a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick Flair by far...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a-grave247 wrote: »
    Rick Flair by far...

I didn't wanna say this in fear of getting nosigned to death but yea that ? was more comedic than an actual good wrestler.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    Ok ? . How is hbk NOT overrated?

greatest in ring performer of all time is a fitting rate for him

name anyone better not named bret hart.

Jericho
    Guerrero
    Mysterio
    Angle
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    26.jpg

Who in the hell hold him in high regard for him to be considered overrated

TNA
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a-grave247 wrote: »
    Rick Flair by far...

I didn't wanna say this in fear of getting nosigned to death but yea that ? was more comedic than an actual good wrestler.

I would say with Flair his persona was so huge that it overshadowed his in-ring work. Them rivalries with Dusty and Steamboat were GOAT

• MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk but Val Venis was the best looking wrestler ever
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jericho
    Guerrero
    Mysterio
    Angle

respectable list but nah
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jericho
    Guerrero
    Mysterio
    Angle

respectable list but nah

Dean malenko was a great underrated wrasler
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Those of you who said Ric Flair, y'all are ? insane
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those of you who said Ric Flair, y'all are ? insane

HBK>>>

Whatever I'm not going to hate on Flair I know he's a legend and considered the goat by many but I wasn't a wcw guy till NWO and in that time frame I don't recall being all that entertained by Flair and my earliest memory of him he was feuding with Macho Man I might appreciate Flair in that time more now but as a kid it was all about the Macho Man, and I never been all that highly entertained by his promos, a lot of wrestlers get points for putting me in a nostalgic state when I think about their certain tenures, at no point as a wrestling fan was I just this big Flair fan so I don't get that with him, he was always someone everyone else loved but not I
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are 2 categories of overrated

The first category is who the WWE likes to force upon the fans as great even though you know it's nothing but propaganda.

Triple H and John Cena

Then the next category of overrated is who the die hard fans love to tell you is great.

Ric Flair and ? Foley
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

The first category is who the WWE likes to force upon the fans as great even though you know it's nothing but propaganda.

Triple H and John Cena

Then the next category of overrated is who the die hard fans love to tell you is great.

Ric Flair and ? Foley

You really think Ric Flair ain't great? Have you ever seen matches from his rivalry with Ricky The Dragon Steamboat? His matches with Macho Man? His matches with Dusty Rhodes? He's the definition of an all time great. Storytelling and match quality at its finest.

And I think you seriously misunderstand the legacy of ? Foley. Foley isn't known as a great wrestler. Foley is just well respected by the fans and the industry as a whole for being willing to put his body on the line night in and night out for the fans. No one calls him a great wrestler.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Triple H and John Cena

Ric Flair and ? Foley

You really think Ric Flair ain't great? Have you ever seen matches from his rivalry with Ricky The Dragon Steamboat? His matches with Macho Man? His matches with Dusty Rhodes? He's the definition of an all time great. Storytelling and match quality at its finest.

And I think you seriously misunderstand the legacy of ? Foley. Foley isn't known as a great wrestler. Foley is just well respected by the fans and the industry as a whole for being willing to put his body on the line night in and night out for the fans. No one calls him a great wrestler.
    Flair was a great wrestler but overrated to me, and I think Foley ? up his body has given him much more praise than he deserves.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Ric Flair was horrible knly cuz his prime was in the 80s. By the 90s all his memorable matches were carried by other great wrestlers and he was basically living off mic skills and who he was in the 80s.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Triple H and John Cena

Ric Flair and ? Foley

Flair was a great wrestler but overrated to me, and I think Foley ? up his body has given him much more praise than he deserves.

Foley ? up his body is the reason he has the respect he has. Someone who's willing to go that extra mile time and time again all for the fans
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    Art Barr for me. I would read about him long before I started tape trading, and I just don't think anybody could have lived up to that hype.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Triple H and John Cena

Ric Flair and ? Foley

Foley ? up his body is the reason he has the respect he has. Someone who's willing to go that extra mile time and time again all for the fans

not just for the fans, but to put wrestlers over

rock
    triple h
    orton
    edge
    hbk

foley allowed these dudes to beat the hell out of him during their matches, and in return the violent ? he did to them made the audience take these wrestlers seriously as a legit threat when they won

plus foley was always a great promo
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Cheap pops were goat lol
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rick ? flair....
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Here's my top 5 most overrated wrestlers:

Goldberg - if his matches went more than 5 minutes they were a snoozefest. He had no charisma, he had a cool persona and that's it. He wasn't even a good champion. He beat 97% of the WCW roster and it got to the point where it was just lame.

Hulk Hogan - boring ass matches, he was passionate but his matches were boring, his mic skills, gimmick and WWF's marketing machine were what made him so successful. Aside from that tho, you never hear him mentioned in most wrestlers' top 10 lists. Hogan was/is a terrible wrestler. He's even worse than Cena.

Lex Luger - big, buff and dumb as a rock, he had no ring skills, barely any athleticism, and the WORST gimmick. The Narcissist ? Get that ? outta here SMMFH. He barely even had a moveset, european uppercuts, forearm smashes, mudstomps, a body slam, or power slam, military press and the torture rack SMMFH.

Kevin Nash - if you breath, his legs go out SMMFH LOLOLOLOL. He had amazing mic skills but no in-ring ability at all. The quintessential 5 moves of doom example, he had a sidewalk slam, the uppercut, the big boot, the Jacknife Powerbom and the hair flip LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. How Nash was able to get to the top of the food chain in both promotions lends credence to the fact he was as swarmy and charming socially as they come.

? Foley - his matches were only entertaining because he got his ass beat every night in the worst way. ? if I wanted ? tho I'd just go watch ECW. He had multiple title reigns too, no hate just being real. He made harcore wrestling a staple in the WWE but the WWE used him as a ? to get one over ECW and stop ppl from watching it.

Scott Steiner - Just in-ring GARBAGE. Funny on a mic but no in-ring skills at all, the super steroids ? was a terrible gimmick. Somehow this ? got like 3 world championship runs in both WCW and the WWE. This fool had beach blonde hair, he shouldn't have been allowed to wrestle. Again he was another example of a swarmy dude who could politic but in the ring he was HORRIBLE.

Yo you need to catch this fade talking about my ? lex luger