Moedim! Let's build! ? will make good on His remaining appointments!

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
1. Does anybody know what the Moed of the LORD are?
2. Are they still important?

Let's discuss!

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    If this is the last hour, which it is, I firmly believe that there is nothing of more importance for a disciple of Yeshua Ha Mashiach than to know what the appointed times of the LORD are and how we are to observe them. Absolutely nothing.

Here is a short preview about the Moedim of the LORD:

https://youtu.be/LZKa-Wx_tck

Jim Staley has a good series on the basic concept around the Moedim of the LORD. If the LORD is pricking at your heart, I would advise you to watch them in order to get a better understanding about the Appointed times of the LORD.

Amen.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If this is the last hour, which it is..."

Vexot7B.gif
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Gets you thinking huh @BiblicalAtheist !

What do you know about appointments?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    That I don't follow them.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    That I don't follow them.

Did you watch the preview of the YouTube post? It's only 3 minutes long
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    No I didn't because I block YT on webpages but I went back and watched it.

I don't know all those Hebrew names of months and stuff, can you tell me the days?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    No I didn't because I block YT on webpages but I went back and watched it.

I don't know all those Hebrew names of months and stuff, can you tell me the days?

Praise ? . Well to start the days of the week which our secular world named Monday, Tuesday, etc. go by numbers according to ? . So today for instance is Wednesday, but according to ? this is the fourth day. Therefore:

Sunday is the First day
    Monday is the Second day
    Tuesday is the Third day
    Wednesday is the Fourth day
    Thursday is the Fifth day
    Friday is the Sixth day
    Saturday is the Shabbat which is the Seventh day

A hebrew day starts at sundown and ends at the next sundown. So a new day, which will be the fifth day, actually starts when the sun goes down today where ever you are at in the world.

The hebrew year is also different than our secular year. For starters this is the year 5776 according to Hebrew thought, but to us we know it as the year 2015. The new year also doesn't start on January 1st, but it actually starts in March/April with the 1st month of Nisan. Therefore:

1st month is Nisan = March/April
    2nd month is Iyyar = April/May
    3rd month is Sivan = May/June
    4th month is Tammuz = June/July
    5th month is Av = July/August
    6th month is Elul = August/September
    7th month is Tishri = September/October
    8th month is Kheshvan = October/November
    9th month is Kislev = November/December
    10 month is Tevet = December/January
    11 month is Shevet =January/February
    12 month is Adar = February/March
    * There is an additional month added during Leap Years, called Adar II, which happens about every 3rd year

So today, the fourth day, December 23, 2015 is this is on the Hebrew calendar:

11 Tevet, 5776

If you want a little more in depth study you can go here:

http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm

Do you know the festival cycle of the appointed times of the LORD @BiblicalAtheist ?

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Not a clue, are you going to tell me when they are what I am to do?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Praise ? . The festival cycle is based upon the appointed times of the Lord. Moed means "appointed time, place, or meeting". When ? was speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai at the giving of the Law, ? revealed to Moses "His" appointed times, in which He wanted the Israelites to meet with Him and also proclaim "His" appointed times to the world.

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts."
    Leviticus 23:2

So ? clearly tells us that the appointed times are HIS. They aren't the Jews, they aren't the hebrews, they aren't the Israelites, they are His. Therefore ? asks this:

"Is ? the ? of the Jews only? Is He not the ? of the Gentiles also? Yes, of the Gentiles also." Romans 3:29

So the appointed times of the LORD are for everybody and because they are for everybody ? declared that they will never be obsolete or done away with. Instead, they are to be celebrated and observed wherever we live. Yes, ? says that the appointed times are to be a perpetual statue throughout our generations in all of our dwellings!

Thus the appointed times happen in a cycle according to Leviticus 23, Numbers 28-29, and Deuteronomy 16. The festival cycle happens in 4 ways:

1. Daily.

Every single day contains special appointed times that we meet with ? in prayer. In the Jewish culture this was done 3 times a day when the sacrfices were offered. Morning, afternoon, and evening time.

But for us as believers in Yeshua we are charged to pray without ceasing. Therefore we are to be meeting with the LORD continually throughout the day in order to give praise, give thanks, honor, petition, seek guidance, and receive wisdom, knowledge, and instructions from Him.

2. Weekly.

Once a week, we are to set aside the Sabbath day for the LORD.

"Six days you shall labor and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your ? ; in it you shall not do any work. Exodus 20:9-10

The sabbath day allows us to slow down enough to spend quality time in ? 's presence, learning the things of His word and plugging into extended periods of prayer, study, and worship.

