Women Dating Men For Free Meals

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Her motto is simple: Do whatever it takes to go on dates with men and eat at some of Toronto's fanciest spots. For free.

According to Toronto Life, 23-year-old struggling actress Erin Wotherspoon has a 48-restaurant-long wishlist of some of the city's finest dining spots. But she knows they don't come cheap.

"I’ve got a pretty face and a pretty extensive Urban Spoon wishlist. We all know that getting what you want in life can be tough. Which is why I’ve decided to let someone else finance my dreams. My dream? To eat in pretty restaurants without costing me a penny," she writes on her personal blog. "You had me at elk tartare, lost me at chin strap. Follow me to learn who I screw over, bang and love as I navigate Toronto’s diners, drive-ins and dives."

Wotherspoon's blog posts include snippets of her dates. In her latest, she describes a visit to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet where she wore sweats and ate unidentifiable sushi. She says the date was a "meal well wasted."

More of her blog entries describe pretending to be Jewish to land a date on J Date (a Jewish dating site) and a time someone asked her to split the bill. After spending her own money, Wotherspoon even added she would probably stick to dating guys who are "fresh off the boat and literally have no friend based established in the country yet."

Wotherspoon's antics have received a lot of attention online.

One Toronto Life commenter, Rishi Sethi, said, "Oh please. Men have been duping women into dates just to get laid forever," while an anonymous commenter said, "I just can't wait for a guy to take her to a super expensive resto and then dine and dash on her leaving her to pick up the bill which she can't afford." Another 280 comments also appeared in a Reddit thread, asking Toronto men to "watch out."

And her take on all this? "Don’t be such a university student about this. Let’s give it some time before we get all psychoanalysis freudian oedipus complex shame base egocentric feminist on this one. These guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me."

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds profitable to me
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mane ? dat ? . And where the pics of this chick at
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not news worthy

Dating sites, apps, etc allow ? to ? more chicks than ever before

And they allow women to get more free first dates than ever before. Just don't let it be you

Yall nigas better not come in here cryin. Iil ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is not new at all. Just this ? is blogging about it.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWEAR AMERICAS STANDARD OF BEAUTY IS LOW!
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i want my $7 & gas money back brah .
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a ? if she's a dime i'll take a ? to Applebee's
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    ...smh

i shoulda neveer took that ? to chili's.

Chili's is gross

They have pushed that southwestern flavor overboard

I got sick last time I went.....I can't go back
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

first off, ? all the women who think they are getting over on ? by doing this. they silly as ? .

i've said my philosophy on this type of ? on here a couple times. if i go out to eat and invite a chick, it aint nothing to spend crazy money on food because odds are, i was going to do it regardless of her company.

you aint gonna pull a fast one on me.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but the idea of having to entertain a man for an hour and a half just for a free meal hardly seems worth it.

I'd rather hit the dollar menu and save myself the headache.

Maybe she is being entertained by them tryng to get in her panties as well, kat.
    i ro ny wrote: »
    first off, ? all the women who think they are getting over on ? by doing this. they silly as ? .

i've said my philosophy on this type of ? on here a couple times. if i go out to eat and invite a chick, it aint nothing to spend crazy money on food because odds are, i was going to do it regardless of her company.

Nobodys pulling a fast on on u cause u'd prolly do it to yourself.
    inviting ? out for just dinner IS giving em a free meal
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heaven forbid y'all feed these bishes before you smash... Smh...

I don't condone dating just to get a few meal though. That should be a happy addition to going out with someone you're interested in. It's not required that he pays all of the time. But if/when he does... Well that's just extra brownie points he's earning...
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but the idea of having to entertain a man for an hour and a half just for a free meal hardly seems worth it.

I'd rather hit the dollar menu and save myself the headache.

Maybe she is being entertained by them tryng to get in her panties as well, kat.
    i ro ny wrote: »

Nobodys pulling a fast on on u cause u'd prolly do it to yourself.
    inviting ? out for just dinner IS giving em a free meal

its more like tagging along in certain cases. and nah, nobody is pulling a fast one on me.
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Don't hate the player hate game.

I'm actually more disgusted by simps than I'm with some of these hoes.

Mane ? dat ? . And where the pics of this chick at

Standards for Simps are at an All-Time low

article-2482913-191DE8D100000578-280_634x467.jpg

I would take that ? to mc donalds but only if i didnt get laid for 8 weeks... which will never happen.. a ? in a club told me one time she will only speak to me if i pay her drinks, i told her why the ? you think i want to speak to you, there are 50 other ? i can speak to and now get me a beer than we can talk... that ? actually worked 10 minutes later she was back with my beer..i felt like a ? that night..
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heaven forbid y'all feed these bishes before you smash... Smh...

I don't condone dating just to get a few meal though. That should be a happy addition to going out with someone you're interested in. It's not required that he pays all of the time. But if/when he does... Well that's just extra brownie points he's earning...

I don't mind feeding a chick

Jus don't expect me to break the bank

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care to go out on dates, but only if she is interested in me, if not then we are going dutch.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I don't mind paying on a date, especially if I ask her out. Most likely this ? ain't asking no one out, I'm sure her inbox blowing up. It's whatever.