Power Trading Radio
    Tha Boxing Voice
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tax Season
    Combat Jack
    Just started Rap Radar
    Bodega Boys (a comedy/popular topics based show)
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn.no love for juan epstein? Their ? is fire. I'm sick of combat jack. Npr is dope.
    Mike Tyson and Peter rosenberg supposedly got a podcast coming g out soon
    I downloaded a youtube downloader. Ive been downloading everything patrice oneal related lately. He was a genius. Rip
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I'm sure a thread like this has been made before but ? it. Most of us have at least 8 hours of boredom to ? on a daily basis and we all love rap so what are you listening to through out your day?? This a good place to recommend and talk about some of the good ? that's out there??

Typical day for me:

Leave for work at 6:30 AM (1 hour commute). On the way to work I'm most likely either playing an older album on my 120 GB ipod or have my ? on shuffle. 1 or 2 days out the week I listen to Boom 107.9 Philadelphia Throwback Hip Hop with Ed Lover and Monie Love, this station is also on the iHeartRadio app. If there's an interesting interview on the Power 105 NYC Breakfast Club I'll tune in via iheartradio but can't listen too long because that station becomes intolerable. Also sometimes listen to sports radio during football season.

Get to work at 7:30. This is when I check my Soundcloud app on my phone. I use this to keep up with a lot of the newer generation of ? . That's where a lot of people put their ? out first. This where I hear a lot of big ? first whether it be from Kanye or Drake's page but also where you could discover artists that are just starting to bubble as well as some of the local artists I like to keep up with like this rapper named Asaad or AR-Ab. I also follow a range of different people that post different mixes from dancehall (MissGaza) to New Orleans bounce music (New Orleans Bounce). Gotta dabble in every genre.

Next I'm probably listening to new mixtapes, albums, songs I added to my ipod.

Then we go to podcasts. Here are my favorites on the podcasts app on iTunes:

NPR Microphone Check with Ali Shaheed Muhammad. This is a great podcast that's complete opposite of the foolishness like the Breakfast Club. He interviews a wide range of people from Solange Knowles to Freddie Gibbs to Future and to me with his partner Fran asks great questions about the creative process and some technical aspects of the music in a respectful yet personable manner.

Final Level with Ice T and ? Benzo. Ice T is hilarious and thorough as hell with his co-host from NY. You can learn a lot of historical ? from this podcast when he interviews some of the founders of hip hop from the late 70's and early 80's. He also interviews some newer artists or someone somehow involved in the hip hop community like Chris Rock or Pimpin Ken. Very insightful.

The Combat Jack Show. Most of y'all know this guy used to be a lawyer for Rocafella Records. This is one of the more prominent podcasts. I believe it's been going for many years. He has a lot of guests, some times hardly hip hop related. You could catch him interviewing Russell Simmons to a member of Full Force to NY drug kingpin Peter Shue. Normally the interviews are pretty good but he can be annoying and corny sometimes when he's trying too hard.

Tax Season. This Tax Stone guy is kinda new on the scene. Duke claims to be a reformed street dude from Brownsville and basically came up off of Twitter. Recently he sparked the drama with Cam'ron in his Karen Civil interview. He has some cool new type guests some times and then he'll interview some irrelevant reality tv or popular twitter people. He tries too hard at times to me too but I gotta give him props for sonning Joe Buddens...

Other podcasts I listen to are The Steve Austin Show, Bodega Boys and other sports related podcasts. Please recommend more if you got any!

One of my favorite new things I discovered was Apple Radio for people who got Apple Music. I try to catch it live as much as possible but all the episodes are archived. Sometimes it's interviews and some times it's mostly mix shows or a combination. I appreciate both. Here's what I listen to:

Abstract Radio with Q-Tip. The greatest ? ever if you love soul, jazz, hip hop and music in general. Q-Tip is ? cold on the 1s and 2s and you know his collection is deep as hell. A lot of rare records and great guests!!