We only hurt ourselves when we dishonor the sabbath and forget to keep it holy.

3. Monthly.

The first visible and discernible new moon, which is just a tiny crescent sliver of moon in the sky, is the first day of the biblical month.

"And it shall be from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me, says the LORD." Isaiah 66:23

4. Annual.

We have an appointment to keep the 7 feasts of the Lord that occur throughout the year. 4 in the spring and 3 and the fall. The 4 spring feasts are
    -Passover
    -Unleavened bread
    -Firsts fruits/counting of the Omer
    -Pentecost

In the Jewish mind Passover and the feast of unleavened bread are anniversaries of the redemption from Egypt. While first fruits/counting of the Omer and Pentecost are a remembrance of the journey to Sinai and the giving of the Torah.

These 4 feasts were all fulfilled by the 1st coming of Yeshua 2,000 years ago.
    *Passover=Yeshua was the passover lamb that was slain for the sins of the world
    *Unleavened bread =Yeshua was buried
    *First Fruits= Yeshua rose from the grave on the 3rd day
    *Pentecost = 50 days later the Holy Spirit was sent by Yeshua back to the earth to indwell all born again believers.

The 3 fall feasts are:
    -The Feast of Trumpets
    -The Day of Atonement
    -The feast of Tabernacles

The feast of trumpets is a day of blowing the shofar that anticipates the Messiahs return. The day of Atonement is a fast day, in which the high priest went into the holy of holies to atone for his sins and the children of Israels sins. The feast of Tabernacles is a remembrance of when ? had the Israelites live in booths after leaving Egypt.

Just like Yeshua fulfilled the spring feasts during the time of their actual occurence, He will also fulfill the fall feasts during their actual occurrence! That is why it's imperative to get on the calender of ? and start obeying HIS feasts.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

? has commanded this:

"16Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy ? in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty: 17Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy ? which he hath given thee."
    Deuteronomy 16:16-17

"14Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year. 15Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month Abib; for in it thou camest out from Egypt: and none shall appear before me empty:) 16And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field. 17Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord ? ."
    Exodus 23:14-17

"Three times in the year shall all your males appear before the LORD ? , the ? of Israel." Exodus 34:23

"10And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, 11When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy ? in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing. 12Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your ? , and observe to do all the words of this law: 13And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your ? , as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it." Deuteronomy 31:10-13

? does not change. He still commands His people to meet with Him in Jerusalem for the 3 pilgrimage feasts of passover, pentecost, and tabernacles. He doesn't change, he doesn't change, he doesn't change. When Yeshua was here, those who were obedient to what ? said in His word were in Jerusalem when He was crucified and they were also in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost. And Acts 2 tells us that Jews from around the world were there at that time and 3,000 souls were saved on the day of Pentecost when Peter gave that awesome sermon by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Those 3,000 souls were in the place ? commanded them to be at the time ? commanded them to be there and thus they were eternally rewarded for their obedience by receiving the Messiah!

? said that in the last days people would go "to and fro" and "knowledge would increase". Today we have the ability to be in Jerusalem in less than a day no matter where we are on earth with air travel. There is no excuse. Look at Paul, who demanded us to be imitators of him as He followed Yeshua:

"But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if ? will. And he sailed from Ephesus." Acts 18:21

Paul was determined to keep the feasts in Jerusalem! He obeyed the TORAH!

"16For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost."
    Acts 20:16

We must by all means keep the feasts of the Lord for ? will meet with us on His appointment days! His appointment days are cycles of sanctification which happen daily, weekly, monthly, and annually! Thus they are opportunities for self-improvement in our spiritual walk! It will only be to our detriment if we fail to heed these warnings in these last days. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The prophet said this concerning the last days:

"28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."
    Joel 2:28-32

Verse 32 tells it all. Only a remnant will believe the word of ? . Thus only the remnant will act upon what ? is saying. We must keep the feasts in Jerusalem.

If ? is our everything, if He is truly LORD of our lives, nothing should stop us from obeying His word in all areas of our lives. Thus we must obey His appointed times! They don't belong to anybody but ? ! And ? has told us that in order to meet Him for His annual appointments we must go to the place He has declared He wants to meet His people at, that place is Jerusalem!

Yes, ? will gather His children from the East, from the West, from the North, and from the South in these last days! The remnant will come and the remnant will be spared from the wrath to come. Amen.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I do 1 & 2 but not 3 & 4. Am I going to hell?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I do 1 & 2 but not 3 & 4. Am I going to hell?

No. People only go to the lake of fire because they rejected Yeshua Ha Mashiach.

