Boom Bye Bye: Buju Banton Faces 20 Years on Drug Charges

Comments

• rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    you get lamer with each post.

i knew this was a pointless battle when i had point out the efinition of hypocrite & you still didn't get it... i'm finished debating your stupidity with you..

keep one thing in mind though.. no matter how little you understand about humanity, dudes still doing time..

Midget_dancing.gif
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Buju Banton is one of the great artist of reggae and dance hall music, I hope he can beat the case that ? was set up, as rich as he is why would he sell drugs SMH.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    you get lamer with each post.

i knew this was a pointless battle when i had point out the efinition of hypocrite & you still didn't get it... i'm finished debating your stupidity with you..

keep one thing in mind though.. no matter how little you understand about humanity, dudes still doing time..

You have an astounding ability to keep off topic and continue to lose. I didn't think it was possible, but it is.

You trotted out the definition of hypocrite, I overturned your functionally ? application of it. You can't argue with it so you went on to whine that I don't understand humanity. You lose.

Hypocrite does not apply to someone morally opposing a lifestyle they don't co-sign nor does it apply to someone who makes one error in judgment. Hypocrite does apply to someone who pretends to be all about equality and oneness yet is gleeful about a positive artist's possible incarceration for a matter totally unrelated to the reason that said hypocrite hates that artist. You lose again.

Beeyatch, once again, race and gayness are not related. You lose yet again.

Once again, because you keep ignoring it, despite its importance:

- Buju Banton did not write Boom Bye Bye, someone else did.

- Boom Bye Bye was written in reaction to a predatory ? .

- Buju Banton was just a youth when he recorded that song.

- Boom Bye Bye is metaphorical not literal.

- The homosexual community can’t tell the difference between Batty Rider / ? ? World and Boom Bye Bye. Fail.

- Buju Banton no longer performs Boom Bye Bye.

- This is one anti-? song in his extensive catalogue.

- Boom Bye Bye does not appear in any of his official albums.

- Buju Banton’s songs are 99% positive.

Free the general:
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    lame = "This is one anti-? song in his extensive catalogue." - when we all know guns & roses, eminem & a whole host of skinheads don't get "let me make it" passes for their songs which contain the word ni99er

lame = "Buju Banton did not write Boom Bye Bye, someone else did." - when we all know that no matter who created the word ni99er, the excuse that the one who says it isn't the originator of the word would far from get them out of an ass whoopin'..

lame = "Boom Bye Bye was written in reaction to a predatory ? ." - when we all know shabba did a song about pedophiles called Rude Bwoy that made it clear as day who it was about with the absence of one word... Batty Bwoy.

lame = "Buju Banton was just a youth when he recorded that song." - when we all know it would be as simple as an apoligy for his immature choice to denote an ounce of regret.. he has none because he was tryin' to kiss shabba's ass [by showin' support in the wake of shabba's homophobic statement backlash] by makin' it.

& hypocrite does apply to anyone who demands respect for their differences but promotes the murder of others because of their's..

dumb as dirt is starting to fit you.

stop.. or post a response on the condition that you agree with the "dumber than dirt" assessment..
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    lame = "This is one anti-? song in his extensive catalogue." - when we all know guns & roses, eminem & a whole host of skinheads don't get "let me make it" passes for their songs which contain the word ni99er

lame = "Buju Banton did not write Boom Bye Bye, someone else did." - when we all know that no matter who created the word ni99er, the excuse that the one who says it isn't the originator of the word would far from get them out of an ass whoopin'..

lame = "Boom Bye Bye was written in reaction to a predatory ? ." - when we all know shabba did a song about pedophiles called Rude Bwoy that made it clear as day who it was about with the absence of one word... Batty Bwoy.

lame = "Buju Banton was just a youth when he recorded that song." - when we all know it would be as simple as an apoligy for his immature choice to denote an ounce of regret.. he has none because he was tryin' to kiss shabba's ass [by showin' support in the wake of shabba's homophobic statement backlash] by makin' it.

& hypocrite does apply to anyone who demands respect for their differences but promotes the murder of others because of their's..

dumb as dirt is starting to fit you.

stop.. or post a response on the condition that you agree with the "dumber than dirt" assessment..

I thought you were done, bee-yatch.

You you keep failing. The reason you didn't address these is because your arguments are softer than a sponge. Thanks for doing such a poor job of addressing my points. I love being right.

Race and homosexuality are entirely separate. You keep conflating them - they're different.

Once again, Buju Banton cannot be a hypocrite for refusing to promote a lifestyle he's opposed to by apologizing for a song that metaphorically slays those he views as immoral. It's consistent with his beliefs. He would be a hypocrite if he actively started promoting homosexuality despite his beliefs. That's what a hypocrite is, get it? Probably not, but it was worth a try.

Now to address your counter-arguments (finally - thank you for trying).

