Terminator 2: Judgment Day vs. The Matrix

Options
the ghost
the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Better Movie?

nvp3l4.jpg

hvwccx.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgment Day vs. The Matrix 42 votes

T2
59%
dogfromduckhuntdalyricalbanditdontdiedontkillanyondamnkpjonothe ghostBroddievagrant-718king hassanCJPanchoYoSanchoCoolJoeWill Munnygrumpy_new_yorkerL3NUBuilt 4 cuban linxgemini86HafBaykedCottonCitySlimSolitary Soldier 25 votes
Matrix
40%
northside7[Deleted User]giftedethostexas409JusDre313bigbird_1kzzlCapitalBits....JOHN BNothingButTheTruthStoneColdMikeyPiffyHazeBreezy_Kilroycannonspike1994Big KolaThe Hue 17 votes

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    This should be an easy w as great as T2 was, not ? with the Matrix, levels
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    gemini86 wrote: »
    T2 was ahead of its time

and Matrix wasnt??

movies is STILL bitin and tryin to catch up..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2
    Love both flicks but killer robots get me everytime.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    Two of my favorite movies but I like the story of the matrix more.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2
    This is the toughest decision I've ever had to make..........DAMN IT I CANT CHOOSE!!!
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    put it like this..

Neo would would whoop that metallic ? 's ass!!! lol
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably couldnt decide.
    Matrix is a bit deeper and t2 might be a bit more fun to watch.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    That segment where Neo stops Tank from pulling the plug on Morpheus and says "I believe I can bring him back"....goosebumps every time, you know he's the one at that point, one of the goat scenes in movie history
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dam i gotta sit on this one
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    Two of my favorite movies all time but definitely gotta go with Matrix. Though I've probably watched both over 15x each.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    T2 was much better, but y'all know the matrix is just a continuation of the terminator. The machines won.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    T2
    Terminator 2 had more of an effect on me, and the film has aged ridiculously well over time. It was my favourite film when I was about six or seven or however old I was whenever the hell it came out, and I still love it to this day. I still get emotional with the Austrian cyborg getting dunked in lava at the end.

The Matrix is brilliant with some great ideas, plus it has been imitated/copied to death by others films with its influence, but even the filmakers admit a lot of ideas, themes and imagery were jacked from Ghost In The Shell. Still a brilliant film that I've grown to love even more over time. I just wish they stopped at the first film.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    T2
    JokerKing wrote: »
    T2 was much better, but y'all know the matrix is just a continuation of the terminator. The machines won.

The Matrix may as well have been an unofficial sequel to The Terminator.

Im biased, but it's T2 easy. Both are classics, but I remember seeing T2 as a kid and it was like nothing I had ever scene before. The special effects on the Matrix is legendary, particularly bullet time, but T2's effects are iconic. There was nothing before it that could come close to comparing. You could release that film today and the effects would still hold up. There's countless films released in the new millennium you cant say that about. Both films had similar plots, but what separated T2 was the relationship between John Connor and the Terminator. The struggle of trying to teach a machine to be human drove the movie more so than plot itself. "I know now why you cry. But that's something I could never do." T2 had heart that the Matrix lacked. Take away the effects from the Matrix, you have just another post apocalyptic man vs machine movie. Take away the effects from T2, you still have a great story being told.

tumblr_mipb2m1BAA1qg4blro2_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_n5qg7t9pu61rczb2b1.gif
    giphy.gif

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Matrix
    making me choose between two great movies man......how could you?

not-like-this.gif

• Tragedy1
    Tragedy1 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Options
    T2
    The question is offensive. T2
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    Fun fact both the matrix and terminator were written by a black woman named Sophia Stewart
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2
    HafBayked wrote: »
    are you matrix ? smokin ajax this morning?

terminator%20shotgun%20flip%201.gif

tumblr_n3g9m01JG81qcga5ro1_500.gif

2q0vwxx.gif

tumblr_nbb4d4jkOn1qfr6udo1_500.gif

terminator-o.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

these gifs dont even do it enough justice smh....im watching this ? tonight

Bruh you sold me
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    Fun fact both the matrix and terminator were written by a black woman named Sophia Stewart

Wasn't aware of this so hit the interweb up and ain't see anything proving she was correct. Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire but Hollywood lawyers and money long so would crush lots of ? easy. But as someone said matrix was a sequel to terminator might hold weight. But as seen even in direct sequels terminator 2 was far superior to terminator.

Hey that's just how the cookie crumble sometime.

With that said both movies dope as ? can't really go wrong with either choice IMO.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2
    Sarah Connor is one of the best characters, nevermind female characters, in film history.

Young John Connor was one of the best kid performances ever as well. He said some cheesy ? , but he wasn't annoying or anything. Imagine Anakin from Phantom Menace with a performance that strong
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2
    T2 for me - saw it as a kid and was wowed. I always said T2 the GOAT action movie. Some movie you watch and you're impressed but then you watched it again down the line and you not impressed like you was the first time.

Matrix - the only reason I watched the first time was to see the special effects. Story felt confusing to me but I had to watch it again to really drill down into the story.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    Not close at all.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2
    T2. The matrix movies were new at the time but overall mad boring. T2 is timeless.