But if you are in Mashiach we must start doing bible things in bible ways. Therefore we must come back to the foundation of our faith which is steeped in the Hebrew scriptures. I would highly advise you to take a look at the teachings Jim Staley did on the appointed times of the LORD. He is very thorough and explains things very clearly and concisely.

Let ? minister to you @BiblicalAtheist . We are all learning and growing together. Amen.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    But how can I trust his veracity?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    But how can I trust his veracity?

A teacher guides you to the truth. Thus your trust in the accuracy of what he is teaching is dependent upon your understanding of the word of ? .

Why don't you watch his teaching on Pentecost and then ask Yeshua to speak to your heart in regards to the teaching.

Let me know how the study went and lets build from there! Amen?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I am very suspicious of others trying to teach me about ? , so much so I asked ? to teach me himself.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I am very suspicious of others trying to teach me about ? , so much so I asked ? to teach me himself.

Well study Leviticus 23, Numbers 28-29, and Deuteronomy 16 in order to better understand the Appointed times of the LORD.

? has given the body of Mashiach gifts in order to build up and edify the body of Mashiach. We all need each other because we all work together as one. So while it's prudent to be wary of who you sit under and receive instruction, its not prudent to totally shun all teachers because they may have the word of ? that you need at this moment in your life to put you in position to reach the next level ? is preparing you for. Amen.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    That is very true DoU.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    Man you can't let people wait for 2k years. I'm over it. Did that waiting thing for 30 years. He ain't coming enjoy your ?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Man you can't let people wait for 2k years. I'm over it. Did that waiting thing for 30 years. He ain't coming enjoy your ?

You had a knowledge of ? at one time brother @rodneyskinner? But you denied the power He has and turned away from Him?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You CAN Afford the Feasts!

http://yrm.org/afford-feasts.htm

We often hear, “But how can I afford to go to the Feast this year?” Yahweh had already anticipated the question and gives the following response. Yahweh's annual Feast days are one of the greatest bless­ings He bestows on His people. Unless you have kept them in the place where He puts His Name, you can't imagine what a joy they truly are. A veritable Kingdom on earth! A common question posed by those to whom Yahweh has newly revealed the importance of His annual Feast days is, “How can I afford to attend?” A subsequent question is, “When and where are these Festivals held?”

Yahweh’s Restoration Ministry publishes a calendar each year point­ing out the dates of each of the seven annual Feast days. Our calendar is based upon Yahweh's lunar months. We go by the monthly new moons that Yahweh placed in the sky for this purpose, Isaiah 66:23 and Numbers 28:11. The Feasts are grouped accord­ing to the harvest seasons, beginning with Abib (meaning green ears), which comes in the spring at the time of the barley harvest (Ex. 9:31).

Next begins the harvest of wheat in early summer (Pentecost or Feast of Weeks), followed by the harvest of oil, grapes and garden stuffs in the fall (Tabernacles).

Yahweh's Feasts are prophetic (Col. 2:16-17). He works everything out according to His timetable: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” (Eccl. 3:1). Yahweh's purpose was es­tablished at creation when He made the lights in the heavens: “And Elohim said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven. to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons [Hebrew = MOED], and for days, and years” (Gen. 1: 14).

The Hebrew word moed means an “appointed time.” His Feasts are special times that Yahweh has set aside and that He will use to ac­complish His will. The seven annual Feasts are His “moedim” or appointed times when He meets with His people. Until we recognize that His Feast days are appointments that we keep with Yahweh, we miss important truths revealed to His people. All of the Feasts are listed in Leviticus 23, with special emphasis placed on some. The fact that these Feast days will be kept in the Kingdom (Ezek. 45:21-25) shows that they are of special im­portance now. We cannot ignore them and still be His people.

Sign and Seal Ignored

The two most ignored commands in the Bible are the sign He has given us and the seal by which we are preserved. The sign is keeping His Sabbaths. “Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a SIGN between. me and them, that they might know that I [am] Yahweh that sanctify them.” (Ezek. 20: 12) “And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a SIGN between. me and you, that you may know that I [am] Yahweh your Elo­­­him” (Ezek. 20:20). By keeping His Sabbaths Yahweh will sanctify or set His people apart as a sanctified for a holy pur­pose. The Sabbaths are a special time in which we learn to know Him and we draw closer to Him. The world in general irresponsibly ignores these days, believing that they are free from all obligations and responsibili­ties.

