Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ Is The First Album Certified 30 Times Platinum

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Black people stay winning proud of my color

We the strongest race....we came from a long way!!!!!!
    #facts
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I need to purchase BAD by Michael Jackson.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Hendrix ain't seeing MJ.

Not even close

? outta here both jimi and stevie could write/play and sing. Again entertainer easily MJ. But as an all around artist MJ is not the best. The effects and techniques Hendrix used changed rock and roll forever. I know MJ could play instruments a little bit but he was only killing it with his voice and and feet.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ is my 2nd favorite musician of all time, props to the Pop King
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Hendrix ain't seeing MJ.

Not even close

? outta here both jimi and stevie could write/play and sing. Again entertainer easily MJ. But as an all around artist MJ is not the best. The effects and techniques Hendrix used changed rock and roll forever. I know MJ could play instruments a little bit but he was only killing it with his voice and and feet.

Good points but what MJ did with his dancing and voice has had a bigger impact on music overall then what Jimi and Stevie Wonder did for music. Not even talking record sales, I'm talking cultural and musical influence overall, think of all the artists Michael Jackson has influenced and how many dance and even sing like him nowadays.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hendrix ain't seeing MJ.

Not even close

Good points but what MJ did with his dancing and voice has had a bigger impact on music overall then what Jimi and Stevie Wonder did for music. Not even talking record sales, I'm talking cultural and musical influence overall, think of all the artists Michael Jackson has influenced and how many dance and even sing like him nowadays.

There would be no MJ without jimi and stevie. And take jimi outta this stevie wonder was a ? child prodigy. He literally played the majority of instruments on every track of an album. He wrote a considerable amount of his material and he could sing. The amount of work Stevie did on dozens of albums is far more than MJ contributed on his album.

Now compare Thriller to any stevie album obvsiouly you can't top thriller . But Stevie had an entire decade of classic albums (1970's) and he wrote most of it. MJ has credit for writing a very small portion of thriller.Stevie also had consistent brillance from the 1960's to the early 90's. As an artist give me Stevie Wonder's body of work any ? day over the week than MJ. As an entertainer and icon of pop culture you can't top MJ. But make no mistake Stevie easily was the better all around artist. Not dancer and singer but artist.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hendrix voice was no where near MJ

And his writing was average at best

Hendrix not ? with MJ or Prince
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hendrix ain't seeing MJ.

Not even close

There would be no MJ without jimi and stevie. And take jimi outta this stevie wonder was a ? child prodigy. He literally played the majority of instruments on every track of an album. He wrote a considerable amount of his material and he could sing. The amount of work Stevie did on dozens of albums is far more than MJ contributed on his album.

Now compare Thriller to any stevie album obvsiouly you can't top thriller . But Stevie had an entire decade of classic albums (1970's) and he wrote most of it. MJ has credit for writing a very small portion of thriller.Stevie also had consistent brillance from the 1950's to the early 90's. As an artist give me Stevie Wonder's body of work any ? day over the week than MJ. As an entertainer and icon of pop culture you can't top MJ. But make no mistake Stevie easily was the better all around artist. Not dancer and singer but artist.

^^^ Complete nonsense

1. Michael Jackson was contemporaries with Jimi Hendrix. He recorded a song called Big Boy before signing to Motown. It came out in 1968.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHUWwnajJMw

2. Stevie Wonder didn't come out until 1962 and din't really get popular until the late 60s.

Michael Jackson is contemporaries with Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Wonder.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bought a physical album i got for my record player a few months back..

im so glad to be apart of this!! *tear*
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Hendrix ain't seeing MJ.

Not even close

Now compare Thriller to any stevie album obvsiouly you can't top thriller . But Stevie had an entire decade of classic albums (1970's) and he wrote most of it. MJ has credit for writing a very small portion of thriller.Stevie also had consistent brillance from the 1950's to the early 90's. As an artist give me Stevie Wonder's body of work any ? day over the week than MJ. As an entertainer and icon of pop culture you can't top MJ. But make no mistake Stevie easily was the better all around artist. Not dancer and singer but artist.

^^^ Complete nonsense

1. Michael Jackson was contemporaries with Jimi Hendrix. He recorded a song called Big Boy before signing to Motown. It came out in 1968.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHUWwnajJMw

2. Stevie Wonder didn't come out until 1962 and din't really get popular until the late 60s.

Michael Jackson is contemporaries with Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Wonder.

MJ wasnt doing half the ? Stevie was doing in the 60's from the musical end. The jackson 5 were stars yes no doubt. However in the 60s a young stevie was composing his own music before he even got his drivers license. Jimi in the late 60s was in his prime killing it. Yeah he wasn't the best singer but his talent both with the guitar and with lyrics and causes was far more involved than just the natural singing talents of MJ.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    Greatest overall artist of all time

Greatest Entertainer maybe but artist hell no

Hendrix and Stevie Wonder >>>>>>

monizzle why you always goin against the grain mate?

random bloke: the sky is blue

monizzle: nah it's a very light green
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hendrix ain't seeing MJ.

Not even close

not a fair comparison tbh. He was only 3 years into his professional career. That;s like MJ dying after Off The Wall
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike wasn't just making great music, he was uniting people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSzrmKdTvDI
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well let's take it back to the thriller days. Position commercial https://youtu.be/po0jY4WvCIc
  • 270crownst
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^? had a young Carlton
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I love Hendrix he isn't fckin with the King man. A lot of the JIMI legend is more his flair and style on top of his guitar skills in my opinion. MJ was the total package to me. Folks been tryin to be like Mike for decades word to Justin, CB, Omarion and all these other folks just to name a few.
  • 270crownst
    Options
    No one is better then mike