How Do You Feel About Your Fav Rapper(s) Bad Albums?

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
Do you think it tarnish's their legacy?

Is it almost required and automatically forgiven to have a "bad" album in a great career cause let's be honest even the GOAT MJ has a bad album and even if you don't think your fav rapper(s) don't have one somebody else does.

Just how bad is it? Speak on it.

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't necessarily think it tarnishes their legacy. A bad album comes from the fact that the artist was trying to experiment with another sound from what we were used to. It also shows that they were trying to grow.

It can either come out alright (808's and heartbreak)

Or it can be catastrophic ( yeezus)

My favorite artists is Bone tho. They have albums that I don't like as much but I wouldn't consider them bad.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You can't hit home runs without takinga swing.

I get more worried about consecutive bad projects. Bizzy Bone is a classic example of a great artist but so many subpar projects in a row would have anyone miffed and not willing to support him.

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT TOOK GHOSTFACE 8 ALBUMS TO DROP A DUD, SO I FORGIVE HIM.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I admit nastradamous is his worse album but I still like it

Tupacs bad album wasn't his fault it was eminems and who ever put together pacs life

As for ghostface, I like all his albums.... Even wizard of poetry
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krits worst album is Live From the Underground, but it's an album that I still keep in rotation, and for the most part, I like it.

Same with ? C. I guess that compilation he dropped right when he got outta the pen would be his worst album, but I still play it and like it.

The only artists where I've enjoyed or like everything they've dropped.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't have a problem with bad albums, sometimes ? don't pan out how you want it to. After Nastradamus (? I loathe that album) he gave me Stillmatic, ? 's Son, Street's Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled and Life Is Good.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what a bad album is. There's albums is like and albums I don't like.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on that note KRS made a shitload of bad albums. but that doesn't erase the shitload of great albums since you can and should choose not to listen to those.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It doesn't tarnish what they done to me at all.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I still don't understand what y'all got against KRS One.
  • FutureHendrix
    FutureHendrix Members Posts: 31
    Options
    Can't stand Relapse but the hooks on that album were great only good aspect of that album were the catchy hooks

It definitley has in a sense slightly tarnished his legacy as his fans majority of them hate the album and let him know how much they hated it which made him cancel Relapse 2

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I feel disappointed tho
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Kingdom Come - I like minus the 2 bad tracks

Blueprint 3 - it's alright but I rarely mess with it

MCHG - same as BP3
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Do you think it tarnish's their legacy?

Is it almost required and automatically forgiven to have a "bad" album in a great career cause let's be honest even the GOAT MJ has a bad album and even if you don't think your fav rapper(s) don't have one somebody else does.

Just how bad is it? Speak on it.

What MJ album was bad? You betta be talkin about Mike Jones!
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They become untreatable an lost the poverty hunger which once made them
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thread

Nas Nastradamus - ( so called bad album , it's very above average.)

Eminem Recovery -( ? good people just didn't like that side of Marshall . I did .)

Jay Z Kingdom come - (? it I liked his growth on this album. That Katrina song hot too)

AZ- ( Jk , he doesn't have one )

MOBB DEEP - America's nightmare ( I thought this was one of there top 4 to be honest)

BIG PUN - Yeeeeeah Baby ( Only dudes with micro ? 's don't like this ? )

DMX - Undisputed ( Love this album , haters multiply SMH
  • mchg
    mchg Members Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Options
    :bawling: @ the ? ass, eardrum hating ? boyz who foolishly stan artists other than Hova Da Gawd & are forced to constantly confront the reality that their epic lack of talent is the source of @ least 2-3 wack sauce soaked weedplates

:bawling: @ the amt of heroin u'd have to ingest in order to achieve a level of brain deadness that would allow u 2 even suggest that Hova Da Gawd ain't the GOAT when his priceless jewel filled GOAT catalog crown doesn't have anything that even remotely approaches the realm of bad & even his worst albums (BP3/KC) are good even by Gawd MC standards & are Super Saiyan classics that completely anniliate every non-Hova Da Gawd album ever combined

:bawling: @ associating the word "bad" with anything that is even remotely within the same universe as anything related to Hova Da Gawd's GOATness when his gawdly prime is light years ahead of every ? awful excuse for an MC in history combined x1240 & his post prime ? on 99.9% of pathetic excuses for rappers in the history of hip hop

Young! :bawling:

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    WTF button back right on time
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    De La Soul = no duds .....dudes take their time to craft dopeness
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options