The seal is His Name: We are sealed with His Name upon baptism (Rev. 14:1) and already carry His Name for we are known as “His wife” (Rev. 19:7), and have prepared or made our­selves ready. The sealing agent is the Holy Spirit: “And grieve not the holy Spirit of Elohim, whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption” (Eph. 4:30).

Financing the Feasts

The seven annual Feasts are not op­tional for the people of Yahweh. They are commanded convocations. They are a part of that sign showing that we are truly His people when we keep them. His Feast days also set us apart, sanctifying us, as they did Israel. In His command Yahweh was very complete, making provisions for the fi­nancing of our trips to His gatherings without having them become a great burden. After all, His Feasts should be a delight, the highlights of the year.

Just as we are expected to tithe to Yahweh so that His plan of salvation can be proclaimed around the world (Mat. 23:23), He also shows us that we are to set aside funds to keep the Feasts. Notice: “Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before Yahweh your Elohim, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear Yahweh your Elohim always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; [or] if the place be too far from thee, which Yahweh your Elohim shall choose to set his name there, when Yahweh your Elohim hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn [it] into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Yahweh your Elohim shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before Yahweh your Elohim, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, And the Levite that [is] within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee” (Deut. 14:22-27).

Notice, this second tithe is a special tithe to use for the Feasts. It is to be kept and man­aged by the individual to assure that one has funds to attend the Feasts. It is separate from the tithe to proclaim the evangel to the world, which is holy unto Yahweh and to be used for that purpose.

Instead of setting aside cash as the world does in a “vacation fund” or some “Xmas savings plan,” Yahweh long ago gave us this guide as assurance that we could al­ways attend His Festivals.

Savings accounts and pay­roll savings plans are actually patterned after Yahweh's plan of assuring that His people can attend His Feasts. The majority of Yahweh's people plan their vacations and time off to coincide with the Feast days.

What better way to spend a vacation than to gather with others of like faith and clearly identify with the “sign” Yahweh gives us that we might learn of Him by keep­ing His Sabbaths. Spiritual enrichment for the entire family is a part of His plan that we get to know and share our joy and experiences with the future kings and priests of His coming King­dom!

Making Feast attendance a part of our lives is a maturing experience as we disci­pline ourselves to obey our Father and gather where He has placed His Name.

See YOU at Tabernacles!

The three “Pilgrim Feasts” are: the seven days of Unleavened Bread, Pen­tecost, and the eight days at Taber­nacles. Preparations such as plane res­ervations, transportation, accommoda­tions, and auto repairs should be taken care of early. See our Feast reservation information elsewhere on this site.

Israel was commanded to eat of the tithe of their produce at the Feast. For those traveling a distance, Yahweh says, “Then shalt thou turn [it] into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which Yahweh your Elohim shall choose,” which He does through His ministers (Deut. 14:25).

Consider the words of Moses to Is­rael just before they were to cross over into the Promised Land – just as the faithful will some day come into the Kingdom: “Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before Yahweh your Elohim in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before Yahweh empty” (Deut. 16:16).

Yahweh promises a blessing upon those who obey Him. Don't you want to be blessed? Isn't it time you came out of the world of sin in these last days and prepared for your eternal life in Yahweh? We look forward to seeing YOU with us at the fall Feasts!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Start saving for the feasts!

From San Diego it costs me about $800 for a roundtrip ticket to Israel
    I usually stay at a Hostel and for my upcoming trip for passover it will costs my $230 for 9 days.
    Food is cheap and should costs you no more than $10-15 a day if your not a glutten.

So a budget of $1200-1300 will get you to the feasts of the Lord with Room, and food included.

? has commanded us to be in the place where He has chosen in order to meet with Him on His appointed feast days!

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts." Leviticus 23:2

Look at the underlined word above! The feasts belong to the LORD!!!!!! They are His! They aren't Israel's, they aren't the jews, they aren't the gentiles, they aren't the church, the feasts belong to ? ! They are His!

Don't gloss over this vital truth! Be in the place ? has commanded and you will find rest for your souls!

Make His appointments and you will be in the right place at the right time! Glory to ? !

If there was ever a time to be in the right place at the right time, now is the time! Be where ? says! Amen.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options

You had a knowledge of ? at one time brother @rodneyskinner? But you denied the power He has and turned away from Him?

lol. Call me Solomon. I'm gonna enjoy all the H03s and the money right now and someday I'll give you Jesus.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

lol. Call me Solomon. I'm gonna enjoy all the H03s and the money right now and someday I'll give you Jesus.

? can require your soul at any moment though. Tomorrow may never come @rodneyskinner and then there will be no 2nd chance.

Are you willing to wager your eternal soul for a season of the passing pleasures of sin?