Lebron James Speaks on Tamir Rice...

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Sounds like ignorance as an excuse. Keeps him from taking sides and safe from any back lash.

Last i checked he didnt put a bullet in that boy head

Look at ? tho!

The COURT has spoken, the ? you asking Lebron for NOW?

ALSO...we on the net, i got 20k posts, we see this ? everyday. So in an era of a new shooting everyday, im not holding ANYONE to the fire for not being abreast of every damn bit of pop news like the world has a IC account and checks "G&S" everyday. Lot of yall have lost that perspective

I talk to plenty of people daily who dont know any and every topic that we here on the IC talk about for dozens of pages

We're no better than them. Quite frankly it just mean we dont have lives and/or dont be doin ? at work

Nothing wrong with asking Lebron his opinion, despite what the NBA thinks, they are allowed to have one. I find it hard to believe hes so uninformed, though. This was a nationally televised shooting, it ain't rocket science. There's nothing to research. A short clip of a child getting gunned down by police. You either agree or you don't.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I said it before and is say it again, if black people want real change we need to petition black people in the military to boycott and go awol instead of one athlete, that will really hurt America when one third of your armed forces disappears over night

I see your point but I'm not sure about that. Cuz socioeconomic conditions is mainly why black people join the military in the first place.

It would send a temporary message but it's not gonna fix the problem

I gotta disagree how would it be a temporary message the only reason other countries are afraid of America is because of its military if black folk left that would put America in a ? up position they would be open for attack and them crackers would finally see how much black lives matter
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron jus got that lifetime nike deal.. im sure somewhere in the fine print is a "? mind yo business" clause in it somewhere. lol

That ? was in his first nike deal so we all know damn well its in this one
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    First i dont look to athletes for anything..

There are alot of connecting fibers to..

- He is a son of Cleveland/Akron He has kids Tamirs age
    - He actually said something before and said he doesnt allow his kids to have toy guns. So he was aware..

- Hes given back to kids in major and public ways.. kids very much the same age bracket as Tamir Rice who are recipients of his generosity... who too live in the same world Tamir was taken from

- He waded into social justice by throwing on that tshirt and hoody... As a megastar.. dont make bold statements without saying something.. If you cant say it yourself have your people say something
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I don't believe his "I'm not fully informed on the case" stance since it's been dominating the news cycle; I can only imagine how fervent the issue is in Ohio itself.

But to be fair, if he said, "You know what, I'm not playing until this ? is sorted out," what exactly do people think would happen? A grand jury and a twisted prosecutor got that cop off clean. Is Lebron not playing going to change the process behind a grand jury? Or get the prosecutor disbarred? Or restart the trial?

I'm not gonna pretend that he gets way too much credit for what he's done, but people's expectation of his abilities and influence is unfair to him.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    LeBron jus got that lifetime nike deal.. im sure somewhere in the fine print is a "? mind yo business" clause in it somewhere. lol

You better ? believe it is

Nah b.. There were people who have had alot less put alot of ? on the line... including their lives.. this ? and these athletes in general have ? you money.. its seems the more money ? get... the more they ingratiate themselves with whites.. and aside from that thought i dont believe he has some sort of proverbial gun to his head..

Its just generational as the 70's ended that sort of thing died in the mainstream from sports to music
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Yeah I don't believe his "I'm not fully informed on the case" stance since it's been dominating the news cycle; I can only imagine how fervent the issue is in Ohio itself.

But to be fair, if he said, "You know what, I'm not playing until this ? is sorted out," what exactly do people think would happen? A grand jury and a twisted prosecutor got that cop off clean. Is Lebron not playing going to change the process behind a grand jury? Or get the prosecutor disbarred? Or restart the trial?

I'm not gonna pretend that he gets way too much credit for what he's done, but people's expectation of his abilities and influence is unfair to him.

Agreed
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is going to be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't as far as saying too much/not enough

He may also be trying to protect his own-people are crazy out here. He says the 'wrong thing' and he can become a target as well (or his family)
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show me a sound bite of Tom Brady, Justin Beiber, or Taylor swift discussing social issues in the wht community?

wht ppl aren't stupid. when ? get thick, they seek the ppl who can actually handle, and discuss the issues FOR REAL SOLUTIONS. they don't go to entertainers...
    I guess when the community you are a part of is a joke. It make sense to look for court jesters for SOLUTIONS.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no way he didn't know enough about this case to speak on it... but at the same time, Lebron shouldnt be criticized for not speaking out regarding this case. People get so distracted and start going after the wrong enemy..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol lebron didn't say anything
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Show me a sound bite of Tom Brady, Justin Beiber, or Taylor swift discussing social issues in the wht community?

wht ppl aren't stupid. when ? get thick, they seek the ppl who can actually handle, and discuss the issues FOR REAL SOLUTIONS. they don't go to entertainers...
    I guess when the community you are a part of is a joke. It make sense to look for court jesters for SOLUTIONS.

