Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Brilliant Idiots (Charlamagne & Friend)

Joe Budden Podcast Vol. 51

Tax Season (The Mendeecees Harris Episode)

The Combat Jack Shoe (The Seven Five Michael Dowd Episode)

The Corner Podcast (MMA, Wrestling, Boxing & HipHop Related)

VladTV (The G-Herbo Episode 43)
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only one of these i dont listen to is vlad's.
    Check out Runaway Jukebox, there's also guys that didnt like Kendrick's last album in there, so people with ? taste in this site can relate too.
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    That last episode from the Joe Budden podcast was hilarious tho, Rory trying too hard, the ? 's always been annoying as ? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That last episode from the Joe Budden podcast was hilarious tho, Rory trying too hard, the ? 's always been annoying as ? .
    only one of these i dont listen to is vlad's.
    Check out Runaway Jukebox, there's also guys that didnt like Kendrick's last album in there, so people with ? taste in this site can relate too.

Appreciate that you take the time to listen to these podcasts bruh. Every podcast aint for everybody but there's def a podcast out there for somebody.

#salute
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There should be a sticky thread for podcasts

Im lookin for 1 right now to listen to
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    Runaway Jukebox is good.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Runaway Jukebox is good.

Never heard of it. They do reviews or interviews?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall hate Rosenberg. but the Juan epstein podcast is goat to me
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Runaway Jukebox is good.

Never heard of it. They do reviews or interviews?

Sometimes they do, they usually just speak about hip hop in general.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Joe Rogan Experience #763 - Action Bronson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCLKoT6sDZE

Watched that the other day. They didnt talk about rap at all.

Joe Rogan dont know ? about hiphop. He had Gary Clark Jr on the other week & asked him what he liked to listen to as a kid, Gary said chopped & screwed music & Texas rappers like Paul Wall.

Rogan had no idea what C&S music was and asked if Paul Wall was "that white guy with braces"
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great idea. This ? deserves a sticky
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I couldnt get through the whole thing, it was so boring, the immortal technique ones are way better
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

I couldnt get through the whole thing, it was so boring, the immortal technique ones are way better

I only ? with Rogan depending on the guest.

He loves to hear himself talk more than the person he interviews and is mad ADD with the way he googles ? during interviews.

Plus all his interviews be like 2+ hrs
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I'll post them soon I just been kinda off my ? . Soundcloud got all the hook ups. Will post very soon. Let me get thus cabbage outchea.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure a thread like this has been made before but ? it. Most of us have at least 8 hours of boredom to ? on a daily basis and we all love rap so what are you listening to through out your day?? This a good place to recommend and talk about some of the good ? that's out there??

Typical day for me:

Leave for work at 6:30 AM (1 hour commute). On the way to work I'm most likely either playing an older album on my 120 GB ipod or have my ? on shuffle. 1 or 2 days out the week I listen to Boom 107.9 Philadelphia Throwback Hip Hop with Ed Lover and Monie Love, this station is also on the iHeartRadio app. If there's an interesting interview on the Power 105 NYC Breakfast Club I'll tune in via iheartradio but can't listen too long because that station becomes intolerable. Also sometimes listen to sports radio during football season.

Get to work at 7:30. This is when I check my Soundcloud app on my phone. I use this to keep up with a lot of the newer generation of ? . That's where a lot of people put their ? out first. This where I hear a lot of big ? first whether it be from Kanye or Drake's page but also where you could discover artists that are just starting to bubble as well as some of the local artists I like to keep up with like this rapper named Asaad or AR-Ab. I also follow a range of different people that post different mixes from dancehall (MissGaza) to New Orleans bounce music (New Orleans Bounce). Gotta dabble in every genre.

Next I'm probably listening to new mixtapes, albums, songs I added to my ipod.

Then we go to podcasts. Here are my favorites on the podcasts app on iTunes:

NPR Microphone Check with Ali Shaheed Muhammad. This is a great podcast that's complete opposite of the foolishness like the Breakfast Club. He interviews a wide range of people from Solange Knowles to Freddie Gibbs to Future and to me with his partner Fran asks great questions about the creative process and some technical aspects of the music in a respectful yet personable manner.

Final Level with Ice T and ? Benzo. Ice T is hilarious and thorough as hell with his co-host from NY. You can learn a lot of historical ? from this podcast when he interviews some of the founders of hip hop from the late 70's and early 80's. He also interviews some newer artists or someone somehow involved in the hip hop community like Chris Rock or Pimpin Ken. Very insightful.

The Combat Jack Show. Most of y'all know this guy used to be a lawyer for Rocafella Records. This is one of the more prominent podcasts. I believe it's been going for many years. He has a lot of guests, some times hardly hip hop related. You could catch him interviewing Russell Simmons to a member of Full Force to NY drug kingpin Peter Shue. Normally the interviews are pretty good but he can be annoying and corny sometimes when he's trying too hard.