First, using the n-word is not nor has it ever been the equivalent to a song metaphorically calling for the slaying of ? . You missed the point, though. This is just one song in a huge catalogue. You fail again. One anti-? song in his catalogue and the homosexual activists have been opposing him for nearly twenty years.

Second, please recall that using the n-word has absolutely nothing to do with a song metaphorically calling for the slaying of ? . You fail once for this point. Also, you fail to take into account that the content was not created by Buju. You fail twice for this point. Two failures in one point, well done.

Third . . . hold on I'm still laughing from reading it. Wow, this is such a big failure. Rude bwoy has absolutely nothing nothing nothing to do with pedophiles. Please send your patois dictionary back from wherever you bought it. Jamaicans generally do not differentiate between pedophiles who target boys and homosexuals who go for men - they're all batty-bwoys. A failure of gargauntuan proportions here.

Fourth, an apology would have finished his career, just as surely as much as it almost destroyed Shabba's. The song came before Shabba Ranks' famous interview in which he denounced Adam and Steve. Before, Mr. Failure. Shabba supported Buju and then hung him out to dry by apologizing, then received massive backlash from his fans. Another failure.

Fifth, . . . oh wait, you got tired of failing and didn't deal with the other points?

Here they are, since you're probably hungry for more failure:

- Boom Bye Bye is metaphorical not literal.

- The homosexual community can’t tell the difference between Batty Rider / ? ? World and Boom Bye Bye. Fail.

- Buju Banton no longer performs Boom Bye Bye.

- Boom Bye Bye does not appear in any of his official albums.

- Buju Banton’s songs are 99% positive.

Free the general:
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Skeratch wrote: »
    I thought you were done, bee-yatch.
    done debating your stupidity with you, yes...

pointing out how lame you are.. no.
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    done debating your stupidity with you, yes...

pointing out lame you are.. no.

lol, and another fail.

Once again, you can't deal with your failure and are trying to change the subject.

Damn, they need to invent another word, other than stupid, for just how utterly brainlessly beyond redemption your arguments are.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ? 's are cool...

...just stay the ? away from me. unless you are hot lesbian.

Lesbian_tongue_kiss.gif
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Third . . . hold on I'm still laughing from reading it. Wow, this is such a big failure. Rude bwoy has absolutely nothing nothing nothing to do with pedophiles. Please send your patois dictionary back from wherever you bought it. Jamaicans generally do not differentiate between pedophiles who target boys and homosexuals who go for men - they're all batty-bwoys. A failure of gargauntuan proportions here.
    ".. if ah man ah molest me, an di family, me nah run for police an security, unno check for di rudebwoy company, & big 45..."

sounds like a song about pedophiles to me.. or is it a ting like ? people.. jamaican dj just like put them inna lyrics because they hate them so much?

or possibly veiled admiration?
    either way, you & your bigted people lose.

again.
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    ".. if ah man ah molest me, an di family, me nah run for police an security, unno check for di rudebwoy company, & big 45..."

sounds like a song about pedophiles to me.. or is it a ting like ? people.. jamaican dj just like put them inna lyrics because they hate them so much?

or possibly veiled admiration?
    either way, you & your bigted people lose.

again.

Bwaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha!

Wow, it must hurt you to fail that hard.

"The rudebwoy company" are the gangsters whom he would use to go after the batty bwoy that molested his family.

Rudebwoy does not equal ? .

Monumental failure.
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    And I just noticed that you tried to type in patois to prove how down you are with it.

That makes it even more hilarious.

Thanks, that was very very amusing.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Bwaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha!

Wow, it must hurt you to fail that hard.

"The rudebwoy company" are the gangsters whom he would use to go after the batty bwoy that molested his family.

Rudebwoy does not equal ? .
    i never once said rude bwoy = ?
    Monumental failure.

me thinks so..

1425737796_46be55c0f6_o.gif
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    take off the cape & stop man saving buju..

he aint paying your bills.

retire by the age of 29 & then you can speak to me about intelligence..
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Are rusty shackleford and Skeratch going to be friends now?

No ? .
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Are rusty shackleford and Skeratch going to be friends now?

No ? .
    friends? i dunno but.. i forgive him for the person he is..
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    i never once said rude bwoy = ?

me thinks so..

You're still trying after that?

This is what you said:
    "Boom Bye Bye was written in reaction to a predatory ? ." - when we all know shabba did a song about pedophiles called Rude Bwoy that made it clear as day who it was about with the absence of one word... Batty Bwoy.

Your argument is that Shabba made a song called rude boy about a ? . . . and didn't use the word batty bwoy? Everyone knows that batty bwoy is interchangeable with ? , your point is moot.

I honestly thought you were arguing that rudebwoy was a term for ? , because your point was so obscure and tinged with failure. Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

You still fail.
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    friends? i dunno but.. i forgive him for the person he is..

Aw, thanks man.

