Options
    Up Next: Starship Troopers 7

Funny part is I would go watch it with no hesitation. Lol
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im probably way more interested in this movie than i should be

that trailer looked a lot better than i was expecting though

i like the idea that aliens held out in the congo for a decade before being wiped out it could make for an interesting side story if they do some tie in media and i really hope the humor from the first one isnt completely gone although a lot of that came from having will smith at his absolute peak, so yeah
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the odd one here but Will Smith not being in the movie is not that big of a deal to me. ? he going to do be a general hopping back in a fighter plane again? Some new blood taking the reigns is not a bad thing also he turned down a lot of money for this movie so ? him lol.

Is it true he wanted over 40 mil and a role for jaden as well?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too little too late and it will be trash,but the original was overrated and I never got the hype
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the odd one here but Will Smith not being in the movie is not that big of a deal to me. ? he going to do be a general hopping back in a fighter plane again? Some new blood taking the reigns is not a bad thing also he turned down a lot of money for this movie so ? him lol.

For real, these ? taking his slight personal and ?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't mad Will ain't in it, I just thought it was odd since it was "his" movie. I'm still ? with it tho.

I remember as a youngin the thought of the fresh prince fighting aliens just blew my mind
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vivica plays a nurse.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't mad Will ain't in it, I just thought it was odd since it was "his" movie. I'm still ? with it tho.

I remember as a youngin the thought of the fresh prince fighting aliens just blew my mind

It was "his" movie like it was Goldblum's and Pullman's. Just because it was his breakout role doesn't negate the fact that it was an ensemble piece.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Is vivica fox still on the pole?

That scene where she walks ro the back showing that azzz giggling...LAWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0hcJacxrpo
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I remember when they killed off Hicks in Aliens 3 smh....was so damn weak
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

It was "his" movie like it was Goldblum's and Pullman's. Just because it was his breakout role doesn't negate the fact that it was an ensemble piece.

Irrelevant point. This wasn't an argument I was trying to make. Foh
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks including Will in any type of way even a cameo woulda doubled the box office takings even higher than it would with this current film? Just for nostalgic reasons?

$50 million? OK. Big deal (Robert Downey Jr. anyone? Even Arnold collected 30 milli for Terminator 3 and that was over a decade ago. But it's a problem for a Black man huh?) How much do they think they'd have recouped having him there with some of the original cast?

Will's star power is still on the high notwithstanding After Earth (everyone falls short sometimes). Anyway we got Suicide Squad and Bad Boys III coming up ..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm good on this one
  • Broddie
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks including Will in any type of way even a cameo woulda doubled the box office takings even higher than it would with this current film? Just for nostalgic reasons?

Maybe internationally but American audiences don't give a ? about Will Smith like that anymore. Besides that 50 million they saved I'm sure went into the effects budget which is never a bad thing for a movie like this.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

$50 million? OK. Big deal (Robert Downey Jr. anyone? Even Arnold collected 30 milli for Terminator 3 and that was over a decade ago. But it's a problem for a Black man huh?) How much do they think they'd have recouped having him there with some of the original cast?

Will's star power is still on the high notwithstanding After Earth (everyone falls short sometimes). Anyway we got Suicide Squad and Bad Boys III coming up ..

Hold up ? don't put robert downey jr in this he's the true tony starks
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Its not gonna be the same without Will, but they definitely have my attention based off nostalgia alone. Im surprised Will wouldnt take less. He hasnt had a smash in awhile.

Too little too late and it will be trash,but the original was overrated and I never got the hype

slap-o.gif
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    So will flew an alien spacecraft into a mother ship downloaded a virus and shot his way out to fly back to EARF!! That after getting into a dog fight with a fleet of alien spaceships ejected out KO'd an alien wrapped him in his parachute and drug him cross the desert.... Just to be killed in a test flight?

tumblr_mehe0zaUax1riai4vo1_500.gif

Ya but will wants 50 MILL that's damn near the cost to make a movie hell will a great actor but 50 MILL LIKE ? DAMN WILL U ALREADY HELLA RICH if I was him I would of did it for 30 or 20 mill and the sake of giving the fans of the 1st movie a great time smh will let us down
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

Maybe internationally but American audiences don't give a ? about Will Smith like that anymore. Besides that 50 million they saved I'm sure went into the effects budget which is never a bad thing for a movie like this.

Bingo! Of course studios recoup more internationally with blockbusters like this than Stateside. Will's high grossing films have always done well globally against the US

Anyways i'mma pass on this ..

Hold up ? don't put robert downey jr in this he's the true tony starks

Yep and outta the Iron Man trilogy, Part 2 >>> the other films. The Avengers movies were aight not great
  • Broddie
    edited December 2015
    Options

Bingo! Of course studios recoup more internationally with blockbusters like this than Stateside. Will's high grossing films have always done well globally against the US

Actually they don't. The international box office pie is split so many ways that it doesn't even come close to giving studios a portion of what they really invested.

The only time Studios really profit from a movie at the box office is during the domestic opening weekend which is where they get their most royalty points. Which is why such an emphasis is always put on that point of a movie's lifeline.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe y'all bashing Will without looking at the dozen other ? movies Roland Emerich directed after independence day. That director sucks and Will basically made that movie off his name. Will knows that Roland is a ? director that even did that ? movie with the white Egyptians called 10,000 B.C. I would do the same thing if I knew I was working with a ? director. Will would not do that if it was Antoine Fuqua or Martin Scorcese and he knows this movie will hurt his credibility. Vivica A. Fox is 190 lbs and washed up. Then the dude is bringing all these old has beens out of retirement for a quick check and nostalgia value to get killed off and replaced with Liam Helmsworth and the ? from Survivor's remorse. This will be another Battle Los Angeles movie where the characters lack personality but a whole lot of lackluster explosions and cgi aliens.

My bad, just venting.