Tax Season. This Tax Stone guy is kinda new on the scene. Duke claims to be a reformed street dude from Brownsville and basically came up off of Twitter. Recently he sparked the drama with Cam'ron in his Karen Civil interview. He has some cool new type guests some times and then he'll interview some irrelevant reality tv or popular twitter people. He tries too hard at times to me too but I gotta give him props for sonning Joe Buddens...

Other podcasts I listen to are The Steve Austin Show, Bodega Boys and other sports related podcasts. Please recommend more if you got any!

One of my favorite new things I discovered was Apple Radio for people who got Apple Music. I try to catch it live as much as possible but all the episodes are archived. Sometimes it's interviews and some times it's mostly mix shows or a combination. I appreciate both. Here's what I listen to:

Abstract Radio with Q-Tip. The greatest ? ever if you love soul, jazz, hip hop and music in general. Q-Tip is ? cold on the 1s and 2s and you know his collection is deep as hell. A lot of rare records and great guests!!

We The Best Radio with DJ Khaled. If you didn't know Khaled is pretty versatile with his ? . He's a good DJ! It's actually perfect to warm up to as it's live at 8 PM on Friday nights. Great to get your spirits right before partying!

OVO Sound Radio. This is Drake's people. They often premier new ? like they did with Charged Up, What a Time To Be Alive, Summer Sixteen, etc.. This is a cool mixture of new ? that's popping like Kodak Black and sounds that inspire our Canadian brethren.

Soulection. This a collective of music heads from LA that are into all types of music from latin to hip hop to house. They often put together remixes of records you know and don't know, they're known for the eclectic mixes. A lot of younger more abstract artistic type people are into them.

The Pharmacy with Dr. Dre
    Real Talk with Mary J. Blige
    Rocket Hour with Elton John

Even y'all boy Ebro got a jawn on Apple Music. That's not my cup of tea but maybe y'all like it.

On the way home I may check out Power 99 Philly for some new ? that's popping or be vibing to my iPod. Saturday mornings always reserved for playing classic soul vinyl on my record player to keep me grounded.

Other than that I hardly go on websites to find new ? . I mostly go by word in the streets, what I see on social media, the IC, etc... What's y'all sources of music information inspiration in 2016?? Technology so crazy nowadays, I'm just trying to keep up.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never been into streaming per se however I'm more inclined to use Datpiff and SoundCloud for obscure music like Neosoul

Abstract Radio with Q-Tip. The greatest ? ever if you love soul, jazz, hip hop and music in general. Q-Tip is ? cold on the 1s and 2s and you know his collection is deep as hell. A lot of rare records and great guests!!

Thanks for this. I had no idea and has Tip mentioned anything regarding a new album?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Combat Jack, Ice T - Final Level and Steve Bunce's ESPN Boxing Podcast before it got taken down for some strange reason... They make my drive alot smoother when Im not playing music...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Yo I need to check Tax Season, never heard of Q Tip's, good drop Ima check that out too...
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Combat Jack, Ice T - Final Level and Steve Bunce's ESPN Boxing Podcast before it got taken down for some strange reason... They make my drive alot smoother when Im not playing music...

I've actually been looking for a boxing podcast. Let me know if you find one.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I've actually been looking for a boxing podcast. Let me know if you find one.

Shame you didnt check Bunce's ESPN one, it was the biggest/best in the world according to some people and possibly the stats... But for some reason it just disappeared...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I listen to Joe Budden's podcast and a Jets podcast weekly. That's about it. I'm too lazy to get into other podcasts.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    @rip.dilla @water ur seeds

Bruh Q-Tip's ? is mind blowing. He has 27 episodes so far. I just got Apple Music a couple weeks ago so I've only gone back through the archives a little. Didn't hear any mention of an album. But he was interviewing Raekwon and killed the ? out of a Purple Tape mix. Like duke is extremely nice on the turntables. Not surprising. I listen to his interview with Busta Rhymes, he did tributes for David Bowie and Maurice White. And I listened to his last episode live a couple days ago with this girl named Natasha Diggs who he used to have a joint residency at Santos in NYC with. They were killing the ? , all 45s, a bunch of ? I never heard before. So glad because I discovered Natasha has a residency in NYC every Friday no cover, guests like Large Professor, etc.. and the theme is all songs are horn inspired no matter the genre:

I'm definitely about to check her ? out in a couple weeks. This type of ? is a blessing.

I wonder if it's a way y'all could access Abstract Radio without Apple Music. I know Soulection also posts their ? on Soundcloud so maybe it would be a way for y'all to get it somewhere. It's already a huge source of inspiration for me. You gotta think, these late 80's, 90's hip hop producers that have like 50,000 vinyls have heard so much ? they have access to a wealth of music knowledge. I think it's great now certain artists are getting these outlets because they're the ones emerged in the ? the most.