Options

Comments

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    .....no worse than Christianity

In 2015 tho???

Ive been tryna ? this muslim somali chick for soooooo long. I swear imma ? this girl if the last ? damn thing I do. No, I'm not talking about Kai.

There's a lot of sexy ass Somali ? in Minnesota

That's the hub of majority of Somalis in the USA
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    You people know nothing about Islam or Christianity

? .....i know more than you can ever eschew in your ? hub you call a brain idiot

? I will pull all the ? teeth from your mouth.... You ? make it real hard to be a Christian around here... But in 2016 I will try to be a kinder gentler zombie.
  • Rasta.
    Options

? .....i know more than you can ever eschew in your ? hub you call a brain idiot

? I will pull all the ? teeth from your mouth.... You ? make it real hard to be a Christian around here... But in 2016 I will try to be a kinder gentler zombie.

I suspect you have a very low iQ. Surprised a woman actually gave you her ? to plant your seed, then again idiots flock together
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In 2015 tho???

Ive been tryna ? this muslim somali chick for soooooo long. I swear imma ? this girl if the last ? damn thing I do. No, I'm not talking about Kai.

Oh.

How about that.
  • zzombie
    edited December 2015
    Options

I suspect you have a very low iQ. Surprised a woman actually gave you her ? to plant your seed, then again idiots flock together

? you don't know how lucky you are that I am a Christian if I weren't and you said that to me in real life I would ? ? you.

And I am not joking.
  • Rasta.
    Options

? you don't know how lucky you are that I am a Christian if I weren't and you said that to me in real life I would ? ? you.

And I am not joking.

You could try to.....? die everyday. Just surprised someone actually hear you speak everyday and decided to procreate with you.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the title of a brand new book by the late Shahab Ahmed. Here is an excerpt from a book review.

How Has Islamic Orthodoxy Changed Over Time?

By Elias Muhanna

The medieval English allegorical poem Piers Plowman described the birth of Islam as the result of a clever hoax. Muhammad, it asserted, was a former Christian who had made a failed attempt to become pope and then set off for Syria to mislead the innocents. He tamed a turtledove and taught it to eat grains of wheat placed in his ear. In a scene reminiscent of the enchantment of Melampus, the Greek oracle who was granted the ability to understand animal speech when his ears were licked by snakes, Piers’s Muhammad mesmerized audiences by having the bird fly down during the course of his preaching and appear to whisper in his ear. Staging a moment of revelation from ? , the false prophet led men to misbelief by “wiles of his wit and a whit dowve.”

In the centuries following Muhammad’s death in 632, many Christians like William Langland, the author of Piers Plowman, sought to make sense of Islam in the terms and symbols of their own faith. Was it just another schismatic sect led by a great here­siarch, as Dante portrayed it in his Divine Comedy? Or was it an ancient form of chivalry, a Saracen code of ethics? Did Muhammad’s followers think him a ? ? The figure of the prophet-as-trickster found in Piers Plowman was not the most outlandish attempt to explain the origins of Islam. Medieval French chansons de gestes attributed a welter of fantastical qualities to the cult of “Mahom,” including a pantheon of minor deities superimposed from Roman mythology.

University chairs in Oriental studies began proliferating in Europe in the 17th century and were soon followed by the establishment of scholarly associations and academic journals. By the late 19th century, European knowledge of the languages, histories, and customs of Muslim societies had advanced significantly beyond the scope of medieval apologetics, but the interpretation of Islam through the lens of Christianity remained a central current of Orientalist scholarship. As Shahab Ahmed writes in a major new study, the consequences of this approach and its legacy have made it difficult for moderns—­scholars and laypeople, Muslims and non-Muslims alike—to grasp the “historical and human phenomenon that is Islam in its plenitude and complexity of meaning.” Coming to terms with Islam—“saying Islam meaningfully,” as he puts it—requires making ourselves sensitive to the “capaciousness, complexity, and, often, outright contradiction” that inheres within the broadest possible range of practices, beliefs, representational forms, metaphors, and objects associated with Islam.

Ahmed, a scholar of Islamic studies at Harvard, died this autumn at the tragically young age of 48. His book is a strange and brilliant work, encyclopedic in vision and tautly argued in the manner of a logical proof, yet pervaded by the urgency of a political manifesto. It is, in a way, all of these things. For those who knew him, the peculiar ambition of What Is Islam? will not come as a surprise, because Ahmed had been at work for years on a much-anticipated and controversial study about the formation of Islamic orthodoxy. The surprise is that What Is Islam? is not that book.

Shahab Ahmed arrived at Harvard as an assistant professor in 2005. I was a doctoral student at the time and had heard most of the hagiographical accounts of his life that flowed through graduate-student circles. Fluent in many languages, Ahmed had lived in Singapore, England, Malaysia, and Egypt before coming to America for graduate school. After completing a doctorate at Princeton, he was admitted to Harvard’s prestigious Society of Fellows, where he spent three years before joining the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations. Mutual acquaintances spoke of his terrifying erudition and wit, sharpened by an unrepentantly refined British accent.

The story Ahmed was telling comprehended a tremendous braid of narratives, a pageant of contradiction and diversity in an intellectual tradition that spanned over a millennium. By historicizing the transformation in attitudes toward Muhammad’s prophetic mission, Ahmed hoped that his study might provoke an engagement with the tremendous resources of the past in confronting the questions of the present. How has Islamic orthodoxy been formulated over time, and how might it be reformulated today? As ambitious a thinker as he was, however, Ahmed also seemed to recognize that developing the full implications of his argument was a delicate business. This was the reason for the immensity of the book’s dimensions. As he confided to me one afternoon while we sifted through the mountains of references I had flagged, he was erecting a scholarly edifice so formidable that no one could challenge it.

