Options
2»

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Oh and their is only one true ? . King of kings lord of lords who overcame death and rose on the third day to ascend to Heaven.

I'm sure Hindus and many in Africa would disagree with this....evidence? Proof?

Not even going to get into a serious debate since with the post of that ? whining video in t/s post and the thread title can tell this is a borderline troll thread. So ima just say they are heathen pages and their "Gods" are ? ass ? who would get backhanded with the quickness by Jesus the one true living ?

There's no proof Jesus was ever a ? , if he existed he was just a regular guy with some possible magic tricks. Plenty of atheists and agnostics are good at magic too. Has Jesus fulfilled the prophecies yet? It's been 2,000 plus years now. Jesus couldn't even beat up Roman soldiers, who kicked his ass. So how would he backhand other gods lol

Where are the gods of the Romans now?? Who really kicked ass. Where are the gods of the philistines ??? Dead and in the trash can of history. The ? of Abraham rules supreme over billions of our species. Literally millions offer him prayers every day. Even our division of time revolves around his birth and resurrection.

What is 2,000 years to an eternal ? that 2,000 is to our benefit if he returned now your and my punishment/reward would be serious.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Oh and their is only one true ? . King of kings lord of lords who overcame death and rose on the third day to ascend to Heaven.

Not even going to get into a serious debate since with the post of that ? whining video in t/s post and the thread title can tell this is a borderline troll thread. So ima just say they are heathen pages and their "Gods" are ? ass ? who would get backhanded with the quickness by Jesus the one true living ?

There's no proof Jesus was ever a ? , if he existed he was just a regular guy with some possible magic tricks. Plenty of atheists and agnostics are good at magic too. Has Jesus fulfilled the prophecies yet? It's been 2,000 plus years now. Jesus couldn't even beat up Roman soldiers, who kicked his ass. So how would he backhand other gods lol

Where are the gods of the Romans now?? Who really kicked ass. Where are the gods of the philistines ??? Dead and in the trash can of history. The ? of Abraham rules supreme over billions of our species. Literally millions offer him prayers every day. Even our division of time revolves around his birth and resurrection.

What is 2,000 years to an eternal ? that 2,000 is to our benefit if he returned now your and my punishment/reward would be serious.

I give the Bible ? credit that its followers are big now but every ? has its hayday. Horus was the big dog for longer then 2,000 years and Zeus was the big dog in the Greek Empire days for longer then 2,000 years too.

But @Ajackson17 wants to keep you out the thread so I won't go any further
  • zzombie
    Options

I give the Bible ? credit that its followers are big now but every ? has its hayday. Horus was the big dog for longer then 2,000 years and Zeus was the big dog in the Greek Empire days for longer then 2,000 years too.

But @Ajackson17 wants to keep you out the thread so I won't go any further

THE ? OF abraham was worshiped during time period in which people also worshiped horus and zeus nobody worships zeus or horus anymore. You can fit the worshipers of zeus and horus in one nyc train car and still have plenty of room.

and now more and more christianity is starting to spread into china and asia
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will admit... I was watching an interview with Neil degrasse tyson, and he was talking about this thing he calls the "lord of the gaps" or some ? like that. And basically he was saying that theists have the proclivity to assign things which are out of their grasp of their knowledge to be "? 's will"

It was actually very good for introspection and made me rethink the way I believe in ? to an extent.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    Placebo effect my ass anyone who truly believes can tell you that a faithful life can be painful as ? and there is no soothing it with an
    placebo.

No matter what happens, though, that pain is always followed by hope and love from ? , in your mind. No matter your situation, you're comoforted by that thought.

It truly is a placebo.

And that's why you cannot prove or disprove ? . He's a sugar pill that you keep taking thinking it's the real thing and since it works for you, you have no need to question it.
  • VIBE
    Options

Would you rather carry a bag of tools or have a Swiss Army knife type of tool?

For everyone, it's too much that pray and worship so many gods. A ? of love, war, weather, food, sun, water etc.. Too much to do. Everyone needs the all-in-one Swiss Army knife ? . It's easier. That's why they're all dead gods to us. If they all had one ? , it would likely be a much different religious playing field.
  • zzombie
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Placebo effect my ass anyone who truly believes can tell you that a faithful life can be painful as ? and there is no soothing it with an
    placebo.

No matter what happens, though, that pain is always followed by hope and love from ? , in your mind. No matter your situation, you're comoforted by that thought.

It truly is a placebo.

And that's why you cannot prove or disprove ? . He's a sugar pill that you keep taking thinking it's the real thing and since it works for you, you have no need to question it.

No that's not necessarily the case especially for people that are mature in their faith. They know ? isn't always going to drop sugar from the sky in life, you will die suffering and simple belief doesn't always work to make you any better. your hope may be that after you die things may be better but That can provide no respite for current sufferings thus no placebo effect

And in Islam there's not even a guarantee that you make it into paradise. Unless of course you die in jihad.
  • zzombie
    Options

For everyone, it's too much that pray and worship so many gods. A ? of love, war, weather, food, sun, water etc.. Too much to do. Everyone needs the all-in-one Swiss Army knife ? . It's easier. That's why they're all dead gods to us. If they all had one ? , it would likely be a much different religious playing field.

If what you are saying was true their would be no tools just swift army knives.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh I don't seen why atheists group together like this.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Go to church, they don't do that..

Oh wait
  • VIBE
    Options

If what you are saying was true their would be no tools just swift army knives.

It isn't about the tools, though, it's about how lazy people are in having to please and worship different Gods. It's just easier to do it all for one. That's why all the other gods are 'dead'.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    why would you put "Keep out Theists" in the title of a thread clearly designed to bait in theists to yell at them
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    why would you put "Keep out Theists" in the title of a thread clearly designed to bait in theists to yell at them

Hey, they can read right?
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    I will admit... I was watching an interview with Neil degrasse tyson, and he was talking about this thing he calls the "lord of the gaps" or some ? like that. And basically he was saying that theists have the proclivity to assign things which are out of their grasp of their knowledge to be "? 's will"

It was actually very good for introspection and made me rethink the way I believe in ? to an extent.

Yes, the ? of the Gaps argument was really my introduction to skepticism. Theists usually ask me "So you don't believe in ? , well how did XY and Z happen" Humanity has offered much better explanations to phenomenon than "? did it" ever could. "If something explains everything, then it probably explains nothing" and that's exactly what "? did it" is.

How can theists know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6uoLMzIyU