CHRISTIANS, ANSWER THIS FOR ME: GENESIS 1, 26-27 VS GENESIS 2, 5-7

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did a literal donkey talk to Balaam or was it just figurative language?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why are you duckin the question? Are you ashamed?

You damn right it was a donkey, Is it not written, the LORD caused the donkey to speak? This is a small thing for the Creator of the universe

Let's stay FOCUSED bro. Back to the original question, do you think a talking lizard tempted Eve???
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

Why are you duckin the question? Are you ashamed?

You damn right it was a donkey, Is it not written, the LORD caused the donkey to speak? This is a small thing for the Creator of the universe

Let's stay FOCUSED bro. Back to the original question, do you think a talking lizard tempted Eve???

So out of your own mouth you can admit that the Lord can make a donkey speak because it's not "small thing for the Creator of the universe"

But yet you deny the plain teaching of the text that emphatically declares that ? allowed the devil to use a serpent in order to deceive our first parents Adam and Eve?

How does that make any sense?

Is ? in control or not?
    Is His word trust worthy or not?
    You can't pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe.

The text says, I believe it, that settles it. Amen.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    So i can believe that a donkey can talk, but no way will I ever believe that a serpent can talk! - your logic @Judah Back
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    So i can believe that a donkey can talk, but no way will I ever believe that a serpent can talk! - your logic @Judah Back
    Numbers 22:28
    And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

The LORD made the donkey talk, animals can't talk like humans on their own! He used the donkey to urge Balaam to do GOOD not EVIL!

Are you saying the LORD opened the mouth of the serpent to tempt Eve to do wickedness?? The good and righteous LORD??

The Bible says different! The ? of the heavens and earth is a good and righteous lord! It is not good for us to profane his name/reputation!

James 1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of ? : for ? cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own ? , and enticed.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

The LORD made the donkey talk, animals can't talk like humans on their own! He used the donkey to urge Balaam to do GOOD not EVIL!

Are you saying the LORD opened the mouth of the serpent to tempt Eve to do wickedness?? The good and righteous LORD??

The Bible says different! The ? of the heavens and earth is a good and righteous lord! It is not good for us to profane his name/reputation!

James 1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of ? : for ? cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own ? , and enticed.

? allowed the devil to use the serpent in order to test our first parents. ? is sovereign, meaning nothing can be done without His approval. Therefore:

1. ? put the test in the Garden of Eden, which was to obey His command concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
    2. ? then told our first parents what to do and what not to do.
    3. ? then used the devil to administer the test by allowing the devil to use the vessel of a serpent in order to tempt our first parents to disobey the command of ? .

Thoughout the whole account ? is in control, meaning He is allowing these things to happen with His approval.

So yes I agree that ? doesn't tempt and I was never inferring that He did. That's the Devils job. ? was testing our first parents though by seeing if they would obey His command concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

• Black Boy King
    Options
    Since when did the devil have power to make animals talk? What scripture is that?
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Matthew 23:33
    Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye
    escape the damnation of hell?

Bro, when the bible speaks about serpents, how can you not decipher when its allegory or literal??
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Since when did the devil have power to make animals talk? What scripture is that?

The devil doesn't have any power unless ? gives him power.

And ? gave him lots of power. He was created perfect in wisdom and in beauty. He led 1/3 of the Angels to follow him in rebellion. Those Angels who rebelled saw ? face to face but yet the power, lure, and deceit that Satan has enticed 1/3 of all the angels to follow him.

He has power my friend. More power than we can fathom. So it's not hard to understand when you see the bigger picture.

In the end times ? says that He will give the devil power to even make an image come to life and speak. So if ? will allow the devil to have power to make an inanimate object come to life, how hard is it to believe that He also allowed him to cause an animate creature to speak?

? is in control my friend. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    ? is sovereign @Judah Back

Job chapters 1 and 2 paint the picture of the sovereignty of ? and how He orders His universe.

Nothing can be done without His permission.

? gave the devil power to destroy everything Job had. But ? also told the devil how far he could go.

The devil caused all that misery for Job. The devil has more power than we think. ? allowed the devil to use nature against Job. Even causing fire to come down from heaven. Read the account.

Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Bro, when the bible speaks about serpents, how can you not decipher when its allegory or literal??

The Holy Spirit teaches us. So I have no problem understanding the sovereignty of ? . With everything being under His command and rule. Nothing can be done without the permission of ? , nothing. He is in control. That is why He can tell us the end from the beginning. Amen.
  • Black Boy King
    edited December 2015
    Options

James 1

? allowed the devil to use the serpent in order to test our first parents. ? is sovereign, meaning nothing can be done without His approval. Therefore:

1. ? put the test in the Garden of Eden, which was to obey His command concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
    3. ? then used the devil to administer the test by allowing the devil to use the vessel of a serpent in order to tempt our first parents to disobey the command of ? .

Thoughout the whole account ? is in control, meaning He is allowing these things to happen with His approval.