Among that region’s notable characteristics are the significance of rationalist philosophy (both in its purest form and as an epistemological framework for scholastic theology); the omnipresence of Sufi thought and practice; and the tradition of figural representation in painting. The writings of Avicenna, the 11th-century Persian polymath, and the great legacy of commentary he inspired advanced the idea of a superior Truth accessible to the most powerful intellects (belonging, naturally, to philosophers), and “a lesser version of that Truth that communicates itself via Prophets, such as Muhammad.” A prophet was, to Avicenna, a kind of “über-philosopher,” and the prescribed laws promulgated in the Koran were meant “to address the multitude in terms intelligible to them, seeking to bring home to them what transcends their intelligence by means of simile and symbol.”

This understanding of the relationship between reason and revelation prompted some charges of heresy, but the scale of Avicenna’s reception suggests that, in many quarters, he had won the argument, with his philosophical method and conceptual vocabulary becoming part of a standard scholastic curriculum across the Islamic world. In this light, if a modern definition of Islam does not account for the worldview of a figure such as Avicenna—whom Ahmed describes as “the man who effectively defined ? for Muslims”—then something is amiss.

Ahmed examines the definition of Islam in a series of similar provocations. Alongside Avicenna, Hafiz, and the great Sufi thinker Ibn Arabi, he also considers the practice of wine drinking, a classical example of something prohibited by Islamic law and yet “positively valued in non-legal discourse.” The most cursory familiarity with premodern Islamic literatures, even beyond the Balkans-to-Bengal complex, attests to it. Poetry and belletristic prose in Persian, Arabic, Turkish, and Urdu fairly overflow with wine, while historical accounts of famous rulers and their courts portray scenes of literary salons congregating late into the night, fueled by musical performances and great quantities of drink. On the cover of What Is Islam? is one such sovereign, the 17th-century Mughal emperor Jahangir, pictured on the face of a gold coin contemplating a goblet of wine.

d253ab1b273f51b3dbc7c89b4738e4af.jpg
  • zzombie
    Options

And I am not joking.

You could try to.....? die everyday. Just surprised someone actually hear you speak everyday and decided to procreate with you.

? you think I'm joking with you I know you don't believe in my ? but pray you are never in my presence.
  • Rasta.
    Options

And I am not joking.

? you think I'm joking with you I know you don't believe in my ? but pray you are never in my presence.

You and your ? are idiots
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In 2015 tho???

Yeah I've heard this...anybody knows why?
  • Rasta.
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

In 2015 tho???

Fairly easy bruh, you go where your folks are...DC is known for Ethiopians and Eritreans. Nigerians pretty much make up Houston, Ghanaians make up Worcester. When relatives come up here from back home, it's easier for them to assimilate. Never forget, i once visited grandma in Alexandria, Va. They were literally speaking my language across a whole complex....like a ? in building A screaming at another ? in building F for salt in my language smfh. Same thing in 167 mcclellan street in the Bronx
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In 2015 tho???

Fairly easy bruh, you go where your folks are...DC is known for Ethiopians and Eritreans. Nigerians pretty much make up Houston, Ghanaians make up Worcester. When relatives come up here from back home, it's easier for them to assimilate. Never forget, i once visited grandma in Alexandria, Va. They were literally speaking my language across a whole complex....like a ? in building A screaming at another ? in building F for salt in my language smfh. Same thing in 167 mcclellan street in the Bronx

I mean yeah I know they go where family, support and connections are that makes perfect sense to me....Im just curious about the initial attraction Somalians would have to cold ass Minnesota (and yeah I've been to DC a few times...women up there are nice)
  • zzombie
    Options

And I am not joking.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.
  • Rasta.
    Options

In 2015 tho???

I mean yeah I know they go where family, support and connections are that makes perfect sense to me....Im just curious about the initial attraction Somalians would have to cold ass Minnesota (and yeah I've been to DC a few times...women up there are nice)

Anthropologists are still working on it...the whole damn continent seems confined to the East Coast, with huge houses and complain about shoveling snow and cold every winter. I told them my black ass ain't coming back but they're welcome to experience 50+ degree winters.

PS: yea DC women (esp black)>>>everywhere sans ATL
  • Rasta.
    Options

And I am not joking.

Then don't ? start a sentence with you people idiota!
  • zzombie
    edited December 2015
    Options

And I am not joking.

I will start a sentence with whatever the ? I want you ? swine
  • Rasta.
    edited December 2015
    Options

And I am not joking.

I'll be a swine everyday over a ? and bigot
  • zzombie
    Options
    I was correct you people don't know a ? thing about the religions.
  • zzombie
    Options

And I am not joking.

I'll be a sine everyday over a ? and bigot

Shut the ? up if you hate what I say so much put me on block. I was called into this thread if you don't like what I say in it idgaf
  • zzombie
    Options
    Islam is also a form of Arab imperialism in it's very nature Islam links believers into a community of believers called the umma.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does this have to do with Christianity? But it's a good read thought it's obviously hard to deprecated Islam from the culture that surrounds it
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have many muslim friends but miss me with most of that religious ?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    I need to make my own cult religion

"LET ME RELIEVE YOUR FINANCIAL BURDENS, BY GIVING ME ALL YOUR MONEY!"

The only difference between me and creflo dollar is I get straight to the point

Hey, bruh. What they do works. You need to take notes if anything. There's levels to the after-life insurance scam.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Religion is the ? of the poor and oppressed". Religion dulls the senses and gives a false sense of pleasure just like ? . It doesn't last long so you have to use over and over again. The more oppressed the situation the harder the people will believe. Try to find an atheist in a third world country.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEm2qtSggY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDJl9VatuTY

It´s a long watch but he breaks it down the difference between Islam and Arabaic Islam and how it tried to take over and oppress people.