African Pride

Options
bbkg79
bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
Can anyone drop some jewels we all can be proud of, or at least point us in the right direction to find cultural GOATness that's equal too or greater than this? I can't front, if I was Chinese I'd be proud as hell. Seeing this has inspired me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWYC_Sai7c&sns=em

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Civilization, artwork, the art of fishing, boats, mathematics, geometry, herbal remedies, C Section, open heart surgery, storing food for long periods of time, farming, buildings, temples, spirituality, and etc. We are the cradle.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first non Jew to receive the gospel message of salvation of Yeshua Ha Mashiach was the Ethiopian ? !!!!!

What a heritage and honor the children of Ham were given. Hallelujah!

Philip and the Ethiopian

26Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopiana ? , an important official in charge of all the treasury of the Kandake (which means “queen of the Ethiopians”). This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet. 29The Spirit told Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.”

30Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.

31“How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

32This is the passage of Scripture the ? was reading:

“He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
    and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
    so he did not open his mouth.
    33In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
    Who can speak of his descendants?
    For his life was taken from the earth.”
    34The ? asked Philip, “Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?” 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the ? said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” 37Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” The ? answered, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of ? .” 38And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the ? went down into the water and Philip baptized him. 39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the ? did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. 40Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea.
    Acts 8:26-40

PRAISE ?
    PRAISE ?
    PRAISE ?

tumblr_inline_my13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first non Jew to receive the gospel message of salvation of Yeshua Ha Mashiach was the Ethiopian ? !!!!!

What a heritage and honor the children of Ham were given. Hallelujah!

Philip and the Ethiopian

26Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopiana ? , an important official in charge of all the treasury of the Kandake (which means “queen of the Ethiopians”). This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet. 29The Spirit told Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.”

30Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.

31“How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

32This is the passage of Scripture the ? was reading:

“He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
    and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
    so he did not open his mouth.
    33In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
    Who can speak of his descendants?
    For his life was taken from the earth.”
    34The ? asked Philip, “Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?” 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the ? said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” 37Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” The ? answered, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of ? .” 38And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the ? went down into the water and Philip baptized him. 39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the ? did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. 40Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea.
    Acts 8:26-40

PRAISE ?
    PRAISE ?
    PRAISE ?

tumblr_inline_my13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif

Zondervan’s Compact Bible Dictionary:

Ham – The youngest son of Noah, born probably about 96 years before the Flood; and one of eight persons to live through the Flood. He became the progenitor of the dark races; not the Negroes, but the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Libyans and Canaanites

Food for thought.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ethiopia is in Africa.

African pride for the win @Judge_Judah

Amen.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Ethiopia is in Africa.

Amen.

I couldn't resist the opportunity.

But on topic:

Sierra Leone: How Traditional Healers Helped Defeat Ebola

http://allafrica.com/stories/201511051709.html
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    We understood the binary code before the Europeans knew about it

http://www.academia.edu/5315636/A_Comparative_Study_of_Ifa_Divination_and_Computer_Science

15,000 year old housing

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/822646-15000-year-old-houses-found-in-africa-show-advanced-skills/

which they believe are the latest of even more ancient sites of housing.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    From Benin

hb_1979.206.86_1_.jpg
    hb_1991.17.2_1_.jpg
    Benin-horseman.crop_.jpg?itok=X65YyTSFchingueti.jpg

Nigeria Yoruba

ife-art-21.jpg
    twin77_acrobats_det.jpg
    twins-77-three.jpg

Malian

NA-DjenneMali-01B.jpg
    architecture1.jpg
    6928571116_c969cca2a0_c.jpeg

Tichitt Walatta

This is older than 2,000 BCE.

oualata-1.gif

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice stuff Ajack
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Nice stuff Ajack

Thanks man, I have to drop some real history and knowledge.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some pretty cool kingdoms/empires are Mali was pretty GOAT Zulu was pretty GOAT (before Shaka went ? nuts and imperialism)
  • bbkg79
    Options
    Keep it coming! Thank you so much
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A Nigerian man at one point helped create the fastest computer in the world.....he also helped create wi-fi internet and improved the speed of search engines

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/computer-science/emeagwali_philip.html

Philip Emeagwali's father went to school with Chike Obi, the first African to get a Ph.D. in Mathematics. Philip Emeagwali was born in 1954 in Nigeria.

Philip Emeagwali designed the program and formula for the fastest computer on earth, the Connection Machine. He designed the system of parallel computers that are used by all search engines, for example Yahoo or Search.com. The parallel computer idea was also worked on by individuals such as Burton Smith and Daniel Hillis.

The Connection Machine with a program developed by Philip Emeagwali solved a 350 year old packing problem that was considered to be one of the great unsolved mathematics problems. The Connection Machine and Mr. Emeagwali also designed equations to explain how sperm swim, how polluted groundwater flows, how the Earth's interior moves and causes volcanic eruptions, finally how to recover petroleum safer and in larger quantities.

Finally Philip Emeagwali designed the Hyperball computer which is able to forecast long-term global warming patterns.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Nigerian man at one point helped create the fastest computer in the world.....he also helped create wi-fi internet and improved the speed of search engines

Philip Emeagwali's father went to school with Chike Obi, the first African to get a Ph.D. in Mathematics. Philip Emeagwali was born in 1954 in Nigeria.

Philip Emeagwali designed the program and formula for the fastest computer on earth, the Connection Machine. He designed the system of parallel computers that are used by all search engines, for example Yahoo or Search.com. The parallel computer idea was also worked on by individuals such as Burton Smith and Daniel Hillis.