At the bolded : there's no such thing as "the white community"

I agree with the post for the most part tho. When there's a fire we don't call gardeners...even if its the best gardeners.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People were cool with Athletes wearing I can't breathe shirts and doing the hands up don't shoot gestures during games. I guess that wasn't enough. The people of Cleveland can hurt the city more than Lebron can, you know why? Because the game will go on if Lebron don't play. If the people don't go to the games, they will definetly feel it. People were cool as long as people were doing ? for the gram and Twitter and all that. It takes more. These people in power are doing the same ? ... Police killing folks and getting off for it. Lebron can't fix that.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I get and respect where a lot of yall are coming from. At the same time there is no reason these athletes of today can't be on the same ? as these athletes that preceded them
    african-american-athletes-at-news-conference-af400c2cb31b07a9.jpg

Athletes of the past, had an actual support group in the blk community.
    Nowadays, all we got are loud mouths, and twitter fingers. MUNKEY ass ? who can't even stay home, and boycott blk Friday or Christmas.
    Yet want a millionaire athlete to jeopardize his own money. how does that work?
    why can't those ? ? , who're calling for Lebron to sit out on his work, sit out on their own jobs???

By the time Jim Brown, Ali, Kareem, Bill etc. all stood up. They had a BLK community that backed them, they had a community who had groups, who were ALREADY PUTTING WRK IN THESE STREETS, and was inspiring. nowadays? nope.

They want a "leader" with lots to lose, be the fall guy. All in the name of Symbolism, and not actual SOLUTIONS.
    while there munkey ? , cape for their ? check to check jobs.

This is 100% true especially the bold! But got damn these ? need to stand for something instead always looking weak.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ? in a bucket.

Attack "Prosecutor" McGinty, not Lebron

That'll require "work"
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron is trying to win a ring in Cleveland and become the hero. Meanwhile, there are problems occurring in his hometown that he now has the power to fix. This would be the opportune moment for him to organize black people.

There is no way that he isn't aware of this situation, its Cleveland, how many top-priority news pieces are they running?

But he's all about his image. I'll stick with Melo, may not have a ring, but he's in the streets. Ryker's island, Ferguson, gun violence presentations. Trying to make a change in New York.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has no power
  • D0wn
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    Here are mines everyone was back slapping Lebron for throwing on a Hoody and a T-shirt.. and praising him as a leader in social justice in the sports arena.. . Wrongfully... because he never fully articulated like SOME other athletes have. Basically hes is saying ..."thats messed up" .. Its shame tbh especially coming from that area being in that area. He should have never been touted as something he isn't.. its inexcusable for something like this that had national international attention to happen in your backyard yet you have nothing substantive to say..

If you throw on that Hoody to make a statement.. make....a STATEMENT

I wrote about that situation in a paper. I applauded LeBron for making a statement. I get the paper back from the professor (old white guy) and he wrote a comment saying this is just LeBron being LeBron, meaning he's trying get attention.
    I tbought to myself, dude just hatin, but reading the bolded just made think twice about my original opinion of the Miami Heat Hoodie pic.

This ? happened in the city he plays for..he has a son close to the age Tamir Rice was...you telling me you're not fully aware of the circumstances surrounding the shooting...Really King?HE17cy.gif

Smh......great talent, but he's just a glory hog18225312.gif

the thing was, the LEBRON Hoody thing was ALL DWAYNE WADE"S IDEA.
    DWAYNE was the one who threw a hoody ON and took PHOTOS with his OWN SONS, and put it up on his OWN TWITTER ACCOUNT, and SPOKE ABOUT THE ISSUE ON HIS OWN .
    The team saw it, and a week later had the TEAM PHOTO.
    the media made it a LEBRON thing...because he was the face of the NBA. while in reality he was JUST in a TEAM PHOTO.
    Lebron just went along with it, cause it was easy light weight credit. But Guess what? LEbron did enough as an ATHLETE..

WE need to pressure lawmakers and politicians . not entertainers. blk ppl put more pressure on LEBRON JAMES THAN BARAK OBAMA.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

I agree with the post for the most part tho. When there's a fire we don't call gardeners...even if its the best gardeners.

yes the ? there is.
    there's no such thing as a blk community. but the wht community is alive thriving and global...it's a system call white supremacy.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't ? crown him the new Tommie smith a few months back?
    How he doesn't know about a case in his own backyard?

His statement was 2 paragraphs of “thats unfortunate"
  • D0wn
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    LeBron is trying to win a ring in Cleveland and become the hero. Meanwhile, there are problems occurring in his hometown that he now has the power to fix. This would be the opportune moment for him to organize black people.

There is no way that he isn't aware of this situation, its Cleveland, how many top-priority news pieces are they running?

But he's all about his image. I'll stick with Melo, may not have a ring, but he's in the streets. Ryker's island, Ferguson, gun violence presentations. Trying to make a change in New York.

u want a basketball player to organize a community???

again, i'll use this opportunity to highlight how pathetic the so-called blk community really is.

The same ppl who fix they're face up to state that Barak was "not the president of blk ppl, but america". Are the same ppl, who want lebron james be a leader..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Him sitting out NBA games is stupid though.

Cavaliers playoff position has nothing to do with a corrupted prosecutor.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

yes the ? there is.
    there's no such thing as a blk community. but the wht community is alive thriving and global...it's a system call white supremacy.

Mitt Romney ain't apart of the same community as barefoot mike from hidden valley mobile homes in kentucky..

through an elaborate multi-generational mind ? barefoot mike has been tricked into believing that him and mitt romney are on the same team..but no they're not.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Didn't ? crown him the new Tommie smith a few months back?
    How he doesn't know about a case in his own backyard?

His statement was 2 paragraphs of “thats unfortunate"

Lebron did enough for u ? ... give ? a inch, they want the whole afro.... Dude is a BALL PLAYER not MALCOLM X.

ALi had the NATION OF ISLAM to protect him and back him.
    WHAT ORGANIZATION that's out nowadays, to create an atmosphere for an ALI?