We The Best Radio with DJ Khaled. If you didn't know Khaled is pretty versatile with his ? . He's a good DJ! It's actually perfect to warm up to as it's live at 8 PM on Friday nights. Great to get your spirits right before partying!

OVO Sound Radio. This is Drake's people. They often premier new ? like they did with Charged Up, What a Time To Be Alive, Summer Sixteen, etc.. This is a cool mixture of new ? that's popping like Kodak Black and sounds that inspire our Canadian brethren.

Soulection. This a collective of music heads from LA that are into all types of music from latin to hip hop to house. They often put together remixes of records you know and don't know, they're known for the eclectic mixes. A lot of younger more abstract artistic type people are into them.

The Pharmacy with Dr. Dre
    Real Talk with Mary J. Blige
    Rocket Hour with Elton John

Even y'all boy Ebro got a jawn on Apple Music. That's not my cup of tea but maybe y'all like it.

On the way home I may check out Power 99 Philly for some new ? that's popping or be vibing to my iPod. Saturday mornings always reserved for playing classic soul vinyl on my record player to keep me grounded.

Other than that I hardly go on websites to find new ? . I mostly go by word in the streets, what I see on social media, the IC, etc... What's y'all sources of music information inspiration in 2016?? Technology so crazy nowadays, I'm just trying to keep up.

He didn't son budden tho but anyway i listen to budden pod cast every now and then I'll check out combat jack later this week
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beatminerz Radio
    Rockness Monsta's Monsta Monday
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only two hip hop podcasts i listen to are
    Joe budden
    Combat jack

Other podcasts
    Dan lebatard
    Joe rogan
    Cbs and espn fantasy football
    Serial
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brilliant Idiots is pretty good too
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make sure to check out Ice T's podcast. So much old school greatness on there.
  • double jay
    double jay Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    For me, its the following:
    Bomani Jones
    Tony Kornheiser Show
    First Take
    Taxtone
    Chris Jherico
    Im going to check out that Q TIp show
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else noticed how Joe said 2 weeks ago that he aint know if he's still signed to Shady Records? does it mean no more SH?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    VladTV: Taxstone Episode 46
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    The Brilliant Idiots: Turtle Back ? Episode (Talk Blackish, Kanye, Race Issues, Why as Blacks we dont have to vote Democrats, and more)
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Joe Budden Episode 54: Peter Rosenberg is back
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Tax Season: The Plies Episode
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    The Combat Jack Show: The Bowlegged Lou Episode
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Ice T Final Level Podcast: Episode 46 Aftika Bambaataa and Mr. Biggs Bridging The Generation Gap
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Make sure to check out Ice T's podcast. So much old school greatness on there.
    Where @smp4life
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope thread. I want to listen to more podcasts but so far I've only been keeping up with Combat Jack thats a good one. Definitely bout to check up the Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Buddens
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Afropop Worldwide:
    Music from or African centered very dope u never hear the same thing twice, plus they explain the music and the history, conditions or influences. U can listen to this in the office or at home.

Alias Smith and Leroy:
    Very deep interviews with comedy and a 360 look at many diverse guests my favorite episodes are Bishop Magic Don Juan, Luenell and Tichina Arnold. There havent done new episodes in a couple of months though but very good podcast

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here you go @TheGOAT

Yea salute for this but as u can see someone had to make another podcast thread even after i bumped this year old thread

SMH
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop Dogg GGN or B-Real Dr. Greenthumb if your a stoner. B-Real also got The Smokebox. He takes mostly rappers, sometimes comedians or actors and smokes them out in an old school Caddy.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't digg white comidians or their humor but if your a stoner there is a comidian named Doug Benson. He has one called Getting Doug With High where for 45 mins him and a guest are smoking weed and talking about cannabis topics which I find very intriguing. If you smoke and can get past his dorky white humor it's actually pretty dope
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No Jumper wit the ? you old ass ? worthless ....worthless only podcast i can watch the whole way threw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv6qSCxgogc