I forgive you for the person you are.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Your argument is that Shabba made a song called rude boy about a ? . . . and didn't use the word batty bwoy? Everyone knows that batty bwoy is interchangeable with ? , your point is moot.
    being a willin' participant in homosexuality is a galaxy away from being unwantedly molested by a man..

i guess i just stumbled onto how stupid shabba is too..

ignorance... it's like the black plague down there, huh?
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Aw, thanks man.

I forgive you for the person you are.
    you're welcome.. because after all, to me... friendship means never havin' to point out how sorry you are =)
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    Your hatred of all things Jamaican is transparent..
    yeah.. i can't stand jamaica..

http://www.zshare.net/audio/775208930de9e0e9/
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    This would not even be a point of contention in Jamaica. Every sentient has the ability to make his own choices. You cant make other people bow down to your cultural or personal standard. Homosexuality is not socially accepted in Jamaica and all genres of reggae are a cultural expression of that land and culture. German Death metal is racist and promotes satanic worship, which I find to be repugnant- so I dont listen to it. Im not going to say ? to them because they not going to stop doing it no matter what the ? I think. If you ? and you feel like the music then dont listen and be prepared to defend yourself if somebody want to do you harm because of a song. And stay out of the hoods in Jamaica if you cant keep your preference on the hush.
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    being a willin' participant in homosexuality is a galaxy away from being unwantedly molested by a man..

i guess i just stumbled onto how stupid shabba is too..

ignorance... it's like the black plague down there, huh?

I agree, pedophiles are entirely different than homosexuals. You can imagine, though, that if someone believed they were the same they would not hesitate to call for the death of a ? /homosexual. The solution is to educate people on the difference - which is more difficult than a reactionary rebellion against the music that, in part, promotes this belief.

Personally, I am opposed to the ? lifestyle. I do, however, recognize that ? aren't hurting anyone if they're together. I have an uncle who is ? , and he's a good person.

If someone is ? it is harmless. I think we can agree that pedophiles deserve a swift execution - common ground?

Ignorance and stupidity are entirely different things. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge while stupidity is a lack of an ability to use your brain. I honestly don't think you're stupid, I was just having fun. You're smarter than me if you're retired at the age of 29. You might be a little ignorant on some things, but everyone is, even someone as intellectually amazing as me. I hope to be retired by 70.

I really enjoy Buju's music, so it just bothers me when people dismiss the rest of his music because of one song or compare him to the perpetrators of genocide.

Imma listen to your mixtape now, but that doesn't mean that we agree on everything.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    This would not even be a point of contention in Jamaica. Every sentient has the ability to make his own choices. You cant make other people bow down to your cultural or personal standard. Homosexuality is not socially accepted in Jamaica and all genres of reggae are a cultural expression of that land and culture. German Death metal is racist and promotes satanic worship, which I find to be repugnant- so I dont listen to it. Im not going to say ? to them because they not going to stop doing it no matter what the ? I think.
    follow your heart.. i just care more about others enough to try & convince them the promotion of another person because of something they had no choice in is counter productive to our survival as a whole..

pardon me.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2010
    I agree, pedophiles are entirely different than homosexuals. You can imagine, though, that if someone believed they were the same they would not hesitate to call for the death of a ? /homosexual. The solution is to educate people on the difference - which is more difficult than a reactionary rebellion against the music that, in part, promotes this belief.

Personally, I am opposed to the ? lifestyle. I do, however, recognize that ? aren't hurting anyone if they're together. I have an uncle who is ? , and he's a good person.

If someone is ? it is harmless. I think we can agree that pedophiles deserve a swift execution - common ground?

Ignorance and stupidity are entirely different things. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge while stupidity is a lack of an ability to use your brain. I honestly don't think you're stupid, I was just having fun. You're smarter than me if you're retired at the age of 29. You might be a little ignorant on some things, but everyone is, even someone as intellectually amazing as me. I hope to be retired by 70.

I really enjoy Buju's music, so it just bothers me when people dismiss the rest of his music because of one song or compare him to the perpetrators of genocide.

Imma listen to your mixtape now, but that doesn't mean that we agree on everything.
    hurting a child is one of the few reasons for which i'd willing commit murder. i just want to convey that we didn't choose to be this.. nor did we mean to anger anyone else with our presents.. we only want what you want.. & that's to be happy.

weed too.. we like weed.

Rusty's Infinitely 420 Mixtape

10nw86p.jpg

http://www.zshare.net/audio/75847374fc5a014e/
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    hurting a child is one of the few reasons for which i'd willing commit murder. i just want to convey that we didn't choose to be this.. nor did we mean to anger anyone else with our presents.. we only want what you want.. & that's to be happy.

weed too.. we like weed.

Rusty's Infinitely 420 Mixtape

10nw86p.jpg

http://www.zshare.net/audio/75847374fc5a014e/

I can't see my uncle choosing to be ? , considering how much trouble it caused him at first. I'll give you that.

Seriously, that first mixtape is hot. Respect. Good finds.

The 420 mix looks good too. Thanks.

I'm a big fan of weed. I like it best with Catch a Fire.