samoa Joe responded to the WWE Hall Of Famer, writing:

@steveaustinBSR Much appreciated.”

Austin isn't the first ring veteran to see something in the Samoan Submission Machine, as Kevin Nash took a liking to Joe during his stint with TNA. Nash took Joe under his wing both on and off-screen.

Joe signed either a 2 or 3 year contract with TNA back in December of 2010

Source: Prowrestling.com
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    CM Punk Storyline Plans

- As noted before, some of the CM Punk and WWE storyline is expected to play out in other outlets beside WWE TV. Word is that the idea for now is to try a unique balancing act with Punk to be kept in the news with the WWE Title while WWE acts like he doesn't exist. WWE has been calling in favors to try and get Punk booked on things like late night talk shows where they can continue the storyline.

WWE talents have been told not to mention Punk's name in interviews for now, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. On Monday's RAW, John Cena was scripted to slip-up and mention Punk's name. Also before RAW hit the air, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk's name - which just led to them chanting it, as seen on TV.

Source: Prowrestling.com
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Joe in the WWE? I dunno.

The Punk storyline is gonna be epic. I like this new ? they're pulling...
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Bout time this ? got stickied lol
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    Bout time this ? got stickied lol
    _____TopicCoSign.gif_____
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson reportedly had trouble getting into the arena before the SmackDown live event in White Plains, NY this past weekend.

Zeke apparently was denied entry by the arena security because they did not recognize him as one of the WWE Superstars. After pleading his case and still not allowed in, Zeke phoned one of the WWE agents, who came down and let him in.

Confirming an online rumor, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson revealed this morning on Twitter that he will be meeting John Cena at the Survivor Series.

He wrote, "Cena fans: pls stop tweeting me to stop being "mean" to John. If u think I'm mean now, just wait til Survivor Series in NYC."

The 25th annual Survivor Series takes place Sunday, November 20 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Roy Sutherland sent word that Sin Cara has been removed from the WWE SummerSlam poster. R-Truth is now replacing him. As for Sin Cara's status with WWE following his 30 day suspension, a number of people within WWE are under the impression that the company has decided to "cut bait on him." The writing team wasn't told until a day or two before the Money in the Bank PPV last Sunday that he needed to be written out and were also told to not "put any thought into any scenarios for him going forward." It should be noted that it wasn't made clear he was being released, but the tone seemed to indicate it. Cara was expected to talk with WWE late last week.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    Roy Sutherland sent word that Sin Cara has been removed from the WWE SummerSlam poster. R-Truth is now replacing him. As for Sin Cara's status with WWE following his 30 day suspension, a number of people within WWE are under the impression that the company has decided to "cut bait on him." The writing team wasn't told until a day or two before the Money in the Bank PPV last Sunday that he needed to be written out and were also told to not "put any thought into any scenarios for him going forward." It should be noted that it wasn't made clear he was being released, but the tone seemed to indicate it. Cara was expected to talk with WWE late last week.

Jeff Hardy become a 2 time champion after failing 2 drug tests but they go fire Sin Cara after 1