The Connection Machine with a program developed by Philip Emeagwali solved a 350 year old packing problem that was considered to be one of the great unsolved mathematics problems. The Connection Machine and Mr. Emeagwali also designed equations to explain how sperm swim, how polluted groundwater flows, how the Earth's interior moves and causes volcanic eruptions, finally how to recover petroleum safer and in larger quantities.

Finally Philip Emeagwali designed the Hyperball computer which is able to forecast long-term global warming patterns.

There's alot of unsung heroes in the tech field.
  • bbkg79
    Options
    Ethiopia is in Africa.

Amen.

But on topic:

@DoUwant2go2Heaven I was thinking the same thing. I always looked at anyone from Africa (unless you look like Charlize Theron and claim to be from there) as one, even though they may not look at me or anyone else from the continent that way.

@Judge_Judah could you elaborate on "Not The Negroes"? Excuse my ignorance, I'm lost!
    Also thanks for the article, there's a lot of good and bad in there. Healers not getting paid, nor respected due to some bad apples in the bunch who even succumbed to their own practices, smh. I'm guilty of getting caught up in my own bs and not caring about what's going on in the only place I should care about. Those statistics in that article made my heart hurt.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

There's alot of unsung heroes in the tech field.

Yeah that's true. But as time goes on, more stories will be heard hopefully
  • bbkg79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I promise I will respond to every contribution in this thread!

Mom dukes told me recently, while attending Brooklyn College, students were given the opportunity to have a guest speaker come. The school would give the person invited like $100-200 dollars for their time. Well my mother invites Dr. Ben, when the teacher caught wind of who she was inviting. He threatened my mom with failing the course and possible expulsion. Dr. Ben came through anyway, told my mother not to worry about that. She said the place was packed to the brim with lines out the door to hear this man drop knowledge. All the books brought with him were sold out that evening too. My parents planted many seeds in my dome as a shorty, things are coming full circle now. I've been watching this lately, haven't finished, and I think this video trumps my Asian brother and sisters display above.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRi7IoPjho
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »

Mom dukes told me recently, while attending Brooklyn College, students were given the opportunity to have a guest speaker come. The school would give the person invited like $100-200 dollars for their time. Well my mother invites Dr. Ben, when the teacher caught wind of who she was inviting. He threatened my mom with failing the course and possible expulsion. Dr. Ben came through anyway, told my mother not to worry about that. She said the place was packed to the brim with lines out the door to hear this man drop knowledge. All the books brought with him were sold out that evening too. My parents planted many seeds in my dome as a shorty, things are coming full circle now. I've been watching this lately, haven't finished, and I think this video trumps my Asian brother and sisters display above.

Cause he is the truth let him rest in power
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Ethiopia is in Africa.

Amen.

But on topic:

@DoUwant2go2Heaven I was thinking the same thing. I always looked at anyone from Africa (unless you look like Charlize Theron and claim to be from there) as one, even though they may not look at me or anyone else from the continent that way.

@Judge_Judah could you elaborate on "Not The Negroes"? Excuse my ignorance, I'm lost!
    Also thanks for the article, there's a lot of good and bad in there. Healers not getting paid, nor respected due to some bad apples in the bunch who even succumbed to their own practices, smh. I'm guilty of getting caught up in my own bs and not caring about what's going on in the only place I should care about. Those statistics in that article made my heart hurt.

It's funny that you posted this. But I identify as a Hebrew Israelite. I've been studying under The Gathering of Christ Church. If interested, shoot me a PM and ill point you in the direction to get some insight as to why I believe many of us AA are descendants of the biblical Israelites.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bbkg79
    Options
    In that Dr. Ben video I posted he touches on facts similar to this. It's amazing we're literally the origins of just about everything.
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

http://www.academia.edu/5315636/A_Comparative_Study_of_Ifa_Divination_and_Computer_Science

15,000 year old housing

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/822646-15000-year-old-houses-found-in-africa-show-advanced-skills/

That's dope, I can't lie though it bothers me that I've never seen or heard of a black Archaeologist. Anyone know of any?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    In that Dr. Ben video I posted he touches on facts similar to this. It's amazing we're literally the origins of just about everything.

15,000 year old housing

That's dope, I can't lie though it bothers me that I've never seen or heard of a black Archaeologist. Anyone know of any?

http://www.societyofblackarchaeologists.com/
  • bbkg79
    Options
    Pound and a bear hug b!

15,000 year old housing

http://www.societyofblackarchaeologists.com/

• bbkg79
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I got a ? in my back b, I'm filled with pride, I swear I'm gonna be bopping when I walk lol. Quote from the www.africaontheblog.com site

"What I’ve stated above shows that African have a rich history to celebrate and take pride in. Africans have to look to our rich and varied past, not just our art, and oral history to find a source and basis for our development and progress, but also learning from others about how we can reclaim that which has been lost, only then will we form a basic foundation for moving forward."
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I got a ? in my back b, I'm filled with pride, I swear I'm gonna be bopping when I walk lol. Quote from the www.africaontheblog.com site

"What I’ve stated above shows that African have a rich history to celebrate and take pride in. Africans have to look to our rich and varied past, not just our art, and oral history to find a source and basis for our development and progress, but also learning from others about how we can reclaim that which has been lost, only then will we form a basic foundation for moving forward."

Yeah, it's a great feeling knowing we have such a rich history....if more knew, then more would see their potential.