So yes I agree that ? doesn't tempt and I was never inferring that He did. That's the Devils job. ? was testing our first parents though by seeing if they would obey His command concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Dude what scriptures are you getting your clarity from? Or are those ideas from men merely professing themselves as apostles??

serpent
    [sur-puh nt]
    noun
    1. a snake.
    2. a wily, treacherous, or malicious person.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/serpent
  • Black Boy King
    edited December 2015
    Options

The Holy Spirit teaches us. So I have no problem understanding the sovereignty of ? . With everything being under His command and rule. Nothing can be done without the permission of ? , nothing. He is in control. That is why He can tell us the end from the beginning. Amen.

I know good well the Holy Spirit ain't teach you that Jesus Christ was calling the Pharisees lizard people. You soundin like David Icke right now famo.

A snake is a deceitful, treacherous person. How you been on a rap forum so long and can't decipher simple metaphors??

Genesis 49:17
    Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

James 1

Dude what scriptures are you getting your clarity from? Or are those ideas from men merely professing themselves as apostles??

serpent
    [sur-puh nt]
    noun
    1. a snake.

I'm getting them from the scriptures.

I'm losing your train of thought now, and I am not seeing what your gripe is.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I know good well the Holy Spirit ain't teach you that Jesus Christ was calling the Pharisees lizard people. You soundin like David Icke right now famo.

A snake is a deceitful, treacherous person. How you been on a rap forum so long and can't decipher simple metaphors???

I understand that.
  • Black Boy King
    Options

James 1

serpent
    [sur-puh nt]
    noun
    1. a snake.

I'm getting them from the scriptures.

I'm losing your train of thought now, and I am not seeing what your gripe is.

Alright, let me bring you back home.

The serpent in the garden was not a talking lizard.

It was a lying ass ? . It was a person. In Hebrew, he was recognized as a sorcerer, but I digress, lets take it one step at a time.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I'm in agreement in that

1. The serpent was not a talking lizard
    and
    2. There was a "person" behind the serpent that was talking.

The "person" behind the serpent in the Garden of Eden who used the serpent to deceive our 1st parents is this "person":

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." Revelation 12:9

Amen.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    What I miss?

Nothing. Stilly trying to meet at the place of understanding.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I miss?

Gonna be hard to do that without the assembly and the spirit being present.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    What I miss?

Gonna be hard to do that without the assembly and the spirit being present.

I pray that the Spirit is here leading this discussion. For iron sharpens iron.

What is your take on Revelation 13?

Specifically this portion of the passage:

"11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed." Revelation 13:11-15

What is the Holy Spirit revealing to you in regards to these questions:

1. Where does the power to do these miraculous deceptive signs come from?
    2. Those who worship the beast actually build some type of image of the beast that is inanimate, but yet the false prophet is given power to give life to it so that it should speak and cause people to worship it; is this to be taken literal or is this figurative language here?
    3. If an inanimate object, built by mankind, can be given power to speak by the false prophet at the end of this age, how far fetched could it be to understand that the devil was given power to speak through an animate creature in the Garden of Eden known as a "serpent"?
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    I'm in agreement in that

1. The serpent was not a talking lizard
    and
    2. There was a "person" behind the serpent that was talking.

The "person" behind the serpent in the Garden of Eden who used the serpent to deceive our 1st parents is this "person":

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." Revelation 12:9

Amen.

Nah, I don't read anywhere where someone was controlling an actual serpent. Haven't seen that scripture.

I'll finish with this. I believe the serpent in the Adam and Eve story is figurative language, referring to a deceitful man, and has nothing to do with an actual creeping crawling snake. Along with "man being formed from dust", is figurative for bringing man from being without ? , into the presence of ? (in the Garden). I also believe naked and not ashamed means they had the liberty that Christ gives us, and had no evil in them. It didn't mean soft porn. There is much more allegory that can be explained but I digress, as you both already don't believe I am speaking in the spirit of wisdom and good sense.

I will leave a few scriptures using the same allegory used in Genesis 2, and then I will yield completely:

Man being brought out of dust, i.e. reborn/recreated
    Psalms 113:7
    He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;

John 3:3
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of ? . ( which I believe the Garden represents)

1 Samuel 2:8
    He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Isaiah 52:2
    Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Deceitful people being serpents

Matthew 3:7
    But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Genesis 49:17
    Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Nakedness being shame. There is a good shame (appropriate and free, hence why naked great allegory) and bad shame (inappropriate and disgusting, hence why naked is great allegory)
    Ecclesiasticus 4:22
    For there is a shame that bringeth sin; and there is a shame which is glory and grace.

Revelation 3:17
    Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Hebrews 4:13
    Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

----

I yield now
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Welp. What about the appointed times of the LORD @Judah Back ?

I am much more interested in whats coming because we must be prepared.

Will you make the pilgrimage feasts in Israel this upcoming year?
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Welp. What about the appointed times of the LORD @Judah Back ?

I am much more interested in whats coming because we must be prepared.

Will you make the pilgrimage feasts in Israel this upcoming year?

Nah, you got it bruh.

@Judge_Judah, how about you? You goin to grub on some kosher with the ? 's chosen people?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Only the remnant will come back home.

I am connected to the people, the land, the scriptures, and the ? of the chosen people. For I have been grafted into the vineyard of the LORD as a wild olive branch.

https://youtu.be/bMl84soRayU

Not everyone will understand. not everyone will get it, but the remnant will understand for thus saith the LORD!

Hallelujah!