Gaming News, Articles, Reviews, upcoming releases, etc...

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people still buying physical discs? or are you speaking from a gaming visuals pov?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still buy physical discs. Games not so much films. I buy the odd DC film or classics that I like collecting.

I don't think it's a massive loss for Sony as nobody is really ? with 4K blu ray anyway. I just think it's odd because they originally pioneered blu ray.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Physical disc>>>>digital
  • AP21
    Options
    my b...i was talking about dvds and such

but i prefer the digital version myself
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer digital games, ease of use and you dont have to worry about damaging your disc.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

https://bethesda.net/#en/dashboard

(Article and post came from Boxden)
  • willhustle
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    I prefer digital games, ease of use and you dont have to worry about damaging your disc.

I prefer disc just on the fact that after I beat a game or if a game is trash I can take it back to the store and use the credit towards another game. I'm not a fan of paying $60 for games and I haven't paid $60 for games in a long time. My problems with digital are long ass download times, no trade in program, or lack of price drops. If this could be done I would be all for digital gaming.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

I prefer disc just on the fact that after I beat a game or if a game is trash I can take it back to the store and use the credit towards another game. I'm not a fan of paying $60 for games and I haven't paid $60 for games in a long time. My problems with digital are long ass download times, no trade in program, or lack of price drops. If this could be done I would be all for digital gaming.

Yeah games that dont have alot of replay value I will cop Disc. But PSN has sales often and im not a hype beast so I can wait for a game to go on sale digitally and cop for 20, I really dont trade games though ill sell them on craigslist for 20 and that will go towards my next 20 dollar or so game.
  • willhustle
    Options

Yeah games that dont have alot of replay value I will cop Disc. But PSN has sales often and im not a hype beast so I can wait for a game to go on sale digitally and cop for 20, I really dont trade games though ill sell them on craigslist for 20 and that will go towards my next 20 dollar or so game.

I hear you everybody has their own format and preference when it comes to buying/playing games.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't forget them digital games start to eat up hdd space
  • willhustle
    Options

All these games disc/digital in this gen eats up hdd space.
  • vagrant-718
    Options

Yeah but digital only eats up more
  • AP21
    Options
    After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

https://bethesda.net/#en/dashboard

(Article and post came from Boxden)

was gonna post this...thanks fam

but this is interesting...i saw a youtube vid that explained why exactly they're not doing it.

at first i thought sony was just being sony, but the vid provided some much needed context. Basically, everything about the PS from the OS to the types of sound files it uses is proprietary in some form and that the reason xbox can have mods is b/c the OS and the alike files are similar if not exactly the same ones as a PC or Windows. So they would have to change a bunch of ? on their end just to make modding work on their console which, lets face it, they aint gonna do.

sorry for PS4 users who bought fallout hoping they would be able to mod it
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True but if you can either get a bigger hard drive or simply delete games you don't play alot anymore. Also if you have good Internet speed,it shouldn't take very long to download games
  • AP21
    Options
    ^^^

get that ? off of there that you havent played in years lol

not sure how it works on consoles. I assume its the same way, but as long as you've purchased the game, it will be in your library ready for you to d/l should you want to play at a later date, but no sense in keeping it on the HDD if you aint playing it
  • Karl.
    Options
    MS are ending Xbox Fitness.

They've credited my account £7.99 for a pack I bought a year or so ago.
  • AP21
    Options
    why did you have that Karl? lol
  • Karl.
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    why did you have that Karl? lol

My girl gave it a try. Looked cool but she lost interest pretty quick.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Just picked up the new Pacman using my credit.
  • vagrant-718
    Options

True but if you can either get a bigger hard drive or simply delete games you don't play alot anymore. Also if you have good Internet speed,it shouldn't take very long to download games

Yeah but you got to download plus download the patch and updates after.

And forgot to mention that physical game go down in price quicker too. Digital game cut out the middle man but still sell for $60. Type of ? is that?
  • willhustle
    Options

Yeah but digital only eats up more

Also it takes longer for digital to download well at least on the PS4 it does.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I hope that new Gears good.
  • AP21
    Options
  • AP21
    Options