Grand Theft Auto V

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockstar one of the few companies that give us what we want and then some.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    young maylay (CJ) voicing Franklin in this?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stevie wonder skeletons playing in the background I'm sold Rockstar still got good taste in music.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On some real ? , that Franklin cat do sound like CJ...
    I know that Young Maylay cat was an aspiring rapper, and we know aspiring rappers are doomed for failure so its not farfetched to think Rockstar threw son a bone and let him voice one of the protagonist....other than that, this game is a first day cop....I'm going ham with that Trevor redneck
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh...... let see some actual game play
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    ? looks ? amazing
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is gonna be the GOAT
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Stevie wonder skeletons playing in the background I'm sold Rockstar still got good taste in music.

You can always rely on Rockstar to produce quality soundtracks.

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love the new trailer
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im ready for it!
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im ready for it!
    ? where yo Top 20?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My reaction:
    friday-damn-gif.gif

bout to preorder asap
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to see if dogs have any impact.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like that hear, see, speak no evil scene at the end of the trailer....
    That ? was epic....
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTA V File Size May Need More Than Two Discs on Xbox 360

GTA V’s second trailer has definitely brought thunder to gamers and critiques. As expected, theories have sprouted from all four corners of the gamingsphere and the most interesting ones we’ve uncovered is all about GTA V’s file size requiring multiple discs for Xbox 360.

Data Mining

Before we delve deeper on the discussion, it would be interesting to data mine first all the facts we needed on settling the argument — like, the number of discs required for GTA IV and Rockstar’s two recently published titles: L.A Noire & Max Payne for Xbox 360.

GTA IV: Needs 1 disc For Xbox 360 while 2 discs for PC (at least 16GB of storage required)
    L.A Noire: Needs 3 discs For Xbox 360 (for single player, multiplayer and cutscenes) while 2 discs for PC (at least 17GB of storage required).
    Max Payne: Needs 2 discs for Xbox 360 and 4 discs for PC (at least 35GB of storage).

(PC storage requirement based from Rockstar Support Page)

GTA V With More than Two Discs Is Possible, If…

Using the data we have above, we can get a good scenario on how many discs will GTA V require.

First, we’ll try to quote G.I’s cover for GTA V’s map size stating it would be bigger than GTA IV + San Andreas + Red Dead Redemption combined. Does bigger map size equates to bigger environment? Of course. But does that equate to bigger file size? Not necessarily if, Rockstar would hire script-kiddies to compress V’s textures, audio and other elements — a similar move done by Bethesda to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

But we should remember, Rockstar Games ain’t Bethesda.

This is the part where we can use the data above. As you can see, it shows Rockstar don’t really like to do any compression for its games. Take a look at GTA IV eating 7GB of space for 1 DVD then it jumped to two disc for PC; while Max Payne 3 required 2 DVDs (a total of 15-16GB of space) then it jumped to a whopping 35GB of file size on PC. The only exception here is L.A Noire, which was compressed when it was ported to PC, simply because it was mainly developed by Team Bondi and, you can’t really expect PC gamers to buy six DVDs for a single game.

Another Important Thing

GTA V’s engine is different from L.A Noire. The latter used Team Bondi’s ? capture technology that really put a toll on calculating its total storage; Meanwhile, the former is expected to use a technology similarly with GTA IV although it’s still debatable if it’ll go ala Max Payne 3 style where single-layer and multiplayer are separated on two different discs.

Results

Based from Rockstar’s history, L.A Noire is the only published game that required 3 Disc for X360. But since GTA V won’t be using ? recognition technology, it would be safe to assume the sandbox title will require 2 DVDs at least. Then again, a possibility may arrive wherein the company will separate the cutscenes or bonus content to a third DVD.

Interestingly, there’s also a similar discussion here wherein players are debating about V’s file size and disc requirement. But one thing is fore sure though, the game won’t require four disc for Xbox 360 simply because it would increase the cost of its production and won’t meet the $60 line for a triple-A title.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    SMH X-Box still stalling the release of games.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    you needed 3 ? discs to play la noire on x box? wtf man that game was horrible
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Prolly gone cop an XBox just to play this joint come spring..
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a 250 gig hdd and the only ? on it is a few demos, a ripped CD, and a few DLC things. Zero ? given so long as the game works.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    you needed 3 ? discs to play la noire on x box? wtf man that game was horrible

what? i just rented that game a few days ago because i heard nothing but positive feedback. should be coming in the mail tomorrow.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a good game, ? just mad it wasn't like true crime ny where they can run around and pat down ? and plant drugs on them.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? this ? already looks GOAT! I already pre-ordered this when I copped BO2. I can't wait for this ? game!