What other means of travel could aliens use besides space craft

Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Social Lounge
If aliens are a billion years more advanced then us wouldn't they find a better means of navigating through space.

Comments

• theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    since they would be traveling planet to planet, i would guess space craft would be the only option since there isn't any certain blueprint for creating this type of travel.
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Teleportation, perhaps mental projection, wormholes but i guess a ship of some kind would still be used. Those are the only 3 i could think of.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited July 2010
    since they would be traveling planet to planet, i would guess space craft would be the only option since there isn't any certain blueprint for creating this type of travel.

Couldn't they use a decoy asteroid that encompassed all the buiding blocks and components of their species to populate the intended planet. If their so advanced their powerful telescopes should be able to observe us just as we might observe a colony of ants
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Let me guess you think humans are the end all be all of the whole universe and nothing else exists,right?
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Id think with very complex mathematics and knowledge of the exact place you want to transport yourself to, teleportation is definately possible.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited July 2010
    Let me guess you think humans are the end all be all of the whole universe and nothing else exists,right?

Of course not. I think quite the opposite. I'm open to all ideas regarding the possibility of life beyond our planet. However, I feel that perception of what aliens may be is starkly influenced by our own perception of reality here on earth. Other forms of life could be completely incomprehensible to the human mind along with their advanced technology.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Couldn't they use a decoy asteroid that encompassed all the buiding blocks and components of their species to populate the intended planet. If their so advanced their powerful telescopes should be able to observe us just as we might observe a colony of ants

i have no clue about extraterrestrial life, so I don't know what they would be capable or not capable of doing.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    interdeminsional wormholes
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Dude's thoughts emanating from his forehead 4 posts up.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    Dude's thoughts emanating from his forehead 4 posts up.

If that was for me, get your weak ass back in the gym
    Are you even flexing? LOL
    Its always the dudes hiding thier face behind a camera flash that want to throw a brick and hide thier hand
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Other forms of life could be completely incomprehensible to the human mind along with their advanced technology.

This is most likely.
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    This is most likely.

can you imagine that tho? not being able to comprehend their math or language or everyday tools?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    If that was for me, get your weak ass back in the gym
    Are you even flexing? LOL
    Its always the dudes hiding thier face behind a camera flash that want to throw a brick and hide thier hand

I thought you were somebody else, my bad. You look like this guy we used to call Headquarters.

I should have known by the intelligent answer you submitted you were head and shoulders above that dude. My fault ? .
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited July 2010
    Spacecraft is what people been barking since the genesis.. Wormholes, etc. are all theories yet to be proven..
    #1 form.. is through your mind.. your 3rd eye.. many reports of people visiting distant planets and communicating with rare souls through this form.. on some K-PAX ? .. If your a nonbeliever, try out some kundalini, yoga, or dmt.. its very possible..

this is in my mind- unless they actually COME here in a ship, the only way they would travel..
    We see Mars, Venus, Mercury, etc. as life-less planets.. how so? cuz we cant see HUMAN flesh?? what if those planets are full of souls, things you cant even see???
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited July 2010
    Spacecraft is what people been barking since the genesis.. Wormholes, etc. are all theories yet to be proven..
    #1 form.. is through your mind.. your 3rd eye.. many reports of people visiting distant planets and communicating with rare souls through this form.. on some K-PAX ? .. If your a nonbeliever, try out some kundalini, yoga, or dmt.. its very possible..

this is in my mind- unless they actually COME here in a ship, the only way they would travel..
    We see Mars, Venus, Mercury, etc. as life-less planets.. how so? cuz we cant see HUMAN flesh?? what if those planets are full of souls, things you cant even see???

Very interesting point. What if an advanced civilization literally "out grew" their technology and transended into spiritual beings. A species so advanced they are no longer dependent on technology. Perhaps they were just dependent on technology as were are today.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Imagine if you dropped a 2nd century farmer in Times Square.

He'd be freaked the ? out. Wouldn't understand none of what he was seeing.

If (assuming global warming/nuclear war/asteroids/our robot slaves don't wipe us out) YOU were dropped in NYC circa 4010 A.D, your reaction would be similar.

So if you're talking an alien civilization that's a MILLIONS of years more advanced.........?

Whoa.

The technology would literally be beyond our comprehension. ? a spaceship at that point, them cats could prolly just....look up at the sky, think "I feel like goin somewhere" and fly off to another....planet? Naw, ? , try GALAXY SUPERCLUSTER. Or even Galaxy Filament (largest known structures in the universe). Or maybe some other super-crazy part of the universe we won't discover for centuries....

So all that said, I really really really think that any aliens visiting Earth DEF got the technology to conceal their presence. And they way too smart to land in D.C and do all that Sci-Fi movie nonsense. I think Star Trek: TNG got it right in this regard with "The Prime Directive". Introducing their hyper-advanced technology to our immature-ass species would ? ? up ? .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    meditation and tapping into our chackras, i also agree that alot of species probably don't even need to talk or use their bodies anymore, they can communicate telepathically. I wouldn't be suprise if we (all beings) live many lives going through in multiple dimensions on our way to the source that created us.

Then again maybe we have the capabilities to create our own presence but we are too young of a race to understand how to.
  • bknugga
    bknugga Members Posts: 107
    edited July 2010
    Maybe they would be energy based creatures which would get rid of alot of the physical constraints associated with long range travel.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited July 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Imagine if you dropped a 2nd century farmer in Times Square.

He'd be freaked the ? out. Wouldn't understand none of what he was seeing.

If (assuming global warming/nuclear war/asteroids/our robot slaves don't wipe us out) YOU were dropped in NYC circa 4010 A.D, your reaction would be similar.

So if you're talking an alien civilization that's a MILLIONS of years more advanced.........?

Whoa.

The technology would literally be beyond our comprehension. ? a spaceship at that point, them cats could prolly just....look up at the sky, think "I feel like goin somewhere" and fly off to another....planet? Naw, ? , try GALAXY SUPERCLUSTER. Or even Galaxy Filament (largest known structures in the universe). Or maybe some other super-crazy part of the universe we won't discover for centuries....

So all that said, I really really really think that any aliens visiting Earth DEF got the technology to conceal their presence. And they way too smart to land in D.C and do all that Sci-Fi movie nonsense. I think Star Trek: TNG got it right in this regard with "The Prime Directive". Introducing their hyper-advanced technology to our immature-ass species would ? ? up ? .

You right forget landing in DC,If they wanted to communicate with us they'd find a way to do it without causing panic.

I'm just trying to imagine a civilization so advanced they are no longer dependent on technology. mind blowing